AoC PvP Patch Live

Massively reports the patch is now live in Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures that lays the groundwork for the PvP system in Funcom's MMORPG by introducing PvP XP and gear. The Age of Conan Europe Forum has the full patch notes.
View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

No subject
Sep 18, 2008, 15:31
No subject Sep 18, 2008, 15:31
Sep 18, 2008, 15:31

The only real complete part of AoC for me was Tortage. Everything after that for me was downhill and unenjoyable. It's a shame, this game had so much potential but anything released now is just too little, too late.

- - - - - -
WoW: Darsius (Earthen Ring) -- TF2 and CoD4 (and other random FPSes): Slink(FSU)
My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

AoC Trial week
Sep 18, 2008, 13:30
AoC Trial week Sep 18, 2008, 13:30
Sep 18, 2008, 13:30

AoC needs to have a free trial week if they want people to come back. I still have the game installed on my system and I'm willing to give it another look but I also have War now and if Conan expect me to pay to see their new changes I guess I'll be playing WAR.

Free Trial Funcom. Open up your doors for a week and let us all see what you've become. If you have anything worth paying for people will come back.

Lost oppertunity
Sep 18, 2008, 13:16
Lost oppertunity Sep 18, 2008, 13:16

Funcom had a chance to make a splash with a huge initial penetration and a great deal of interest they promised the world and delivered a suburb. It's unfortunate because now they are finaly introducing some of the promised content despite the innovations it's lost momentum. I dropped the game a month ago and I doubt I'll go back. Even with the promised DX10 and PVP I've moved on. They really were never competing with WoW but WAR and it's dedicated fanbase. And now, since they blew their lead time, they are toast.

Re: Too Little too late :(
Re: Too Little too late :( Sep 18, 2008, 13:16

WAR is a linear, typical, clone of an MMOG. That said it is a lot more solid out the gate than AoC was. But AoC on every level is more enjoyable until you get high enough lvl to hit the content holes and see all the issues. Before that WAR doesn't compare.

That and AoC's PvP is actually different from the typical fantasy turn based crap and enjoyable. WAR has all the systems in on day one and that counts, but it's all the same old linear instances and slow gameplay.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 13:03.

Re: Too Little too late :(
Sep 18, 2008, 13:01
Re: Too Little too late :( Sep 18, 2008, 13:01

You're right. Too little too late. Now that WAR is out and it actually has what AoC claimed to have (end battles, siege weapons, fun), I don't think I'll be renewing my AoC subscription anytime soon.

Too Little too late :(
Too Little too late :( Sep 18, 2008, 13:01

Funcom Blew it IMHO. I was into the game for the first few months, but it's not even close to complete yet and every time you get used to things, they totally change things. They can't make up their minds. Not to mention the non-existant DX10 that is cleary advertised on the box. Eye candy aside though, the game just plain gets boring with very little variety of anything.
I see this as a desperate and pittiful attempt at trying to salvage the players that haven't left for working MMO's yet. I tried my best to defend this game in the past, but have ended up agreeing with the players who left before me. It's sad because the game has so much potential. I hope to return someday if they ever get to at least what the box claims it to be.
Until then...
/quit

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older