Spore Patch

A new patch for the Windows edition of Spore is now available, updating Maxis' life simulation to version 1.01 with a number of new cheats, changes, fixes, and features. The patch is available via the EA Downloader (available via this direct link if you didn't install it with the game), and the patch notes are on the Spore website. There are also manual versions of the patch on AtomicGamer, FileFront, and Gamer's Hell. An update is also available for the Spore creature creator, The Mac editions will update automatically upon launch, while Windows users can either make use of the EA downloader, or manual patches for either the full or trial editions of the creature creator which are also posted on the same page.
View : : :
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Fuck Spore!
Sep 19, 2008, 00:16
Kxmode

Re: Fuck Spore! Sep 19, 2008, 00:16
Sep 19, 2008, 00:16
 Kxmode

Spore is Fucked!

Fixed that.

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/
DRM needs to die... now
"I used to fence at Bel-Air Academy." "Oh, really? How much do you think we could get for that stereo?"

Fuck Spore!
Sep 18, 2008, 21:43
Fuck Spore! Sep 18, 2008, 21:43
Sep 18, 2008, 21:43

Fuck Spore!

Re: Gameplay fixes
Sep 18, 2008, 20:52
Re: Gameplay fixes Sep 18, 2008, 20:52
Sep 18, 2008, 20:52

Yea all that kinda stuff really kills the enjoyment of the space stage. IMO the entire game goes down hill a lot after the creature stage, and even creature stage is only fun briefly while you're collecting parts and DNA. There's not near enough danger or things to do in any stage except space, but like you say there is so much tedious crap that it becomes a pain. I hate rebuilding shit in colonies. Can you only have 1 ship?

Re: Gameplay fixes
Sep 18, 2008, 20:36
Re: Gameplay fixes Sep 18, 2008, 20:36
Sep 18, 2008, 20:36

I'd like a few more convenience items for the space stage.
1. Bookmarking planets...
2. Shortest known path to things I've visited (having systems in multiple arms of the galaxy is a nightmare if you don't have a close by blackhole :[ )
Colony presets so I can restore colonies quickly after Grox raids I couldn't get to due to point 2... Replacing all the turrets is a pain.
I like that they're reducing the disaster and raid rate for the non-hard difficulties but it'd be nice to have more items that cost a lot more (10's of millions) that reduces them for your nearby allies too. that or the ability to dump disaster missions. If he can't maintain his planet, why should I care? the mission hangs around until the entire planet is toast.

Also, once I've met the grox, can all my planets please be able to differentiate the grox from common pirates? I constantly get unknown raiders trying to wipe out my civ on a planet, but it's either the grox or some random pirate (or the last remnants of a hostile empire...) but they apparently can't distinguish between any of them!

After reaching the center of the galaxy I got fairly bored with the space game. Running around and kowtowing to the trivial whims of my allies got old. I wanted to focus more on exploration. I had oodles of cash, why can't I buy better tech that minimizes the things I don't enjoy?

I wanted to focus on assault Grox worlds, not on killing 5 infected creatures 500 parsecs away on a planet that has plenty of aircraft with energy weapons already...

Gameplay fixes
Sep 18, 2008, 19:59
Gameplay fixes Sep 18, 2008, 19:59
Sep 18, 2008, 19:59

Sound like a decent list of improvements. Like the fact they are trying to extend the tribal phase a bit more as its too short.

I still want multiple accounts for the love of all that's holy!!!

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older