Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches

The 3000AD Patches Page now lists download locations for a new patch for Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition, updating the final installment in this space combat series to version 1.01.00, with the Version Control File supplying all the details you need about the new version. For the more adventurous, the page also offers a Beta 02 of version 2.0 for the Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition. The Version Control File has word on what's included in the beta, which 3000AD says is a "major upgrade based on technologies used in our previous game. This includes a vastly improved SM 2.0 graphics engine and other improved technologies."
View : : :
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition
Nov 22, 2008, 11:18
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Nov 22, 2008, 11:18
Nov 22, 2008, 11:18

arguing with the likes of you and your ilk is like competing in the special olympics.

Inappropriate.

Nov 22, 2008, 09:24
Prez

Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Nov 22, 2008, 09:24
Nov 22, 2008, 09:24
 Prez

Oy Vey. Another Smart vs. Blues flame fest. Yay.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Nov 22, 2008, 03:28
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Nov 22, 2008, 03:28
Nov 22, 2008, 03:28

The niche crowd who keep buying games like mine - and those from others - keep buying them. So we keep making and supporting them. So, what have YOU done lately?

do you really want to know? i donated blood recently and continued volunteer work for a non-profit battered women's center. what have you done for the betterment of society?

Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches
Nov 21, 2008, 22:41
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 22:41
Nov 21, 2008, 22:41

Guess he doesn't think us common folk deserve any apology.

What a fucking dick.

Nov 21, 2008, 18:15
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 18:15
Nov 21, 2008, 18:15

I am sure DSmart will make some great come back on this one. One that insults us sub humans in his eyes.

And then he can address the Special Olympics folks as well, which I guess would imply that Derek has no heart and we should possibly put all those sub humans in the oven so that they don't pollute the gene pool.

Keep on typing Derek. Keep on typing..... Your virtual grave is about 5 million feet deep at this point.

Nov 21, 2008, 17:48
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 17:48
Nov 21, 2008, 17:48

Yeah, as soon as you grow old enough to move out of your mom's basement and actually cash in your food stamps and get a bank account, you'll understand the financial mechanics of game development. Just because you don't like my games - or me - is largely inconsequential. So, yeah, go cry to my bank account because I have nothing better to do with my time than to put resources behind a game that nobody is buying or playing. Yah.

Erm actually Derek my mum died of cancer 1 month and 8 days ago at the age of 57 (yes I'm 34 and yes she had me and my sister young). Either way given that A) she's dead and B) she never had a basement in her short life exactly how superior do you feel now?

Nov 21, 2008, 15:41
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 15:41
Nov 21, 2008, 15:41

I call Godwin's law. It's over.

Nov 21, 2008, 14:25
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 14:25
Nov 21, 2008, 14:25

"your ilk is like competing in the special olympics."

And you fail to see the irony in your last post... Hitler.

Nov 21, 2008, 14:22
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 14:22
Nov 21, 2008, 14:22

Surf, as I said before, your arrogance is remarkable. I have nothing further to add since arguing with the likes of you and your ilk is like competing in the special olympics.
Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

Nov 21, 2008, 13:59
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 13:59
Nov 21, 2008, 13:59

Derek,

My statement wasn't an attack on you, I was merely pointing out the fact that I know of no one that plays your game. Then again, I know of no one that plays Barbies Dream House either. However, your extremely (understatement) defensive nature informs me that you are possibly full of fluff. Someone that gets that defensive, or reads everything with a negative connotation, means they are either full of shit or exaggerating something. Or, perhaps on my past posts, you are reacting to those, setting the tone, and using them as a reference?

Anyways, I have a nice analogy for you. If you were a band, you would be say, Striper. That utterly forgettable, laughable band that has a christian following. I cannot say I have ever walked into a party where someone yelled "Turn up the Striper bro!". Instead I hear "Crank the AC/DC" or other well know, GOOD, bands. Still, you have a following I guess. You make enough cash to go on and become "independently" wealthy whatever measuring stick you use for that. To me, I still view your efforts as a waste of time. Had you never existed or had you never made a game, your impact on gaming one way or another would have been utterly pointless and ineffective. You're more well known for you brash, bold, arrogant, ignorant personality than any and all of your games combined.

That truly is sad if you break it down.

As independently wealthy as you are, you are socially bankrupt my friend, and always will be.

BTW I do own a business that is moderately successful.

PSS: Who the hell uses a term like "common folk" Derek? Man you really are a tool. Do you refer to your "co-workers" as underlings? Play Dungeon Keeper ever and shout at the screen?

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2008, 14:05.

Nov 21, 2008, 10:12
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 10:12
Nov 21, 2008, 10:12

Surf, you must be pretty arrogant to think that the people you know are important enough that if they're not playing a specific game, then its not worth mentioned. I mean, seriously?

The most important thing is that people who don't make money on what they do - especially in the gaming business - don't do it. But that would make far too much sense to common folk who have no business acumen whatsoever.
Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead

Nov 21, 2008, 09:55
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 09:55
Nov 21, 2008, 09:55

Of all the game companies that have gone out of business due to piracy or the economy, why is dsmart still around? I mean, he acts like he is a millionaire based on his comments about his games.

Derek your game sales don't add up to your claims of "independent wealth" at all. Maybe you are, but if so how could it be from your games when no one I know plays or owns or has even tried your games (besides me)? I worked for 3 video game companies in the bay area and never once has anyone said "This game is cool" or "i own BC 3000" or whatever game you made.

Strange to me for sure.

I expect your text assault any minute now.... 3.....2......1

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2008, 09:58.

Nov 21, 2008, 08:31
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 08:31
Nov 21, 2008, 08:31

@ Lorcin

Wow that has to be a first - a notification of a patch which contains more words than the game in question has sales.

Yeah, as soon as you grow old enough to move out of your mom's basement and actually cash in your food stamps and get a bank account, you'll understand the financial mechanics of game development. Just because you don't like my games - or me - is largely inconsequential. So, yeah, go cry to my bank account because I have nothing better to do with my time than to put resources behind a game that nobody is buying or playing. Yah.

@ cliffski

I'm doing my bit to make proper indie games that don't just copy existing genres. Plus there are introversion and as few others.

You never fail to disappoint. Keep up the good work and let me know how thats working out for ya.

@ Zirik

its not like the game got glowing rave reviews. just do a search in youtube and you will see the problems that a lot of people encountered while playing this game.

Thats rich. Even when you consider that you could say the same for pretty much every single game in existence. My games were never designed or developed for the mainstream crackheads who couldn't read more than five pages of a game's manual without breaking out into fits of convulsion. The niche crowd who keep buying games like mine - and those from others - keep buying them. So we keep making and supporting them. So, what have YOU done lately?

To each his own.

To the rest of you who are actually interested, I am in fact releasing a free v2.0 upgrade (unlike those other guys who sell you back the same game with graphics enhancements) to all owners of the v1 of the game. It means a LOT of work going back to rip out several engines and replace them with more recent versions, assets etc. It is a 300MB upgrade currently in Beta. More info and a download to Beta 02 (released yesterday) is below.

http://www.3000ad.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50026619

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2008, 08:36.

Nov 21, 2008, 08:13
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 08:13
Nov 21, 2008, 08:13

I just have to post in a thread where SamuraiSaint posted!
I have a nifty blue line!

Nov 21, 2008, 07:37
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 07:37
Nov 21, 2008, 07:37

I'm doing my bit to make proper indie games that don't just copy existing genres. Plus there are introversion and as few others.

Nov 21, 2008, 05:20
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 05:20
Nov 21, 2008, 05:20

He may or may not be an asshole, but he came from our block and he's our asshole, mutherf***ers.

Awwww, isn't that sweet?

Nov 21, 2008, 05:03
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 05:03
Nov 21, 2008, 05:03

I'm glad that someone is making games like this because regardless of their shortcomings these are, in theory anyways, how I imagined computer games would be 'in the future' fifteen or twenty years ago. There are very few games that even approach that. There are a lot of great games I wouldn't even have been able to imagine back then, but games like this were what a lot of people dreamed about.

Amen, Aero. A great many people today don't remember the days of garage programming, when the biggest player in the world commercially was a tiny start-up company composed entirely of MIT students (Infocom). Before games became forcibly locked into rigid definitions and genre roles--RPG, Adventure Game, Shooter, etc.--they were free to be the work of someone's unimpeded imagination. The gamemaker essentially programmed his computer to reflect his mind the way an author writes down words to reflect his, and when the gaming hobbyist picked up his work in a software store, he was looking to see not only what the game was about, but what kind of mysterious creature the game actually was. There was a sense of wonder and, well, freedom surrounding computer games in those days that is completely, and I mean completely, absent today. Even most of the indie work today follows very crabbed, well-defined paths, and anyone would be hard-pressed to find a single joyous voice amongst all the whiners, mindless cynics, and just generally mean-spirited little assholes who make up contemporary gamerdom. That's a remarkable thing when you consider that the actual purpose of games is to have fun and be made happy.

So I understand what you're saying about Smart's games. They're the last living testaments to a happier world gone by (uh oh; my rose-colored glasses steameth over), and whatever his faults personally, as the stalwart defender of that flame, Smart is a kind of heroic figure.

He may or may not be an asshole, but he came from our block and he's our asshole, mutherf***ers.

Nov 21, 2008, 03:18
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Nov 21, 2008, 03:18
Nov 21, 2008, 03:18

Some of you guys are completely clueles...

its not like the game got glowing rave reviews. just do a search in youtube and you will see the problems that a lot of people encountered while playing this game.

Nov 21, 2008, 02:56
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 02:56
Nov 21, 2008, 02:56

Some of you guys are completely clueles...

These games sell enough to make a profit they have a sale base of several 10's of thousands at least. Which is more than enough for One man Dev team with some contract help.

Plus you guys always insult these games and most of you have never seriously tried to even play them. All you do is spew mindless crap out of your mouths.

The games are cool and fun to play. I still get a craving and break out a gameplay session of UCSE every few months. It is honestly silly and stupid how nasty you people are.

These are fun Space simulation games.

Nov 21, 2008, 00:51
Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 21, 2008, 00:51
Nov 21, 2008, 00:51

yup, well said.
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older