General Discussion Couldn't dodge the bullet forever...

View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

So far, no infections for me!
Sep 27, 2022, 13:28
Ant

So far, no infections for me! Sep 27, 2022, 13:28
Sep 27, 2022, 13:28
 Ant

I just got my bivalent shot yesterday. It kicked my arse like the previous shots with 102F degrees fever, aches, lightheaded, ringing head, unable to sleep well, etc.

No subject
Sep 27, 2022, 13:07
No subject Sep 27, 2022, 13:07
Sep 27, 2022, 13:07

Thanks for the comments, guys! You must've noticed me posting again in the normal threads for a while now. I'm good.

After that one trip to Dublin I managed to infect my father who picked us up at the airport (I didn't know I had COVID yet then, and I thought my strange throat was due to singing along with the shanties they did play in the pubs). Well, my dad basically had no symptoms but infected my mom who had my symptoms but all of them cranked up to 11. It was proper nasty. After she was symptom free for 48 hours, we saw her again and she (at least, we think so but can't know for certain) infected my wife. She's on her 9th day now and she too had exactly my (and Sepharo's) symptoms. She's symptom-free now for 24 hours.

Anyway, this was the first COVID experience for all of us. It really derailed our routines. Grandma Daycare was closed for more than a week and I've been a solo-parent since my wife got it. Can't wait for things to return to normal. I'm damn near ready to bite my childrens' heads off 🤣

Hope you're back to your old fit self soon, Verno!
Currently playing: Spider-man, Sea of Thieves, Horizon Zero Dawn

No subject
Sep 8, 2022, 10:06
Verno

No subject Sep 8, 2022, 10:06
Sep 8, 2022, 10:06
 Verno

Hope your recovery is going well. I'm in my 40s, in good shape and no underlying health conditions, I also had three vaccinations. I had COVID late July and early August, it was not a fun experience. A co-worker got it at a wedding and brought it into the office. About four days later I had a crazy fever that took quite awhile to break. Two days of migraine/headaches then joint pain, fatigue and then finally a dry cough. I could almost feel it progressing through my body at various stages, it was weird. I had the "COVID fog" for a good two weeks after that, I could only do half days at work before pooping out. I'm finally back to normal now but it definitely took a bit of a toll, my hiking and jogging health stats are all down 10-15% vs a few months ago.

The worst part is that you can't get an updated vaccination for a good 3 months after being infected AND you can still get reinfected after a month. So even when you're better, make sure you're masking whenever possible until you get an updated shot. I'm thankful I had three shots because I can't even imagine how much worse it would've been without. The people with mild symptoms or who are asymptomatic are extremely lucky.

Stay hydrated, continue to try to eat normally even if you aren't hungry and crack a window to get lots of fresh air. The first week is the worst.
Playing: Total War: Warhammer 3 Immortal Empires, Elden Ring replay, Into The Breach Advanced Edition
Watching: The Old Man, Arcane, House of the Dragon

No subject
Sep 8, 2022, 00:12
No subject Sep 8, 2022, 00:12
Sep 8, 2022, 00:12

Quinn wrote on Aug 31, 2022, 13:30:
Thanks man. Yesterday temps were all over the place, cold sweats, hot sweats, a headache that felt like it was gonna kill me. Today, it's my sore throat more than anything that's a pain. That and extreme dizziness. I literally almost fell down the stairs a few hours ago because everything started spinning.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Your symptoms are extremely similar to mine when I got COVID this past May.
Never developed a cough, but first day was a slight sore throat, followed by all the other stuff you mentioned. And some extreme fatigue and mental fog / dizziness too.

Got mine going to an indoor wedding in Texas (I'm from Michigan myself)... what we do for family

No subject
Sep 4, 2022, 14:55
Ant

No subject Sep 4, 2022, 14:55
Sep 4, 2022, 14:55
 Ant

Quinn wrote on Aug 31, 2022, 13:30:
Thanks man. Yesterday temps were all over the place, cold sweats, hot sweats, a headache that felt like it was gonna kill me. Today, it's my sore throat more than anything that's a pain. That and extreme dizziness. I literally almost fell down the stairs a few hours ago because everything started spinning.

Are you better now?

No subject
Aug 31, 2022, 13:30
No subject Aug 31, 2022, 13:30
Aug 31, 2022, 13:30

Re: Couldn't dodge the bullet forever...
Aug 30, 2022, 18:13
Re: Couldn't dodge the bullet forever... Aug 30, 2022, 18:13
Aug 30, 2022, 18:13

That sucks. I hope you rebound and start feeling better soon.
Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

Couldn't dodge the bullet forever...
Aug 30, 2022, 12:29
Couldn't dodge the bullet forever... Aug 30, 2022, 12:29
Aug 30, 2022, 12:29

Been to Dublin last weekend. Met a lot of Americans there due to an American football tournament going on there ("Go big red!"). Somehow the Minstrel's Guild or whatever the hell decided to play Valerie and Bye Bye Miss American Pie in EVERY. FUCKING. PUB?! That was a little bit of a bummer because I went there for the shanties like Wild Rover and Whiskey in the Jar 😜

Anyway, every bar was crowded as hell and I even joked with the friend I was with that "COVID no longer exists, apparently.". Welp, now I'm back home with a THROBBING HEADACHE, sore throat, raised temp, and dizzy AF. I got tested positive for COVID. I'm surprised nobody ever described having COVID as having the worst hangover of the century, because that's exactly how it feels. But I guess the symptoms differ from person to person.

Right now, in just a few hours it went from a little bit bad to worse. I hope it doesn't worsen, because it's a little scary.
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older