Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

Happy Festivus!

TheTechLounge is having trouble meeting their Toys for Tots goal, so we thought it would be nice to try to help them out a little more, please lend a hand if you can:

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Into the Black Dec 24, 2008, 15:51 Retired

TheTechLounge is having trouble meeting their Toys for Tots goal, so we thought it would be nice to try to help them out a little more, please lend a hand if you can:

Thanks for the reminder Blue.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Into the Black Dec 24, 2008, 15:27 Narf2029

My ad blockers aren't hindering me as long as I remember to close Firefox before I start playing. It's really not hard to stop ads anymore. And I can even bring an ad up to click every time I feel supportive of Blue's News, when I want to and not when the advertisers want me to. A win for all parties! Well, except the advertisers I guess but I'd never buy something I saw in an annoying flash ad anyway.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

6. Re: Into the Black Dec 24, 2008, 10:12 nin

sorry i dont hinder my system with lame ad blocking software.

I don't either, I use adblock. If you don't, it's your problem, not ours.

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

5. Re: Into the Black Dec 24, 2008, 10:07  Blue 

The site is infested with horrid site blocking ads and its really fucking annoying.Im considering not going here anymore. Its a good site, but between the "press continue to go to the website" ads and the full page flash ads, im thinkin about it.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I understand. I have plans to talk with the powers that be after the new year about ending the pop-ups, but I don't know where that will all go. It seems these ads we all hate are going to be a thing of the past eventually - I use Google Chrome now and I don't see most of them with no ad-blocking software installed.

This guy already rolls in cash from ad revenue. Any more and im out.

Just to be clear, if I was rolling in cash, or even just wading in it, I would hire somebody so I could take an hour or two off per year. I'm not complaining mind you, but I am not a great businessman, and the notion that the ads here are making me rich could not be further from the truth.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

4. Re: Into the Black Dec 24, 2008, 10:02 NKD

sorry i dont hinder my system with lame ad blocking software. I am a gamer.

Learn to use your HOSTS file, moron. It's a little more effective than trying to get every site you visit to remove their ads.

If you aren't willing to take the effort to remedy the problem, you can take your complaints and choke to death on them.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2008, 10:03.

"Broke their brown backs chasing Mr. White's dream,
that Bill of Rights was just a pyramid scheme."
- Nunca David Hidalgo & Los Refugio Tiernos

3. Re: Into the Black Dec 24, 2008, 09:32 Jackal

sorry i dont hinder my system with lame ad blocking software. I am a gamer.

The site is infested with horrid site blocking ads and its really fucking annoying.Im considering not going here anymore. Its a good site, but between the "press continue to go to the website" ads and the full page flash ads, im thinkin about it.

This guy already rolls in cash from ad revenue. Any more and im out.

2. Re: Into the Black Dec 23, 2008, 22:56 Narf2029

What full page ads? Between adblock and flashblock I see almost no ads.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

1. Re: Into the Black Dec 23, 2008, 22:29 Jackal

your full page ads are really beginning to get fucking annoying.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo