After the initial deployment of Blue's layout v4.0, we haphazardly added a few quick tweaks based on your feedback (like the maximum width for the left menu column). This first real update took more time to implement and discuss between Blue, Kxmode and myself. The following is included in v4.01:
In desktop layouts (with left menu):
- The font size of the blue story headlines is decreased (from 1.3em to 1.2em, for the technically inclined).
- The font size of story quotes (yellow text) and the links table in Out of the Blue is increased (0.9em to 0.96em).
- The square Amazon ad on the frontpage that went MIA in development hell, has returned to the frontline.
In mobile layouts (with hamburger menu):
- The empty space above the main site logo is reduced by 30px.
- The Amazon banner after the first day of news on the frontpage is now disabled on the smallest (phone) screens, so it doesn't protude beyond the right edge of the screen.
- It turned out to be easier than expected to disable tower ads in the forums on the smallest screens, so now they are. Edit on Nov 13
: ...in views/listings, and for all resolutions in post/edit forms.
More tweaks in the next round.
Keep in mind that the effects of the above may vary depending on OS, browser, zoom setting, window width, whether you ate your veggies today, and -- last but not least -- people's perception.
We can't please all combinations all the time, but continue to appreciate your constructive feedback. Thanks! This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2019, 12:05.