QUAKE LIVE Mac & Linux Status

The QUAKE LIVE Forums have a lengthy update on the latest goings on with id's multiplayer shooter. Amid all the details is a status report on the Linux and Mac editions of the web-based game:
Mac/Linux
These have proved more difficult than expected, but we're getting close. We expect to also be testing Mac and Linux versions of QUAKE LIVE internally this month and then making those publicly available just as soon as we feel they are ready. This work is being done by a separate programmer in parallel with the other work that we're doing, and is his only priority - point being, that this is a top priority for us and not being delayed because of other work.
View : : :

Re: QUAKE LIVE Mac & Linux Status
May 5, 2009, 12:16
Re: QUAKE LIVE Mac & Linux Status May 5, 2009, 12:16
May 5, 2009, 12:16

I'm looking forward to the linux port, my home machine is dual boot and apart from Quake3/Quake4/Doom3/W:ET/ET:QW I use Windows XP for gaming - generally I'll agree for gaming XP and as a general desktop XP is great.

My old work laptop(which I'm still using 90% of the time) is XP and I can't play Quake Live - damn punkbuster crap kicks me out all the time - I've tried all the things people suggest but it still kicks.

My new work laptop is Kubuntu 9.04 so I'm really hoping for Quake Live on linux soon!

FF different in KDE vs Gnome ? that's very strange, I've not noticed any problems, I've been using openSuse and Kubuntu for a while and FF seems fine, slightly more work to get the flash plugin's etc but all my favourite extensions work fine. Are you using decent video drivers ? I know KDE is more intensive on the video card.
Date
Subject
Author
May 5, 2009May 5 2009
May 5, 2009May 5 2009
  Re: QUAKE LIVE Mac & Linux Status
May 5, 2009May 5 2009