Legends of Zork Launches

Legends of Zork is now live, offering the latest game based on the classic Infocom text adventure. Word is:
“We’ve designed LoZ to be as accessible as possible, hoping to appeal to both original Zork fans (and there’s enough of them working on this that we should know what we’re talking about), while also trying to bring in a whole new generation of players”, said Dylan Collins, CEO of Jolt Online Gaming, “We appreciate that Zork™ is a hallowed franchise, and we have tried our very best to keep within the spirit of the game and pay it the reverence it deserves, while also making some obvious changes to open it up to a wider audience”. He continued, “We don’t know if this approach will make us the most celebrated company in the world, or if we’ve just earned ourselves a whole lot of hate mail, but whatever the result, that’s the balance we’ve tried to strike. We’ve also made it as accessible as possible in a very literal sense, in that we’ve designed it to be played in your Internet browser, at home, in school, in the office. Personally I can’t imagine a better use of a smartphone than to thrash a giant Kobold while on my exercise bike at the gym”.
View : : :
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Legends of Zork Launches
Apr 1, 2009, 18:49
Re: Legends of Zork Launches Apr 1, 2009, 18:49
Apr 1, 2009, 18:49

why the fuck would you make a Zork game without a text parser? or at least some kind of classic adventure game elements?

/lewd

dumb motherfuckin cocksuckers

Apr 1, 2009, 14:45
Kxmode

Re: Legends of Zork Launches Apr 1, 2009, 14:45
Apr 1, 2009, 14:45
 Kxmode

"Blue" Screen of Death
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Apr 1, 2009, 10:52
Re: Legends of Zork Launches Apr 1, 2009, 10:52
Apr 1, 2009, 10:52

Ok checked it out, its not an April Fools prank, but it is kind of lame. Maybe there is some puzzles eventually but for now all I see it basic grinding.. Bzzz
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older