Company of Heroes Patches

New patches are now available to update Company of Heroes and the Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor expansions for Relic's World War II RTS game to version 2.500 and 2.501, adding a number of changes and fixes, including multiplayer support (the Tales of Valor expansion is actually not expected in stores until tomorrow). These patch notes outline all the changes, while this page has links to download the various localized patches via bit torrent. Manual versions of the patches are also starting to show up, mirrors of some or all of the localized patches can be found on AtomicGamer and The Patches Scrolls.
View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Company of Heroes Patches
Apr 8, 2009, 19:46
Re: Company of Heroes Patches Apr 8, 2009, 19:46
Apr 8, 2009, 19:46

Tumbler speaks in very short

paragraphs which is actually

really hard to read. Sorry

for being a grammar Nazi.

He's right though.

EDIT: Hmm, CoH is updating in Steam. I wonder what that this...

AfterreviewingmycommentIhavetoagreethatmyparagraphswerenotaswellorganizedastheycouldhavebeen.

Apr 8, 2009, 19:43
Re: Company of Heroes Patches Apr 8, 2009, 19:43
Apr 8, 2009, 19:43

I believe it refers to the new units replacing some of the units that appeared in the original and first expansion. Players of Tales of Valor who do not add product keys for Opposing Fronts and Company of Heroes cannot use the "original" units, only the new replacement ones.

The comments I saw regarding these new vehicles seem like you need to "unlock" them before you can use them. So I'm not sure what the owners Tales of Valor will be using prior to unlocking... I'm downloading the 2.5 patch atm, torrent, and will hopefully be able to see how the game handles it.

Apr 8, 2009, 18:32
Quboid

Re: Company of Heroes Patches Apr 8, 2009, 18:32
Apr 8, 2009, 18:32
 Quboid

Tumbler speaks in very short

paragraphs which is actually

really hard to read. Sorry

for being a grammar Nazi.

He's right though.

EDIT: Hmm, CoH is updating in Steam. I wonder what that this...

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2009, 18:32.

Apr 8, 2009, 17:44
Re: Company of Heroes Patches Apr 8, 2009, 17:44
Apr 8, 2009, 17:44

"people who own Tales of Valor and nothing else don't get to use something called "classic vehicles" which I'm not clear on what these are..."

I believe it refers to the new units replacing some of the units that appeared in the original and first expansion. Players of Tales of Valor who do not add product keys for Opposing Fronts and Company of Heroes cannot use the "original" units, only the new replacement ones.

Apr 8, 2009, 17:01
Re: Company of Heroes Patches Apr 8, 2009, 17:01
Apr 8, 2009, 17:01

DoW2 is struggling to release patches that address 1 small problem weeks after launch.

Microsoft certification...end of story. CoH does not have to go through MS for certification, DoW2 does.

Some bad decisions have been made with DoW2, primarily the decision to use GFWL.

Apr 8, 2009, 16:34
Re: Company of Heroes Patches Apr 8, 2009, 16:34
Apr 8, 2009, 16:34

I would love to know the difference between the internal groups that run CoH and the groups that run DoW2.

DoW2 is struggling to release patches that address 1 small problem weeks after launch.

On the CoH side you have them releasing patches with Bitorrent supported simultaneously with their new product launching...

I don't see how DoW2 and CoH come from the same developer. I'm picturing a cinder-block wall being build inside their main offices that keeps the "stupid" trapped on one side so that the CoH guys can continue to kick ass on the other.

Can someone please straighten this shit out over there?

Tales of Valor looks pretty interesting, I love that they are making all the previous version of the game run with this newest expansion so none of the community is divided.

From what I've seen the multiplayer side of the game gets different vehicles to swap in (2 per army?) to replace existing ones. They are slightly different but apparently balanced and shouldn't give people that use these vehicles an advantage against people who don't have the "Tales of Valor" Expansion.

Tales of Valor also gives players all the armies in multiplayer to play which is a big deal. The players that don't own Tales of Valor can see the new vehicles when opposing player use them, people who own Tales of Valor and nothing else don't get to use something called "classic vehicles" which I'm not clear on what these are...

But the most important part is the the community is still completely combined. None of this bullshit where players with the new expansion don't get to play with people who dont' have it. All the maps are there for everyone.

It's just a whole fucking bag of win...

And across the isle you have the DoW2 geniuses releasing an exclusive map from the beginning that some people had and some people didn't.

It's enough to make you cry.

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2009, 16:43.
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older