Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Dragon Age: Origins Movies

A pair of new movies from Dragon Age: Origins, the upcoming RPG BioWare considers a "spiritual successor" to Baldur's Gate. The first of the narrated gameplay clips can be found on ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and MyGameTrailers. "Episode 2" of the movie demonstration is posted on ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, Gamer's Hell, and MyGameTrailers.
View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Looks Good Sep 18, 2008, 16:46 Krovven

I can see why some people would want the character voice overs, but I can understand the design decision too.

Does the player really want to listen to what they selected after having just finished reading it? Personally no. I skip through most of Geralts voice over (in the Witcher) when it is being repeated from something I just read.

Would be nice if there is an option, and maybe there is that they didnt have on for purposes of keeping the demonstration shorter.

----------------------------------------------------
Trackmania United Forever, Bionic Commando Rearmed, GRID

PSN= Puscifer73 Trackmania= puscifer604
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Looks Good Sep 18, 2008, 13:01 InBlack

Im so sick of "Spiritual Successors" so far every single "Spiritual Successor" has been a piece of shit in my opinnion....

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Looks Good Sep 18, 2008, 13:01 The Half Elf

Every time I play a game that has the players character voiceless, I have flashbacks to the she-bitch Commander in Star Trek Bridge Commander.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

2. Re: Looks Good Sep 18, 2008, 13:01 Jerykk

Voices are nice but I'm I can see why they'd want to leave it out. I'm used to playing RPGs with minimal VO so I'm not too bothered.

1. Looks Good Sep 18, 2008, 13:01 Paranoid Jack

But still I'm disappointed they had no voices assigned to the player character. I loved that about the Witcher. Didn't bother me in the least that I couldn't pick from half a dozen... not at all. So I'm hoping they have voices (one female, one male minimum) which can be disabled if the player so chooses. It goes a long way, immersion is key.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >