Relic does wonderful games, but:
- Relic Online doesn't work most of the time.
- their patching process is pathethic (be it applying consecutive patches, downloading them or even trying to play without patching: it will force you to do it).
- their timing is pathethic as well (this patch was expected last summer!)
- their network code is the worst I have seen: my group doesn't even try anything other than LAN since we'll never be able to finish games with more than 4 players, and also a player with low FPS will slow everybody!
- their choice of DRM is appaling (only StarForce is worse than SecuSHIT).
The fact that we go through all of that speaks volumes of how good CoH is. Here's waiting to Tales of Valor and hoping that at least some of that is fixed.
This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2009, 20:19.