Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

LOTRO: Mines of Moria in November, Preorder Details

This press release announces November 18 is the official North American and European release date for Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria, Codemasters' upcoming expansion for the Tolkienesque MMORPG. The announcement outlines a European preorder program that offers exclusive bonus items and special subscription pricing, saying preorder customers qualify for a lifetime membership that will cost 119.99/149.99.
View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Can't Wait Oct 10, 2008, 09:56 nin

And I'm confused about the "shill" comment.

Stanly has to come into every LOTR thread and cry like a little girl...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Can't Wait Oct 9, 2008, 21:46 Ludomancer

Moria is fucking MASSIVE. Take my word on it. It at least matches the size of the existing world. (Hint: it's underground guy! wouldn't really do you much good looking at the existing maps).

And I'm confused about the "shill" comment. Has Turbine done something recently to sell out? They seem to take this property pretty seriously when sticking to the source material.

I wish Turbine would reopen an AC2 server.

8. Re: Can't Wait Oct 9, 2008, 18:35  PHJF 

A major addition to the game would be adding Gondor, Mordor, Rohan, Rhovanian, take your pick.

One thing I noticed since I started playing is that this game is *still* very small. All you have to do is zoom out the map all the way to see that Eriador, the only section of Middle Earth available, is only 1/3 of Middle Earth, and Eriador isn't even *complete* in the game. And from a lore standpoint Moria isn't that large, so I can't expect this expansion to add much to the world.

Other than adding new classes, Mines of Moria sounds more like just another Chapter.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Can't Wait Oct 9, 2008, 17:03  Frijoles 

I'm glad that Turbine is doing well. I want to see an AC3.

6. Re: Can't Wait Oct 9, 2008, 15:29 DarkCntry

Good ole Stanly, unable to discern between people who genuinely like something and that of corporate shills...

That said, lifetime subscribers only pay the initial cost of the expansion but still do not incur subscription fees. This will be true for each expansion Turbine releases.

Note, book update != expansion.

5. Re: Can't Wait Oct 9, 2008, 14:21 Umbragen

It's probably useless to respond to someone that uses the term 'jewed', but why would you think that the expansions are free? Did you somehow confuse it with all the chapters that Turbine has provided so far, free of charge? This isn't a small add-on, it's a major addition to the game, and a substantial advancement of the the storyline. And the Balrog looks fine too.

4. Re: Can't Wait Oct 9, 2008, 13:06  Darks 

My question is what about those of us that already own a liftime subscription? Do we get this addon free or are we being jewed? Seems a bit strange that we would have to pay for a small addon that should have been in the game from the start. I just dont see this new area in the mins as being a huge are to explore. And the Balrog looks like total shit! Its no where near what the orginal Balrog is supposed to look like.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2008, 13:07.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

3. Site Corruption Oct 9, 2008, 12:18  Quboid 

Blue, I'm getting a bit of title corruption on this article, it is pushing the date/share/comments subtitle into two rows. It's not as simple as my window width being too narrow as other titles will "push out", creating a horizontal scroll if I make the window that narrow. I think this title is just too long for the site's design.

Using Firefox 3.0.3.

EDIT: Actually other longer titles will get corrupt before the scroll bar pushes out. However, this is the only article I've ever seen to suffer corruption with the browser window's width being >= 1024 pixels, which is generally the maximum you can safely assume visitors will be using.

EDIT2: http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2008/September/res.php - a lot of the "Unknown" entries will be mobile phones and such like, rendering for them is a whole other story.

- Quboid
This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2008, 12:36.

2. Re: Can't Wait Oct 9, 2008, 12:08 Stanly Manly

Turbine shills at it again I see.

1. Can't Wait Oct 9, 2008, 11:44 jomisab

Lotro is such an awesome game...and this is coming from a long-time WoW player (since launch).

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >