Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Funcom Loses Cash, CFO

Gamesindustry.biz has a story in Funcom's fourth quarter financial reporting, saying the company had operating losses of $23.3 million, said to be caused by underperformance by Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, their fantasy-themed MMORPG, which made an initial splash, but suffered "shorter average subscription periods than anticipated." Additional word is Olav Sandnes, the company's CFO, has resigned the company, offering an optimistic quote about the mess: "Funcom is a company with a substantial potential based on a unique combination of skill sets in a fast growing global market. I wish Trond Aas and the rest of the organisation all the best in realising the full potential of the company."
View

13. Re: Funcom Loses Cash, CFO Feb 23, 2009, 17:23 Ventura

It's not really the amount of the monthly fee that bothered me. It's that the game was incomplete, and that the further you got, the less content there was to keep you going.

I made it to about mid 40's, early 50's, and by that time I remember being in the one zone that you pretty much had to be in if you wanted to gain any more experience. To say it was packed was an understatement.

That's about the time I unsubscribed, and I haven't regretted it for a moment. You can't complain about losing money if the games you're releasing aren't finished.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 23, 10:25 Re: Funcom Loses Cash, CFO LittleMe
  2. Feb 23, 10:31 Re: Funcom Loses Cash, CFO The Magician
  3. Feb 23, 10:33  Re: Funcom Loses Cash, CFO InBlack
  4. Feb 23, 11:33 Re: Funcom Loses Cash, CFO Tumbler
  6. Feb 23, 12:04  Re: Funcom Loses Cash, CFO Narf2029
  7. Feb 23, 12:31   Re: Funcom Loses Cash, CFO NKD
  10. Feb 23, 14:57    Re: Funcom Loses Cash, CFO Tumbler
  14. Feb 23, 21:36     Re: Funcom Loses Cash, CFO Cutter
  5. Feb 23, 12:03 Re: Great graphics, boring gameplay Techie714
  8. Feb 23, 12:53 Re: Funcom Loses Cash, CFO Zanthar