Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Launches

This press release announces that Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning is now live for North America, Europe and the Oceanic territories. Word is: "Players entering the Age of Reckoning can look forward to invading enemy lands, assaulting imposing fortresses, and sacking sprawling capital cities for the glory of your Realm. They will wield devastating magic and deadly weapons, battle monstrous creatures, and join their brothers-in-arms in epic Public Quests™. Players can climb the Bastion Stair, carry their Guild Banner into battle, and unlock the infinite secrets of the Tome of Knowledge as they travel the world. The wait is over - the Age of Reckoning has begun and war is everywhere!" There's a Community Update - From Mark Jacobs on the WAR Website from just prior to the launch (thanks Massively) saying that players will no longer have to click through the Code of Conduct to enter the game, but they will have to continue to scroll through the EULA every time the game launches, says a last-minute patch has reduced the number of crashes some players were encountering, and that tomorrow they will begin "cloning" players from high population servers onto lower population ones to give players a choice of where to play.
View : : :
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

EA
Sep 19, 2008, 00:14
Kxmode

EA Sep 19, 2008, 00:14
Sep 19, 2008, 00:14
 Kxmode

I would like to remind everyone that EA is publishing this. Even though WAR may not have DRM we need to keep protesting their BS draconian DRM, so that they can remove it from all current and future games. We don't want it.

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/
DRM needs to die... now
"I used to fence at Bel-Air Academy." "Oh, really? How much do you think we could get for that stereo?"

Re: My Biggest Complaint
Sep 18, 2008, 23:26
Re: My Biggest Complaint Sep 18, 2008, 23:26
Sep 18, 2008, 23:26

No no... that can't be right. This launch is perfect!

Re: My Biggest Complaint
Sep 18, 2008, 22:15
Re: My Biggest Complaint Sep 18, 2008, 22:15
Sep 18, 2008, 22:15

Seems like EA messed up the install disks for OZ / NZ region. Loads of people cant install from the disks and have to download the beta patcher just to get the game going.

My Biggest Complaint
Sep 18, 2008, 20:57
My Biggest Complaint Sep 18, 2008, 20:57
Sep 18, 2008, 20:57

I can't decide what race/class to make my main. I love or at the very least liked every class I've played. My least favorite is the Dark Elf Healer (can't remember the name). And my favorites are the Black Orc, the Bright Wizard, and the Witch Hunter. I agree you have to play each class up to ten or twelve levels before you start seeing the big picture.

What I'd like to know if anyone noticed the slightly improved graphics from the 2 DVD install versus the Beta Client? And if so are you also experiencing smoother game-play over-all and no more crashes like I've noticed?

Great launch and great game. I too hope the PvE and the PvP content remains this good through out.

Re: Breath of Fresh Air
Sep 18, 2008, 20:49
Re: Breath of Fresh Air Sep 18, 2008, 20:49
Sep 18, 2008, 20:49

I've been playing for a few days, and I'd have to say that I'm not wowed by the game.

Granted it has some nice features, and the PvP is decent.
Graphics wise it sucks ass though, and the animations are poor. AoC set the bar pretty high with graphics.

The 2 things that bother me most about the game however are the 2x EULA agreements everytime you log in, and when logging out, there is no sit animation, and only a couple messages that actually let you know you're logging out.

We had the most populated oceanic server crash yesterday under load, so I started on less populated server.
There is lag, it's just hard to notice it initially, but once it's there things are popping all over the place and I haven't found an ingame netgraph type tool to check the latency either.

I got a few different chars up to the low teens, but found it starts to get into a bit of a grind as usual.

Overall, I'd give it a 7.5/10. I'll recommend it to anyone that asks, but I don't see them pulling too many wow customers until the end game is tried and tested.

Oh, what's up with the lack of crafting skills? They've really dropped the ball on that one, but then again some people don't consider crafting to be a real part of mmorpaguhs.

Nice
Sep 18, 2008, 20:46
Nice Sep 18, 2008, 20:46
Sep 18, 2008, 20:46

Heh, it's a lot more fun than I thought it would be. It's really good.

Sep 18, 2008, 19:39
Re: Breath of Fresh Air Sep 18, 2008, 19:39
Sep 18, 2008, 19:39

WoW vet here.. from an end game guild who has the entire game on farm. A day 1 player.. ex pvp'er.. etc.. hardcore WoW is what I'm saying.

I love Warhammer so far. I played a bit in one of the beta's a few months back, saw that it had promise.. and it is delivering thus far.
I love the classes, the lack of being pigeonholed into a spec and doing only that (like tanking and not being able to heal or do decent damage-WoW) is not present in Warhammer.

The environment is create.. the gameplay and controls are intuitive and spot on. The quests are laid out perfectly and explained thoroughly. Player Quests are a GREAT idea that works flawlessly for the most part (the loot distribution still puzzles me).. the PvP is awesome, i really just like this game.

okay.. for things I don't like:

This game could look better graphically. Maybe it's my settings (don't think so), but the game doesn't look as crisp as I'd like it to.

Some animations aren't fluid.

Sep 18, 2008, 18:25
Re: Breath of Fresh Air Sep 18, 2008, 18:25
Sep 18, 2008, 18:25

Im surprised Funcom didnt learn their lesson from AO.
Im sure it was all pressure from the suits, fucking corporate bullshit as usual and now look at the state of their game, its down the shitter and will never be what it could have, theyve lost too many customers and rightly so.

Mythic had a smooth launch for Doac, and it looks like they are following suit with WAR, just shows you when a company is able to keep a game in development as long as they need(Blizzard anyone?)until its damn good and ready(yes im aware they cut cities and classes to get it out.)without the suits fucking everything up then the game will be succesful.

I hope WAR does well, Blizzard needs serious competition.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 18:27.

Re: Awesome
Sep 18, 2008, 17:37
Re: Awesome Sep 18, 2008, 17:37
Sep 18, 2008, 17:37

I've been playing since open beta and thu the early start. The PVP has been so much fun I've hardly done any questing.
Here's hoping it stays this much fun to the end!

Someone, or group of someone's, put a lot of work into keeping PVP fun (competitive) for everyone. I didn't realize this until I started using tier 2 quests but players past a certain level will not be fighting against lower level players.

You can join an open RvR and get around this, but the Core servers do a marvelous job of letting players fight against each other without the A holes that ruined AoC running rampant.

And in combat you get your level bumped up so that you can at least have a fighting chance. The level 1 guys get a bump so they can fight against higher level players and still enjoy it. And at a certain point you get bumped into another tier and you can't go back... (or can you? maybe your level is dropped to reflect the other players?)

All in all the PvP quality is exceptional in this game. Really deserves a lot of mentioning.

Awesome
Sep 18, 2008, 17:07
Awesome Sep 18, 2008, 17:07
Sep 18, 2008, 17:07

I've been playing since open beta and thu the early start. The PVP has been so much fun I've hardly done any questing.
Here's hoping it stays this much fun to the end!

No subject
Sep 18, 2008, 16:24
No subject Sep 18, 2008, 16:24
Sep 18, 2008, 16:24

I wasn't impressed by the game initially when I first started beta and it seemed like more of the same.

After putting more time into it, it's safe to say that the first impression was wrong. It's absolutely incredible. There's a real sense of scale to everything; trees are big, the cities are cities, walls loom over you and are walls, trolls roar down on you and dwarf you in size... it's just big.

There's always something to do even when you first start, although characters are kind of rough until you get past 5th or so and start getting enough abilities to make a fight more rounded.

I wasn't "wowed" when I first tried it, but I am now.

Beta -> Live Easy
Sep 18, 2008, 13:21
Beta -> Live Easy Sep 18, 2008, 13:21
Sep 18, 2008, 13:21

Was a very smooth transition going through launch.

I played beta last week, then pre-ordered, got my code and started playing live 2 days ago. Very light play so far, have gotten my char to lvl 4? Maybe 5, but the game is running fine. I moved to a more populated server as well and besides a 1 min 30 sec delay to login there hasn't been an issue.

I didn't get farther than lvl 12 in the beta so I'm not sure what hte game holds past lvl 15 or so but judging by how big the game is so far I think things look good. I didn't even realize each faction had it's own "realm" so to speak so all that time I spent wandering around the zone in the beta was 1 part of about 12 inside 1 of 3 realms. Each having it's own 12 parts or so.

I'm looking forward to exploring and seein more of the game.

The starting area for hte orks is a lot differnt than that for chaos. And I love all the orky names and voices. Very well done. I haven't tried the elven areas yet so maybe i'll do that eventually.

Sep 18, 2008, 13:01
Re: Breath of Fresh Air Sep 18, 2008, 13:01

Glad to hear the game has come out with few issues. I'm sure it'll do well.

Me, I'm happy to hear the AoC PvP patch is live.

Agreed. Out of the multitude of MMO releases I have played, this is by far the best launch ever.

Just on launch alone. Best launch ever.

Breath of Fresh Air
Breath of Fresh Air Sep 18, 2008, 13:01

aahhhh...
Just started playing this yesterday and looged a few hours. So far, I have not seen a single glitch and there was zero lag the entire time I played. I couldn't believe it. The game is very polished and wasn't rammed out the door like AoC by the money counters.
AoC is very sad by comparison in quality. I still hope AoC gets working eventually because it truley could be a great game. I'm just shocked that Funcom hasn't fixed or added jack ****! Promise after broken promise from Funcom.

Re: RvR!
Re: RvR! Sep 18, 2008, 13:01

I just bought my copy. Let's hope it's better than AoC! Fingers crossed.

Re: RvR!
Re: RvR! Sep 18, 2008, 13:01

I'm a disenfranchised AoC player who moved to Warhammer. The polish here is very nice in comparison. Any glitches I've come across have mostly been of the graphical variety, for the most part. I can't vouch for lag though; it was fine all this week, but today is the official launch day and I haven't been in yet.

RvR!
RvR! Sep 18, 2008, 13:01

Im gonna wait for some feedback on the quality of this game now that it is out of Beta before trying it for myself. Too much hype and not enough and broken content killed AoC for me.

I have a nifty blue line!
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older