Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

General Discussion > Odd site behavior in Chrome?

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Odd site behavior in Chrome? Mar 29, 2019, 19:04 Dwarf-Snowninja

edit: disregard, missed the last part of Frans post.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Odd site behavior in Chrome? Mar 21, 2019, 13:31 grudgebearer

Frans wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 07:51:
I had this in Firefox (not Chrome) for a while but not in the last few days. So the theory about its cause that I considered, no longer holds up.

The solution was already covered a few days ago.

Yep that did it. Oddly enough, it was only Chrome, on one of the three machines that I regularly use that was broken.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

2. Re: Odd site behavior in Chrome? Mar 21, 2019, 07:51  Frans 

I had this in Firefox (not Chrome) for a while but not in the last few days. So the theory about its cause that I considered, no longer holds up.

The solution was already covered a few days ago.

-- Frans

1. Odd site behavior in Chrome? Mar 20, 2019, 16:10 grudgebearer

So this is definitely an issue in my Chrome install, just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced it. Starting on Monday, when I load the site, it looks like this:

https://i.postimg.cc/66MmS4gN/BNTurrible.png

Unless I use the Quick Javascript Switcher pluging to disable JS. I've tried turning off all extensions, no dice, page loads poorly. Console shows a missing javascipt that doesn't throw an error when javascript is disabled, here's the console:

https://i.postimg.cc/G3S1DfcY/BNconsole.png

Anyone else come across an issue like this? This is the only site that I've experienced it on so far.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo