Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Alice Sequel

EA makes the unexpected announcement that a sequel to American McGee's Alice is in the works at American McGee's Spicy Horse Games, planned for release on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. There's a piece of concept art on the Spicy Horse Website, where word is the working title is The Return of American McGee's Alice, which, since it is still in pre-production, "won't be completed for some time." Here's the announcement:
Redwood City, Calif. – February 19, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc (NASDAQ: ERTS) and Spicy Horse today announced that they have signed a publishing deal for an all-new title based on EA’s 2000 classic, American McGee’s Alice™. The game reunites EA with American McGee, the creative visionary behind the original game. The new title is in development for the PC, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game console.

“This new project is a dream come true for me and the fans who’ve kept the Alice flame alive,” said American McGee, senior creative director at Spicy Horse. “EA gave us creative latitude and support on the original game which resulted in something beautiful and daring. This trip through the looking glass promises to be even more exciting.”

“EA Partners is thrilled to team up with American McGee and Spicy Horse on the next installment of the Alice franchise,” said David DeMartini, senior vice president and general manager of EA Partners. “American McGee’s interpretation of Alice was an instant classic, and EA Partners is ready to help him bring his innovative vision for the franchise to even darker, more exciting places.”

Spicy Horse was represented in the deal by CAA and Weissman Wolff.
View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Alice Sequel Feb 20, 2009, 18:13 Free Mumra

How is working as an artist or programmer in Shanghai slave labor?

It was a joke, but I'll get serious for a minute and say that I have no love for greedy, short-sighted businessmen like American McGee who set up shop in countries like China, where almost a quarter of the population lives on less than a dollar a day, to avoid paying people in their own country a living wage. It's a disgusting practice on multiple levels that has destroyed our productive capacity and turned us into a nation of service-based employees. When the productive jobs are outsourced, insourced and everything in between, it shouldn't be any surprise that rising unemployment and a debilitated ghost of an economy is the end result.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Alice Sequel Feb 20, 2009, 03:21 Calabi-Yau

Dear Mr clueless fucktard: October 2000 was last decade, and last millennium also.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2009, 03:21.

9. Re: Alice Sequel Feb 20, 2009, 02:03 Yifes

I've always wanted to see Alice in Wonderland re-envisioned though Chinese slave labor.

How is working as an artist or programmer in Shanghai slave labor? Or is this some poorly phrased social commentary on how hard game developers work for EA in general?

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2009, 02:06.

8. Re: Alice Sequel Feb 19, 2009, 22:59 Caveman

Oh god Bad Day LA was one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever played. They should be ashamed for making such a revolting piece of garbage.

I've had more fun cleaning my cat's litterbox than Bad Day LA

7. Re: Alice Sequel Feb 19, 2009, 21:01 zirik

Oh, damn. McGee, like the rest of his ex-mates at id, doesn't know how to do a good game anymore. Yeah, at least id knows how to make a decent game, not like the travesty that was Bad Day LA.

was GRIM so bad that you forgot to mention it?

6. Re: Alice Sequel Feb 19, 2009, 20:30 Paketep

Oh, damn. McGee, like the rest of his ex-mates at id, doesn't know how to do a good game anymore. Yeah, at least id knows how to make a decent game, not like the travesty that was Bad Day LA.

I'll stay far far away from this. I really liked the first one and I want my memories intact, thank you.

5. Re: Alice Sequel Feb 19, 2009, 20:24 CJ_Parker

I enjoyed the original too, but one of the things that made it so great was that it was original. But I guess that's too much to ask from EA this decade.

The original was published by EA. This decade. And you, Sir, are a clueless fucktard. kthxbai...

4. Re: Alice Sequel Feb 19, 2009, 20:06 Xyggy

Free Mumra is the WINNER! Spot on, sir, spot on.  

3. Re: Alice Sequel Feb 19, 2009, 19:34 Free Mumra

I've always wanted to see Alice in Wonderland re-envisioned though Chinese slave labor.  

2. Re: Alice Sequel Feb 19, 2009, 19:24 The_Pink_Tiger

Gee, a sequel? From EA? Who would've imagined that?

I enjoyed the original too, but one of the things that made it so great was that it was original. But I guess that's too much to ask from EA this decade.

1. Re: Alice Sequel Feb 19, 2009, 18:39 theyarecomingforyou

Woo. The original game was a lot of fun so I look forward to seeing the result of this endeavour.  

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >