General Discussion Game making, looking for partners

View : : :
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Game making, looking for partners
Sep 27, 2020, 01:17
Re: Game making, looking for partners Sep 27, 2020, 01:17
Sep 27, 2020, 01:17

Well I was looking to make a more casual FPS arena game...
I actually found someone to partner with on the Steam forums, we just started, and we're working on it on the side of our normal jobs. So it'll probably take a few months.
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." ― Arthur C. Clarke

Re: Game making, looking for partners
Sep 23, 2020, 21:37
Re: Game making, looking for partners Sep 23, 2020, 21:37
Sep 23, 2020, 21:37

Greentiger wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 16:54:
If anyone's looking to make a game, I would like to partner up with a programmer for fun and profit.

I work in IT so I can program some, a little bit of python, PowerShell, VBScript, PHP, and am familiar with MySQL and SQLite, but it has proven insufficient for me to figure out making games. So I've been mostly focusing on game design and level design. I've made a fair number of maps for the early id games and the early Blizzard RTSes. I've been trying my hand at some pixel art, collecting Humble Bundle collections for art, sound, and music. I also own a few unity assets. I've made some simple low poly models and have been trying to figure out UV mapping but always seem to fight with the various utilities out there.

Thanks.

I can put my name is as a tester, but later in the process as I'm pretty busy at present. What kind of game were you thinking of making?
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Game making, looking for partners
Sep 9, 2020, 16:54
Game making, looking for partners Sep 9, 2020, 16:54
Sep 9, 2020, 16:54

If anyone's looking to make a game, I would like to partner up with a programmer for fun and profit.

I work in IT so I can program some, a little bit of python, PowerShell, VBScript, PHP, and am familiar with MySQL and SQLite, but it has proven insufficient for me to figure out making games. So I've been mostly focusing on game design and level design. I've made a fair number of maps for the early id games and the early Blizzard RTSes. I've been trying my hand at some pixel art, collecting Humble Bundle collections for art, sound, and music. I also own a few unity assets. I've made some simple low poly models and have been trying to figure out UV mapping but always seem to fight with the various utilities out there.

Thanks.
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." ― Arthur C. Clarke
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older