15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: No subject
Oct 8, 2008, 21:38
Re: No subject Oct 8, 2008, 21:38
Oct 8, 2008, 21:38

I am honestly considering getting a PS3, The majority of xbox games seems more apropriate for he sportsjock frat parties than say something I would find engageing.
Ok granted the majority of PS3 games are not that much better, but what tips m e in the direction of the PS3 would be the good reviews it seem to get as a blueray movie player, and general media streaming from a comp without being so tied up with the shitty MS formats, All in all I'm in the process of choosing between a pure blueray player or the ps3.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2008, 21:40.
----------------------------
Yes, I abuse grammar by opening my mouth.

Oct 8, 2008, 19:56
Re: No subject Oct 8, 2008, 19:56
Oct 8, 2008, 19:56

LBP, maybe, but relying on user created content is like saying I'll need to sift through a truck full of shit to find the surprise at the bottom.

Who said anything about relying on user content (other than you)?

They have said there will be over 50 stock levels.

The user created content is a huge bonus just like any other game. And just like any other game with mods and user created levels...yes you half to sift through the crap.

You say Resistance is just another console shooter and SOCOM you arent interested in...but then state GoW2 as a plus for the 360? If there was ever "just another console shooter" GoW2 is it. While I have no interest in any of these, Resistance 2 seems to be doing a hell of a lot more and on a larger scale than GoW2.

RPG's...yes it sucks that we haven't seen more of them on the PS3. They will come...takes more than a year to develop a decent RPG.

Motorstorm 2 demo I thought was garbage after playing the PURE demo, and so many other great racing games this year.

I got an invite to the Home beta a couple weeks ago...haven't spent much time with it...but it's...interesting.

Wipeout HD...awesome. If you enjoyed the game 10 years ago, then you'd probably like it even more now. Otherwise, I dont see your point. I played Doom 15 years ago...does that mean I shouldn't play Doom 4 when it comes out?

Is Sony down-right stupid for not dropping the price to stay competitive this holiday? Damn straight.

----------------------------------------------------
Trackmania United Forever, Bionic Commando Rearmed, GRID

PSN= Puscifer73 • Trackmania= puscifer604
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

Re: Sony
Oct 8, 2008, 19:24
Re: Sony Oct 8, 2008, 19:24
Oct 8, 2008, 19:24

I love my PS3. I think it's a hell of a machine
Seconded. The interface is so slick. I just recently played some 360, and there's no comparison. The PS3 does everything better. I'm not a fanboi, those are just the facts.

The fact that I can stream media from my server through to my big tv is a thing of beauty.
A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

Oct 8, 2008, 16:35
Re: No subject Oct 8, 2008, 16:35
Oct 8, 2008, 16:35

But the fact is, there aren't any exclusive titles for the PS3 that make it a must have system for the price.

Opinion != Fact

No subject
Oct 8, 2008, 16:12
No subject Oct 8, 2008, 16:12
Oct 8, 2008, 16:12

Are you drunk? Sony has more exclusives this holiday season than they had all of last year it seems. LBP, Resistance 2, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, SOCOM Confrontation, Home (not that it's a game), Wipeout HD, and a few I'm sure I'm missing.

No, I'm just not interested. LBP, maybe, but relying on user created content is like saying I'll need to sift through a truck full of shit to find the surprise at the bottom. Resistance is just another console shooter. Motorstorm doesn't excite me at all, the first one only got the attention it did because it was one of the only exclusives on the system at the time. Wipeout I played ten years ago. SOCOM doesn't interest me at all. Metal Gear Solid IV is the biggest exclusive title for the system and playing it made me want to punch the guy who wrote its story in the face until he apologized.

So, yay. The 360 has Fable 2. It has Gears of War 2. It had Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia and Infinite Undiscovery this year so far, which is great since I like RPG's.

You need to understand, I'd get rid of my 360 if I could. I buy most cross-platform games for my PS3. But the fact is, there aren't any exclusive titles for the PS3 that make it a must have system for the price. You can't charge that much more for a gaming system without having at least one real title you can put up and say, "This is why."

Oct 8, 2008, 15:20
Re: Sony Oct 8, 2008, 15:20
Oct 8, 2008, 15:20

But, they don't have the exclusive games. The price is factor mostly because there's no big must-have game that makes people want to spend it, and Sony (stupidly) doesn't seem all that worried about that fact.
Are you drunk? Sony has more exclusives this holiday season than they had all of last year it seems. LBP, Resistance 2, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, SOCOM Confrontation, Home (not that it's a game), Wipeout HD, and a few I'm sure I'm missing.

As for the must-have game, it sounds like you haven't seen any of the hype behind Little Big Planet (which I'm sure will sell more than a few consoles).
~~Crim~~

Re: Loss?
Oct 8, 2008, 14:28
Re: Loss? Oct 8, 2008, 14:28
Oct 8, 2008, 14:28

That billion dollar industry pie is made largely of game sales, not hardware. The Wii is the lowest of the three when it comes to game sales, mostly because they aren't many decent Wii games to buy.

Loss?
Oct 8, 2008, 13:35
Loss? Oct 8, 2008, 13:35
Oct 8, 2008, 13:35

I would also like to point out that it's hardly a "loss" for a next gen system if it only gets a 30-40% piece of the billion dollar industry pie. The Wii has handily "defeated" both the 360 and the PS3, and the install base of the PC and Bejeweled is probably beating even that, but it doesnt really matter.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

Oct 8, 2008, 13:00
Re: Sony Oct 8, 2008, 13:00
Oct 8, 2008, 13:00

I think the public is becoming very jaded with the antics of this group. I know I personally now avoid anything with the Sony moniker any more.

Oh no, Sony lost your business! What ever will they do? Sorry, but beyond the most vocal whiners (who apparently love to frequent the Blue's News boards), I don't think anyone is feeling very "jaded with the antics" of Sony. They consistently put out quality hardware and people are more than willing to pay for that quality. The PS3 is in no danger of "defeat", whatever that is supposed to mean.

Oct 8, 2008, 12:54
Re: Sony Oct 8, 2008, 12:54
Oct 8, 2008, 12:54

I love my PS3. I think it's a hell of a machine, and a lot better than my 360. But, they don't have the exclusive games. The price is factor mostly because there's no big must-have game that makes people want to spend it, and Sony (stupidly) doesn't seem all that worried about that fact.

Oct 8, 2008, 12:47
Re: Sony Oct 8, 2008, 12:47
Oct 8, 2008, 12:47

With the global economy the way it is, I'm not sure it's going to matter what games Sony brings to the table for the holidays (with regard to system sales). *puts on analyst hat* I think the average consumer is going to see that 80-90% of the games that are on PS3 are on 360 and vice versa, and will as a result pick the cheapest one. Therefore I predict there will be significantly more 360's sold this holiday season than PS3's.

Sony probably can't afford a price drop; the PS3 likely costs just too much to manufacture. I find it hard to believe Sony would go into a holiday season $100-$200 more expensive than the competition if they didn't have to.

No subject
Oct 8, 2008, 12:46
No subject Oct 8, 2008, 12:46
Oct 8, 2008, 12:46

there is alot of middleware coming out for PS3 development, those particular concerns are going away

the pricing issue is something they will have to look at, mainly they need to concentrate on marketing this gen rather than focusing on a PS4.. they should let the PS3 mature for at least a few more years first

Analyst Convinced about HD?
Oct 8, 2008, 11:59
Analyst Convinced about HD? Oct 8, 2008, 11:59
Oct 8, 2008, 11:59

YOU DON'T SAY???? I wonder if it has anything to do with NOTHING BUT HD THAT IS SELLING NOW? CAN I HAVE YOUR JOB? sorry needed to vent

Oct 8, 2008, 10:36
Re: Sony Oct 8, 2008, 10:36
Oct 8, 2008, 10:36

SOE = Sony Online Entertainment, I doubt that's what you mean. As for the public becoming jaded, I think they are when it comes to the functionality that Sony is bringing (home, PSP PSN Store, etc.) but from a device standpoint many people are happy with their purchase. The PS3 has allot to offer this year compared to last and is also bringing out some damn fine looking games. That being said, I wonder if those bitching about having to program for the PS3 are the ones who don't understand how to program for it; it seems that Ted Price and company, as well as Media Molecule and even Bethesda have been doing a decent job of it.
~~Crim~~

Sony
Oct 8, 2008, 09:12
Sony Oct 8, 2008, 09:12
Oct 8, 2008, 09:12

Amazing how the SOE execs continue to be in denial. I think the public is becoming very jaded with the antics of this group. I know I personally now avoid anything with the Sony moniker any more. Just ask any console programmer how they dread having to code for the PS3. Pretty much says it all.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older