The Warhammer 40,000:
Dawn of War II Website
has an initial update on plans for a "big" upcoming
patch for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II to update the sci-fi RTS sequel to
version 1.3 with new maps, new gameplay modes, and more. They promise more
details on the new version over the next week, and say they plan on releasing
the patch in early May. Here's the list they provide of a few features planned
for the new version:
• We are adding a Two-on-Two game mode, with two new
four player maps.
• Two-on-Two is a ranked game mode with leaderboard support.
• An improved, more challenging Skirmish AI.
• Push to talk voice chat and Company of Heroes style sub-selection options.
• New squad decorators and significant UI improvements.
• A performance test to help measure Dawn of War II performance.