Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Here's some perspective on the recently demised Duke Nukem Forever, not that there haven't been enough efforts to put this in context: Today is the 11th anniversary of the announcement that the game would be switching to use the Unreal engine, rather than the Quake engine. The announcement also touches on the question of why they didn't change to the engine for Prey, which was also killed before being revived and developed by Human Head studios: ""It is of utmost importance to us to have Prey be the first game released using the Prey technology. By going with Unreal's tech to create Duke Nukem Forever, we'll be able to stay on schedule to get Duke done and released before Prey."

Unreal Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Pwong 2.
Hit The Road.
Science: Sushi: The Culprit of the Urban Tapeworm Problem?
The cephalopods can hear you.
Media: Man Bear Pig in L4D2? Thanks Digg.
Jimmy Fallon - The Dave Matthews GPS.
Angry Video Game Nerd - Theme (Amazing Techno Remix). NSFW.
The Funnies: ActionTrip Comic Strip- The Future of Gaming... It's Awesome.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2009, 13:16 Kxmode

Damn, who was in charge of giving Nate his meds?

Doctor CAPS

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2009, 10:16 nin

Damn, who was in charge of giving Nate his meds?

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2009, 02:20 Cthulhu

@NateMan: Are you not able to see under the Science section of today's Out of the Blue that is clearly says:

"Sushi: The Culprit of the Urban Tapeworm Problem?"

No, you see it alright, so stop being a troll and trying to goad me in to a response. You are correct that Blue personally didn't "tell the story" but that's no reason to act like an ignorant ass and trash the guy that thanked Blue for the warning about Salmon because since this IS Blues website it could be said that he did make the warning, albeit in the broadest way possible.....

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- Cthulhu fhtagn: 47°9'S, 126°43'W Cthulhu

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2009, 00:24 bfg9000

lol  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2009, 22:53 NateMan

YA IT TALKS ABOUT SALMON ON ANOTHER WEBSITE BUT NOT HERE. AND WHY ARE YOU EVEN POSTING SOMETHING ABOUT SALMON WHEN BLUE NEVER METIONED ANYTHING ABOUT IT. hES TALKING ABOUT DNF GAME YOU TARD! LOL  

7. Re: DNF Jun 15, 2009, 20:49 theAntiELVIS

we'll be able to stay on schedule to get Duke done and released before Prey

Swallowed tongue....laughing....can't breathe....

-tAE-

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2009, 19:53 Cthulhu

@NateMan: RTFA before talking crazy will ya??

http://www.neatorama.com/2009/06/14/sushi-the-culprit-of-the-urban-tapeworm-problem/

The very first paragraph says:"Before you eat that oh-so-delicious piece of salmon sashimi, consider this: sushi (as well as undercooked fish) may be contributing to the growing problem of urban tapeworm"

The 2nd paragraph also says "Once the bane of rural Japanese villagers, a paper in the June issue of Emerging Infectious Diseases reports on the spread of the the salmon tapeworm Diphyllobothrium nihonkaiense".

Soooooo ummm yea, lol I guess stupid is relative now isn't it....?

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2009, 20:02.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- Cthulhu fhtagn: 47°9'S, 126°43'W Cthulhu

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2009, 19:26 NateMan

hey Acleacius he never said anything about salmon. are you stupid or something?  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2009, 13:13 Acleacius

Damn, thanks for the warning about salmon, I have been eating it a lot lately, seared. Especially with the mercury levels of tuna, it;s still ranks one of the healthy fish or foods you can eat.....errr....cooked.  
“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2009, 13:02 Shooters fanboy

@Verno, Half-Life 2 had a 5 year development cycle. If they had released the 2001 E3 trailer build before Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 it would have been an FPS evolution, sadly it never happened, I think back in 2001 when the Doom 3 footage was debut at macworld 3DR were scared of releasing an inferior engine game hence more dev delays. I'm curious the hear Blues thoughts on the future of Duke Nukem and if back in 97 you were looking forward to DNFs release?

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2009, 13:05.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2009, 11:47 Verno

It's hilarious that anyone actually thought DNF would come out in the first place. I mean ok in the first little while sure but after five years no one clued in that they were taking too long to finish what most studios would generously put two years of time into?  
Playing: Renovate My Kitchen
Watching: MI Fallout, Deadpool 2, House

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2009, 09:47 InBlack

Prey turned out to be pretty decent. Maybe Duke turns out ok, once someone competent gets their hands on the IP.  

I have a nifty blue line!

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo