Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

World in Conflict Patched

New patches are now available for World in Conflict to update the various localized editions of Massive Entertainment's RTS game to version 1.010, paving the way for the launch of the Soviet Assault expansion. There is some scheduled downtime on MassGate for the update, and here's word on the new release: "This tenth update for 'World in Conflict' makes the original version compatible for multiplayer games with the upcoming March release of 'World in Conflict Complete' and 'Soviet Assault'. It also includes several new features and bug fixes. The missing maps issue preventing players from joining certain servers has been addressed, a new difficulty level has been added for bots, helicopters can now fire at targets directly beneath them, single-player missions have been balanced and tweaked in several ways, admin spectators can now chat to both teams and much more." There are complete Update Notes on the MassGate Website. The new version can be acquired automatically, and the manual US patch is available on ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, Fileplay, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls. The UK patch is on AtomicGamer, Fileplay, Gamer's Hell, Fileplay, and The Patches Scrolls. The French patch is on AtomicGamer, Fileplay, and The Patches Scrolls; the German patch is on AtomicGamer, Fileplay, and The Patches Scrolls; and the remaining language patches can be found on Fileplay and The Patches Scrolls.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Done, but... Dec 27, 2017, 04:50 Ant

Ant wrote on Mar 10, 2009, 13:40:
Sheesh, why is the patch so big? Does it add that much to original WiC? I am not planning to get the expansion at this time since I still need to finish it!
I finally finished its American single player a couple nights ago! Better late than never. Now, time to play its Soviet Assault from its free uPlay version. However, Massagate combined them together which is lame! I don't want to replay the Amercian missions again.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: World in Conflict Patched Mar 11, 2009, 00:02 Ant

- Extra debris on explosions (enable in Advanced Graphics options).

FPS went down to 13 during the nuclear blast in the benchmark!!). Is my ATI Radeon 4870 512 MB video card not enough?

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2009, 00:04.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

5. Re: World in Conflict Patched Mar 10, 2009, 22:42 Dr. D. Schreber

Who doesn't want to use the Osprey to shuttle troops around!?

I want to see cool shit blow up.

Actual troops.

With the Osprey, you only need to watch it take off to watch it blow up. About the only thing more unreliable than a tilt-rotor is the ol' Whistling Shitcan o'Death.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

4. Re: 972 MB! Mar 10, 2009, 18:48 Overon

10th patch. That is quality support. You got to praise them for that and removing securom finally so you don't need to have cd in the drive to play single player.  

3. Re: 972 MB! Mar 10, 2009, 15:31 Tumbler

Heh, that should be fun on their auto patch system... Not sure how bit the maps are but when you auto update and the system tries to load maps...it's pretty slow.  

2. 972 MB! Mar 10, 2009, 13:40 Ant

Sheesh, why is the patch so big? Does it add that much to original WiC? I am not planning to get the expansion at this time since I still need to finish it!  

1. Re: World in Conflict Patched Mar 10, 2009, 13:30 Tumbler

This new Soviet Assault expansion seems to be lite on features from the MP side:

The New maps seem like the only addition...why no new units? New helicopters, some new forces to play with! Maybe some upgraded commander abilities?

Who doesn't want to see an AC130 flying around laying waste on a part of the map only to have an airstrike called on it and see it go down in flames?!

Who doesn't want to use the Osprey to shuttle troops around!? How about some JSF's for close in troop support? They could move around the map faster than apache's then go into hover mode and fuck shit up.

I want to see cool shit blow up.

I have to say I'm feeling pretty un happy with the addition to the core game. seems like it's just a soviet campaign... Give us new toys!

New features include:

* New Single-Player Campaign: For the first time, play as the Soviet army and follow the global invasion from the perspective of the motherland. World in Conflict: Soviet Assault continues the franchise’s tradition of gripping, Hollywood-quality voice-over performances, tense and emotional storylines and unbelievable, cinematic storytelling methods.

* New Maps: World in Conflict: Soviet Assault’s award-winning multiplayer modes get more maps to facilitate the intense team-based battles.

* Action-Focused Gameplay: The game’s unique design removes base- building, resource gathering and “tech trees” in favor of fast, hard- hitting combat that focuses on tactical decisions – much like an FPS – creating a new genre: Action-Strategy.

* Player Roles: Players chose to command units from Infantry, Armor, Support, or Air roles; multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness.

* Real World Super-Powered Warfare: Unleash the authentic military arsenals of the great military superpowers, such as tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters -- as well as nuclear weapons -- from the USA, Soviet Union and NATO.

* Cutting-Edge Graphics: The latest version of Massive’s proprietary Masstech engine features advanced lighting and physics, utilizes the latest DX10 technology, and allows for full 360-degree camera control.

* Complete Destructibility: As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price as houses crumble, forests burn, terrain becomes deformed and the entire environment changes.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2009, 13:33.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo