Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
General Discussion > Responsive layout

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Epic Sues Fortnite Tester over (Spoiler Alert) Spoilers Oct 27, 2019, 16:10 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2019, 02:16:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 19:12:
arctic.vampire wrote on Oct 21, 2019, 11:10:
I do use the retro but it's not that big of a deal.
Whatever is easier..

It is a big deal. We want to support as many features from this site where we can.
Seems like there was pretty strong support for retro colors in OotB the other day.

"We want to support as many features from this site where we can."

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Retro Oct 24, 2019, 02:16 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 19:12:
Whatever is easier..

It is a big deal. We want to support as many features from this site where we can.
Seems like there was pretty strong support for retro colors in OotB the other day.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

29. Re: Retro Oct 22, 2019, 19:12 Kxmode

Whatever is easier..

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

28. Retro Oct 21, 2019, 11:10 arctic.vampire

Whatever is easier..

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2019, 19:05 Kxmode

Rhialto wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 14:40:
Ant wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 13:24:
So far, that test site seems to work on my ends.
Test site?

That's our private URL for internal testing.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2019, 14:40 Rhialto

Ant wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 13:24:
So far, that test site seems to work on my ends.
Test site?

25. Re: Rad. Oct 18, 2019, 13:25 Ant

jdreyer wrote on Oct 15, 2019, 21:00:
Ant wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 21:53:
Keep the old fast old school design please though. I still check BN with a text web browser once in a while like Lynx.
Hmm, that sounds like a test case.
Yup, that's me. I'm the weird one doing weird test cases. Blue, I should charge you for my QA testings.

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2019, 13:24 Ant

Kxmode wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 02:47:
Keep the old fast old school design please though. I still check BN with a text web browser once in a while like Lynx.

No plans to change the new design. We're working hard to try and keep all the little details (PI) you love Ant in place.

*pun intended
Good. PI? So far, that test site seems to work on my ends.

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

23. No subject Oct 18, 2019, 09:32 jdreyer

Frans wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 06:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 19:49:
Better also be the customize thing down the bottom, because I have to hit "New Blue" every blue moon because it resets itself and strands me with no css selected.
Well, the customize option is there, but I believe the no-css problem is related to it. If the page always loads one default style sheet, that problem wouldn't occur anymore. I haven't experienced it myself anymore since last Spring though.

So, does anyone still use Retro Colors, or is it acceptable to leave that behind us in the new design?

You should probably post that question in OotB, or have Blue post it. We have more than our fair share of change resistant types on this website.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2019, 02:47 Kxmode

No plans to change the new design. We're working hard to try and keep all the little details (PI) you love Ant in place.

*pun intended

21. No subject Oct 17, 2019, 22:17 RedEye9

Frans wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 06:41:
Better also be the customize thing down the bottom, because I have to hit "New Blue" every blue moon because it resets itself and strands me with no css selected.
Well, the customize option is there, but I believe the no-css problem is related to it. If the page always loads one default style sheet, that problem wouldn't occur anymore. I haven't experienced it myself anymore since last Spring though.

So, does anyone still use Retro Colors, or is it acceptable to leave that behind us in the new design?
I don't use retro colors.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

20. No subject Oct 17, 2019, 06:41  Frans 

-- Frans

19. No subject Oct 16, 2019, 03:28  Frans 

Frans wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 05:05:
The initial roll-out will therefore exclude the forums (they'll keep the old skin).
Correction, the forums will have a mix of skins: new overall layout, but old-style (table-based rather than div) body content. That conversion will take more time because there are so many views and forms.

No worries, it renders fine in w3m and Lynx.

-- Frans

18. Re: Rad. Oct 15, 2019, 21:00 jdreyer

Hmm, that sounds like a test case.

17. Rad. Oct 13, 2019, 21:53 Ant

16. No subject Oct 11, 2019, 19:49 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 16:51:
Okay, so what pages are included in the initial rollout?
- homepage
- post page
- post page with comments
- post comment page
- edit comment page
- all of the User Admin pages?
- Resources pages?
- Department pages?
- Site Contact pages?

15. No subject Oct 11, 2019, 16:51 jdreyer

Okay, so what pages are included in the initial rollout?
- homepage
- post page
- post page with comments
- post comment page
- edit comment page
- all of the User Admin pages?
- Resources pages?
- Department pages?
- Site Contact pages?

14. No subject Oct 11, 2019, 05:05  Frans 

Rhialto wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 13:13:
How come there is that video I just saw that was posted in March 2018 and we never heard of it before now reading today's Ouf of the Blue? And why it wasn't implemented like a few weeks after this video was posted which show it's almost completed/finished and is looking so good?
In addition to Blue's remarks, actual implementation work only began a year later, this March, and was interrupted multiple times for weeks/months on end by Real Life™. The initial roll-out will therefore exclude the forums (they'll keep the old skin).

jdreyer wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 16:14:
How are you guys tracking user stories and bugs?
Until recently, e-mail, and now also a private Trello board. Which, before you ask, will stay private.

-- Frans

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2019, 04:58 Fantaz

I don't log in often to post, and just had to chime in about how nice it would be for the mobile version of Blues to finally come around  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2019, 16:17  Blue 

Rhialto wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 13:13:
Holy crap! That is just awesome! How come there is that video I just saw that was posted in March 2018 and we never heard of it before now reading today's Ouf of the Blue? And why it wasn't implemented like a few weeks after this video was posted which show it's almost completed/finished and is looking so good?

Because the video was created as a proof-of-concept with no access to the site's actual code, and getting things rolling and implementation have taken some time. There's more to it than you might expect.

Congrats on what's coming, I like how it looks up to date but while at the same time kind of old look.

Thanks. That's pretty much what the goal was. To have our cake and eat it too, so to speak.

Gives us a second URL for testing before going live, I'll have a look on both PC and mobile.

As I mentioned, we will probably ask a couple of you to participate in a tiny beta, but it probably won't be very widespread or for very long. So don't be disappointed if you aren't part of the test, this will probably go live pretty quickly after then.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >