Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

General Discussion > Best Game of 2017

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. None! Dec 31, 2017, 20:53 Ant

I am still playing old games like Portal 2 and World in Conflict: Soviet Assault (just finished my original CDs, and then uPlay released the complete game!).  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. GOTY Dec 26, 2017, 00:14 eRe4s3r

My Goty for 2017 is Nier:Automata ^^

Thinking more about it, it would be a close tie with Pyre

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2017, 03:16.

5. My Entries Dec 25, 2017, 05:16 Kxmode

I don't have a GOTY. Instead, I wanted to assemble my list of Games of the Year. In no particular order:

- Night in the Woods (Win) - Quirky, quirky adventure!

- Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - This is likely the biggest sleeper hit of 2017 for me. I thought ACO was GOTY, but it's a toss-up between that and this game. I think both games should share GOTY.

- Mass Effect: Andromeda (Win) - Despite the political nonsense surrounding it and all its graphical and animation faults, MEA turns out to be a solid game due to its vastly improved combat system over the previous ME titles. The story is serviceable and overall worth around 65 hours. The only ding I can give MEA is I have no desire to return.

- Rain World (Win) - Highly original both in presentation, story, and controls (although at times a bit too unique as I got lost more than once). It is also brutally tricky and shows no mercy "in a land where even rain can kill."

- PaRappa The Rapper Remastered (PS4) - Got to get a classic from my PS1 days in here! It plays just like I remember, but now it looks fantastic on a 4K screen!

- Dreamfall Chapters (Win) - Wonderful and unique story between the past and the future where dreams are real in both worlds.

- Wipeout Omega Collection (PS4) - This is the Wipeout I remember from PS1 but now with 4K graphics and modern electronic music. A rip-roaring great time. The speed of moment and controls are simultaneously frantic and fun.

- Life Is Strange: Before the Storm (Win) - This game had a lot of expectations riding on the massive success of LIS. Not only did Before the Storm deliver, but it helped develop the back story to LIS by letting LIS fans get to know Chloe's buddy, Rachael Amber.

- Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire (Win) - A MUCH better expansion over Heart of Thorns. The graphics, music, gameplay, story; all of it shines. Even more shocking is how fast it landed: Season 3 ended, POF launched a month later, and two months then Season 4 started. ArenaNet continues to deliver their Living World content so fast, and yet each is high in quality. I don't know how they do it.

- Cuphead (Win) - I haven't played this, but I include on this list for its highly original presentation. The 20's style animation look amazing!

- Assassin's Creed: Origins (Win) - Hands down one of the best Assassin's Creed titles Ubisoft has developed. I have a soft spot for Black Flag, so I only give ACO higher mark based purely on time spent. I have 65 hours logged for Black Flag and 180 hours for ACO.

- Road Redemption (Win) - An super fun update to the classic Road Rash.

- Gorogoa (Win) - Hand animation puzzle game that challenged me to think about how the artwork blends into one another. This is another game that has a unique control system like Rain World.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2017, 05:32.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

4. Re: Best Game of 2017 Dec 24, 2017, 13:23 jdreyer

Quboid wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 00:52:
NMS is good now? It dropped off my radar very quickly, aside from all the controversy it didn't look very interesting. Just a load of inventory warning. If this has been fleshed out, I might pick it up when it's very cheap.

GotY 2017: Cities Skylines, again.

I'm really digging it. I love the exploration, and slowly building up my ship, gun, and suit with more space and new techs. I've built a base and am proceeding with the quests associated with that. My long-term goal is to get a freighter so I can collect a bunch of ships (right now I'm running a hauler class so I can mine stuff). It's a great game to chill out with drinking a beer. So, it depends on if what I'm describing sounds interesting.

Still haven't picked up City: Skylines, cuz I know I'll get sucked in.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

3. Re: Best Game of 2017 Dec 24, 2017, 00:52 Quboid

NMS is good now? It dropped off my radar very quickly, aside from all the controversy it didn't look very interesting. Just a load of inventory warning. If this has been fleshed out, I might pick it up when it's very cheap.

GotY 2017: Cities Skylines, again.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

2. No subject Dec 22, 2017, 15:12 Hoop

Most of my gaming has been catching up on the last 5 or more years but single player campaign for 2017 goes to...
Wolfenstein 2 TNC

Um .. Behind you...

1. Best Game of 2017 Dec 22, 2017, 13:10 jdreyer

Seems like there were a lot of great and popular games that came out this year. Just a few that come to mind:

- Assassin's Creed Origin
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Density 2
- PUBG
- Nier: Automata
- Cuphead

What was your favorite game?

For me, it was something that actually came out in 2016, but didn't get properly patched up until 2017: No Man's Sky. Picked it up at Thanksgiving, and I can't stop playing. I just love the laid back exploration based gameplay. The flora, fauna, and landscapes are weird and wonderful, even if the artifice shows through. Collecting blueprints and upgrading your ship, base, multitool, and suit is fun, as is slowly unfolding the new Atlas storyline. There are still a few warts, but there's really nothing else like it out there.

Yes I mispelled Destiny on purpose. :P

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo