Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

PC & Mac Guitar Hero: World Tour

Aspyr Media and Activision Publishing officially announce plans for PC and Mac editions of Guitar Hero: World Tour, which were first revealed in a preview posted last night. The ports will be released this summer along with corresponding wireless controllers:
ASPYR MEDIA AND ACTIVISION UNVEIL GUITAR HERO® WORLD TOUR FOR WINDOWS PC AND MAC

AUSTIN, TEXAS – March 25, 2009 – Aspyr Media and Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) have teamed once again to rock the computer gaming world with the announcement of Guitar Hero® World Tour for Windows PC and Mac. Transforming music gaming by expanding Guitar Hero’s® signature guitar gameplay into a cooperative band experience, Guitar Hero World Tour for PC and Mac offers state-of-the-art wireless controllers to computer gamers for the first time, new online and offline gameplay modes and a Music Studio feature for composing and editing original rock and roll anthems. Guitar Hero World Tour is the most complete music game to-date with 86 on-disc tracks from music legends such as The Eagles, Van Halen, Metallica, Michael Jackson and The Doors and features in-game appearances by world famous artists such as Ozzy Osbourne, Billy Corgan and Travis Barker.

“Guitar Hero World Tour is the standard for music games on consoles and we can’t wait to unleash this incredible experience on computer gamers,” said Ted Staloch, Executive Vice President, Aspyr Media. “With full band play, support for the new wireless controllers, the ability to create their own music and an amazing array of customization options, Guitar Hero World Tour will be the definitive music game on PC and Mac. We are proud to once again be working with Activision to extend this powerful brand to an eager audience of gamers.”

Guitar Hero World Tour delivers more ways to play than ever before. Virtual musicians can live out their rock and roll fantasies by playing either a single instrument in-game, or any combination of instruments within the game, in addition to the full band experience. Building on all of the online gameplay modes from Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock, Guitar Hero World Tour introduces Battle of the Bands mode, which allows eight players to join online and challenge each other band-to-band to determine who is the best of the best. In the Band modes, up to four players can jam together, online or offline, as they progress through the game. In single-player Career Mode, players can jam on any of the instruments in-game utilizing the controllers in branching venue progression enabling them to rock out in the order of their choice.

The game’s innovative new Music Studio lets players express their musical creativity by giving them access to a full complement of tools to create digital music from scratch, utilizing all of the drum kit controller and guitar controllers, and then play their compositions in the game.

Guitar Hero World Tour for PC and Mac will be available summer 2009. The game is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB.
View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: PC & Mac Guitar Hero: World Tour Mar 26, 2009, 02:38 Kxmode

http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/ is better  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: PC & Mac Guitar Hero: World Tour Mar 25, 2009, 22:12 StaTik

Gee, haven't heard that one before. What's the average size of a monitor these days, 24"? Size keeps going up, price keeps going down. If you really can't see, I'd say your eyesight is a far bigger concern, and let's not forget that just about any TV screen you could buy these days will take a VGA or DVI input.

I have a decent gaming PC in my office hooked to a 25.5" monitor with hdmi inputs. In the living room I have a 46" screen hooked to a PS3 and a mid range gaming/media box. Now given your description outlined above I would say I fall right in to your given demographic. I ask you why I would want to buy this on PC when I have a much better option with the PS3. I would no more play UT3 on the PS3 then GH3 on the PC its just common sense. Let alone that GH3 is best as a group game and the living room setting is a much better setting for group sessions.

9. Re: PC & Mac Guitar Hero: World Tour Mar 25, 2009, 20:33 Lorcin

Hmmm I like the guitar hero controllers but tbh I'm none too keen on the games style - and the virtulisations of people just look plain wrong! I'ts as if the skin has been dripped over the skull from melted wax; billy corden (sp?) is the worst instance of this - he looks like his had chemo and is wearing a bacofoil skirt.

Rock Band's interface and game as a whole is far more PC friendly - but tbh I don't really care either as we own both on the 360 (still nothing funnier than watching your 8 year old girl scream out Iron Maiden!)

Oh and who the hell is Zack Wylde - and why does he look so much like the dwarf off the cover of WoW????

8. Re: PC & Mac Guitar Hero: World Tour Mar 25, 2009, 20:25 MTechnik

I already have a wireless xbox 360 adapter for my PC, for playing games that are just better with a controller.

If I could just pay $50, and use my existing x360 guitars, and xbox-live connected bought DLC songs with it, why not?

That is, is this were Rock Band for the PC.

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2009, 20:25.

7. Re: PC & Mac Guitar Hero: World Tour Mar 25, 2009, 18:49 Ventura

This is a living room game no one wants to huddle around a pc monitor with large controllers to try and play GH

Gee, haven't heard that one before. What's the average size of a monitor these days, 24"? Size keeps going up, price keeps going down. If you really can't see, I'd say your eyesight is a far bigger concern, and let's not forget that just about any TV screen you could buy these days will take a VGA or DVI input.

I really don't understand it at all - it is dance dance revolution with a different controller

Oh the voice of experience. Nothing quite like informed comments being made on actually having played something.

You might think it's crap, but try giving it a go. Only, Rock Band, not Guitar Hero. You might be surprised, but you have to be just a little open-minded. A little difficult, perhaps, but not impossible.

The reason I'm so for PC-versions of this game is that they should hopefully prove to be far more modifiable. That and, with any luck, both 360 and PS3 versions of either Guitar Hero or Rock Band hardware might work on it, which would be a huge plus.

6. Re: PC & Mac Guitar Hero: World Tour Mar 25, 2009, 18:14 Talisorn

While I'd probably never play this on the PC, I played this at a friends place on his PS3 and (after being a bit dubious to begin with) I found it to be a lot of fun as a group activity ...

... and this coming from a 45 year old kid ( ... a damn good drinking game). :p

5. Re: PC & Mac Guitar Hero: World Tour Mar 25, 2009, 17:54 tuddies

NO! This is the worst pile of shit passed off as a game since MYST on the macintrash. My friend is really into these type of dance-dance revolution games on his XBOX360. I really don't understand it at all - it is dance dance revolution with a different controller. Very gay.

4. Re: PC & Mac Guitar Hero: World Tour Mar 25, 2009, 13:49 killer_roach

I may be off here but I think they are going to be lucky if they sell any copys of this on PC let alone MAC.

Considering how hackable GH III for PC turned out to be, you may be surprised.

That being said, it'll also run like a steaming pile of dog crap (just like its predecessors), thereby mitigating some of the appeal.

3. Re: PC & Mac Guitar Hero: World Tour Mar 25, 2009, 13:35 StaTik

This is a bad move.
*There market is already saturated with the console releases. Maybe a hand full of uber fanboys will run out and spend $100 on a game they already own.
*This is a living room game no one wants to huddle around a pc monitor with large controllers to try and play GH.

I may be off here but I think they are going to be lucky if they sell any copys of this on PC let alone MAC.

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2009, 13:36.

2. Re: PC & Mac Guitar Hero: World Tour Mar 25, 2009, 13:31 Omni

Am I alone in saying I couldn't care less?

yes

1. Re: PC & Mac Guitar Hero: World Tour Mar 25, 2009, 13:04 Fion

Am I alone in saying I couldn't care less?  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >