Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

General Discussion > AnyClip ads on site

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: AnyClip ads on site Aug 30, 2016, 04:53 jdreyer

Shineyguy wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 22:44:
Blue, you have a couple ads from "Anyclip" that tank my Firefox performance like crazy. They auto play which is even worse, and since they're muted it took me a minute to find out why I was having such terrible scrolling performance on the main page (I have a 144Hz monitor, so it should be butter smooth). I've tried blocking the ad (and only that ad) using Adblocker Ultimate to no success.

It's now cauiong my browser to not respond often.

Might want to post in OotB. I've got the same ads, but unlike the vid ads from 6 months ago, I'm not noticing them killing my browser like the old ones did. Also, I'm using Chrome.

EDIT: To get rid of these, I added the following to my hosts file. They didn't actually disappear until I added the last one (delivery.e.switchadhub.com).

1.0.0.0 www.anyclip.com
1.0.0.0 cdn1.anyclip.com
1.0.0.0 bcp.crwdcntrl.net
1.0.0.0 video.anyclip.com
1.0.0.0 delivery.e.switchadhub.com

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2016, 05:22.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. AnyClip ads on site Aug 29, 2016, 22:44 Shineyguy

Blue, you have a couple ads from "Anyclip" that tank my Firefox performance like crazy. They auto play which is even worse, and since they're muted it took me a minute to find out why I was having such terrible scrolling performance on the main page (I have a 144Hz monitor, so it should be butter smooth). I've tried blocking the ad (and only that ad) using Adblocker Ultimate to no success.

It's now cauiong my browser to not respond often.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo