Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool

A new benchmark utility is now available to test PCs for how well they can run the Windows edition of Street Fighter IV when the fighting sequel is released for PCs later this year. The tool is 397 MB, and the download is available on AtomicGamer and Gamer's Hell.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 11:48 Optimaximal

For everyone posting your scores and hitting the 60fps barrier, turn off Vsync and see how mad you can go - people on Destructoid have been hitting 120fps+  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 10:25 LFace

Aint worth spending a penny on this bag of crap computer. Motherboard is on its way out and a HD is about to die any moment too as the dreaded electric clunking has started. Nevermind.  

28. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 09:32 Gravious

yup lol

You know, SM3 cards are pretty cheap nowadays..

27. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 09:00 LFace

Erm... yeah spookily enough it is that L_Face ... omg, your Rabidfrog!!!! Small world!

Dagnammit, forgot about this card not being SM3 compliant... Remember now having to use a hack for Bioshock. Oh well, looks like I'll be kicking the mrs off the main comp for a change.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2009, 09:04.

26. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 08:43 Gravious

I think i remember there was a requirement on SF4 that the card needs shader model 3 support?

*edit*

Yup;

Minimum

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0GHz or higher

RAM: 1 GB or higher

HDD: 10 GB of free space or more

Video Card: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 or higher compatible, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series, ATI Radeon(TM) X1600 or higher or higher, VRAM :256MB or higher

Sound: DirectSound compatible, DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible

Input Devices: Mouse, Keyboard

Also, LFace... of efnet #d00ds back in the day?

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2009, 08:46.

25. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 08:28 LFace

Well I'll bite and put my system specs in knowing it'll cause a good laugh (but be gentle... this is the secondary comp, it runs fine on the main system which is higher spec but thats the wifeys and Ive more chance of plaiting fog than getting her off that one onto this bag of crap) ..

Athlon XP3200+
ATI Radeon x850xt
1Gb RAM
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (the trial one)

No doubt its the old decrepid vid card if Win7 plays it fine.

24. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 08:06 Gravious

Works fine in Windows 7, don't blame the OS ;-)

On a side note, runs beutifully

1920x1080, 16Q FSAA, 16x ANISO, max quality in-game
Full 59.96fps average (locked to 60hz)

the game looks flawless, so glad i waited for the pc version and not the inferior console versions

Windows 7 64bit RC1
Core 2 Quad @ 3.2ghz
4gb PC8500 RAM
Geforce GTX 275

23. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 07:33 LittleMe

I mostly agree kilrathiAce.. Yeah at least for LAN play that would be awesome. For online, a way to tell if they are PC/x360 would be a very good idea for reasons previously stated.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

22. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 06:44 KilrathiAce

This is a perfect game for cross platform between xbox360 and PC windows since both can run games for windows live etc.... Obviously if they cared for the end user this would be implemented and MS would benefit from both. Why? this is good for the game since everyone that owns 360 or PC version of the game could play with each other. YES.

If I was developer/publisher of this game I would see no reason to release it on PC unless it was cross platform. Why? because PC version of this game will fail by itself(cant fight vs console players). Yea I know people gonna be replying saying it wont fail blah blah blah, revisit this in 3 months and we shall see.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2009, 06:46.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

21. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 06:05 LFace

Anyone else having issues trying this? It starts up and the mouse pointer goes to the timer then stops and nothing happens, no error, no nothing. This is using Windows 7 though so my guess is its down to that but still..  

20. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 05:49 wonkawonka

1 button moves, no more pressing down forward punch for haduken, just press "H". Could also work for combos and such.

and in fact you can never check for that in a PC, because keystroke macros are ridiculously easy to make and software comes with the keyboards. So essentially the guy who's got the most time on his hands can get a big edge by preprogramming all the different battle type combinatorics (say he uses Chun Li exclusively, he'll only have a dozen to program at the most).

19. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 01:57 theyarecomingforyou

It runs great - maxed out I got an A rating. The only thing that concerns me is that the menu system uses absolutely absurd keyboard binds and doesn't recognise my X360 pad. I mean, there aren't many games where I get stuck in the menu system and can't figure my way around. Still, as long as the final version supports the X360 pad I'll definitely be grabbing it on release.  

8700K @ 4.9GHz / Kraken X62 / 32GB DDR4
GTX 1080 Ti OC / Optane 900P

18. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 01:20 Jerykk

True, I hadn't thought of macros.  

17. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 01:06 Pete

In a fighting game, how can you cheat? 1-hit kills? God mode? Super-speed? Maxed out super bars? All of those are extremely obvious to anyone playing.

1 button moves, no more pressing down forward punch for haduken, just press "H". Could also work for combos and such.

Doin' it Big

16. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 01:06 Wowbagger_TIP

Game looks pretty nice. I cranked the settings all the way up on mine and ran at 1680x1050 with 8xAA. Got an A rating with a score of 6310 and avg FPS of 59.74. Everything is smooth as butta. I'd need to get a decent gamepad to play it with though. The "extra touch" graphics modes are kinda neat too. Can change the style a little by choosing either ink, watercolor, or posterization.

Running Win 7 RC
Core i7 920
Radeon 4870 1GB
12GB PC1333 RAM

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2009, 01:09.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

15. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 00:46 Jerykk

Obvious only to the hardcore players, sure, but not 'anyone'.

I don't think you'd even need to be a hardcore player to notice. In a shooter, cheats are client-side and aren't always obvious to other players. For example, a player can use wallhack and aimbots and it can be really hard to distinguish them from really good players.

In a fighting game, how can you cheat? 1-hit kills? God mode? Super-speed? Maxed out super bars? All of those are extremely obvious to anyone playing.

14. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 00:27 LittleMe

There are only so many ways you can cheat in a fighting game and they're all very obvious to anyone watching.

Obvious only to the hardcore players, sure, but not 'anyone'. Mandatory STEAM might help overt cheating. Punkbuster=useless.

13. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 00:10 Jerykk

Cheating could be an issue but it wouldn't be hard to resolve. There are only so many ways you can cheat in a fighting game and they're all very obvious to anyone watching.  

12. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 15, 2009, 23:52 LittleMe

This might be a fun game. Would loved to have had a Virtua Fighter V for PC.

I can see a big problem with PC vs console multiplayer online... Many PC gamers are well known for cheating and loving to create drama online. I don't blame MS/Capcom/etc for not doing it. Isn't it a lot harder to run a hacked game on a console?

Caveman your argument is null if Capcom would just label the player as being PC/X360/PS3 in the lobby. Then you'd know ahead of time.

11. Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 15, 2009, 23:11 Caveman

Nobody said it was easy. We've just said that it would greatly benefit the PC version.
Why? So it could be delayed until oblivion with licensing and other technicalities...not to mention Capcom would have to go and update the Xbox version to support it. No thanks.

Also, if I'm on the 360 and against a guy with a shitty PC, I don't want to deal with the lag.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2009, 23:11.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo