Gold - Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor

THQ and Relic Entertainment announce that Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor is gold, and the World War II real-time strategy standalone expansion is expected in stores on April 9. Here's the skinny:
AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced Company of Heroes®: Tales of Valor™, the next chapter in the critically-acclaimed Company of Heroes franchise, has reached the gold master stage of development and has entered manufacturing. Developed by award-winning Real-Time Strategy (RTS) developer, Relic Entertainment, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor offers three, intense single-player campaigns, three new multiplayer modes and an innovative “direct-fire” feature that offers an unprecedented amount of control on the battlefield. Scheduled for a nationwide release at all major retail and online outlets on April 9, 2009, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor will be available as a Games for Windows® PC title for a suggested retail price of $29.99.

“Building upon the recent critical and commercial success of Dawn of War II, Relic Entertainment is set to deliver the next great chapter in the award-winning Company of Heroes franchise,” said Kevin Kraff, vice president of global brand management, THQ. “Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor strengthens Relic Entertainment’s reputation as a leading RTS developer, with an unwavering dedication to innovative, ground-breaking gameplay experiences.”

“Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor brings an exceptional amount of tactical control and intimate combat to the franchise,” said Tarrnie Williams, general manager, Relic Entertainment. “The three new single-player campaigns, new multiplayer modes and advanced gameplay mechanics emphasize precision and require players to use a new level of strategy and skill to achieve victory during the historic battles of World War II.”
View : : :

Re: Gold - Company of Heroes: Tales of V
Mar 27, 2009, 03:56
Re: Gold - Company of Heroes: Tales of V Mar 27, 2009, 03:56
Mar 27, 2009, 03:56

What I can't stand is the unit imbalances. There is a very clear set of units for each army that get the best results and that is at least 90% of the games you play.

I've lost faith in Relic's ability to properly balance a game. As of now, DOW2's balance is a big fuck-all to all non-nids(or eldar) players.

Playing as orks is a joke, so many units yet so few useful ones, especially against the nids.

I had such high hopes for this game. Too bad they seem to choose to please the nids fans only. Adding a race without any personality was a minor diappointment in the first place, now this race is breaking the game's balance. It's pissing me off.

The only reason I log in and play a few games now is to try and rank up my profile so I can see the cooler stuff on my orks.

Good luck to that. If you can win using orks vs other races, mostly eldar and OMFGPwNAG3 nids, please enlighten me.
Date
Subject
Author
Mar 26, 2009Mar 26 2009
Mar 26, 2009Mar 26 2009
Mar 26, 2009Mar 26 2009
Mar 26, 2009Mar 26 2009
Mar 27, 2009Mar 27 2009
    Re: Gold - Company of Heroes: Tales of V
Mar 26, 2009Mar 26 2009