After a minor grease fire in the grill over the weekend (ever try grilling
bacon? wow!), MrsBlue asked what we would have done if it had been a major fire,
and my reply was that we have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen. This inspired
a quick inspection of the extinguisher, which turns out to have been way
overdue, as it was in desperate need of a recharging. We picked up a pair of new
extinguishers (we decided the one in my office was a bit small) in the meantime
before figuring out where to recharge the old one, so we should be safe for now.
I've made a vow to try and remember to check on these things regularly going
forward, and thought sharing this story might help in case anyone else had
lapsed in this area.