Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: BSOD & Oculus fix
Jan 11, 2021, 03:54
Re: BSOD & Oculus fix Jan 11, 2021, 03:54
Jan 11, 2021, 03:54

jdreyer wrote on Jan 10, 2021, 15:19:
Quinn wrote on Jan 8, 2021, 17:34:
Hi folks,

BSODs while Oculus connected? I've found my issue and resolved it.

I've been through a couple of rough days endlessly troubleshooting BSODs I've been having after long gaming sessions (so after exiting games, then within 5 minutes: BSOD). I thought this was GPU related, because I had no BSODs before installing my new GPU.

Turned out the issue was my fresh Windows 10 install, or more accurately: no longer having the optional USB 3.0/3.1 mainboard driver installed. Installed it. Fixed it. Turns out the fucking OCULUS RIFT prompts a WHEA critical error BSOD (hardware failure) on older USB 3.x drivers. Personally I have the MSI z170a mobo so this driver is the one you need in that case.

I'll post this in the hardware discussion forum as well, so I can reach as many people as possible.

Nice post. Which Oculus do you have? Or does it matter?

It's the Oculus Rift S! I think this issue & fix applies to both Rifts.

Re: BSOD & Oculus fix
Jan 10, 2021, 15:19
Re: BSOD & Oculus fix Jan 10, 2021, 15:19
Jan 10, 2021, 15:19

Quinn wrote on Jan 8, 2021, 17:34:
Hi folks,

I've been through a couple of rough days endlessly troubleshooting BSODs I've been having after long gaming sessions (so after exiting games, then within 5 minutes: BSOD). I thought this was GPU related, because I had no BSODs before installing my new GPU.

Turned out the issue was my fresh Windows 10 install, or more accurately: no longer having the optional USB 3.0/3.1 mainboard driver installed. Installed it. Fixed it. Turns out the fucking OCULUS RIFT prompts a WHEA critical error BSOD (hardware failure) on older USB 3.x drivers. Personally I have the MSI z170a mobo so this driver is the one you need in that case.

I'll post this in the hardware discussion forum as well, so I can reach as many people as possible.

Nice post. Which Oculus do you have? Or does it matter?
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

BSOD & Oculus fix
Jan 8, 2021, 17:34
BSOD & Oculus fix Jan 8, 2021, 17:34
Jan 8, 2021, 17:34

Hi folks,

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older