Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Mirror's Edge Delay?

Big Download has a post speculating that Mirror's Edge might be delayed, based on the occasionally accurate release dates reported by online retailers. Our post about this last night (story) was a little dismissive, accepting the explanation that the game is due this winter. In fairness, though, DICE's acrobatic action game was announced for release in "calendar 2008" (story), so if the game is released in early January as suggested (but not confirmed), that would indeed represent a delay, albeit an almost inexplicably short one.
View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: PC Only Sep 18, 2008, 13:01 Mostly_Harmless

I don't know about anyone else but every upcoming game that I was interested in that has anything to do with EA has slid right off my radar now, I would have pre-ordered this without hesitation but however good the game might be I want nothing to do with it now until I hear what kind of DRM they will implement. It would be a shame to miss out on it as I really like the look of this one and developers who try to do something a little different really deserve support but I have drawn a line, restrictive DRM = No sale to me.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 04:29.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: PC Only Sep 17, 2008, 22:48 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm gonna want to try demos of each to see which control scheme I like better, and really to see for myself whether the game is any good or not.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: PC Only Sep 17, 2008, 22:35 Tumbler

so would trade it in.

....why don't you just rent it and save yourself some money!?

If you're going to trade it in you're paying the rent the game anyway...if you're going to resell it just put it on ebay or craigslist and get a real price for it at least...

the whole "trade in" option is bizarre to me, It's easy to see what these games are worth used, yet people will gladly take $20 less for the convenience to let a local store do the leg work...

How hard is it to list something on ebay? Maybe I'm just poor or something, but essentially giving $20 over to those "things" that work in gamestop and ebgames is sickening to me. I hate those stores, I hate them sooooo much. I feel like I'm walking into chucky cheese these days when I go in. I want to take a flame thrower to those forsaken places.

5. Re: PC Only Sep 17, 2008, 19:27 The Half Elf

My issue is more about 'What will i do with the game once I'm done with it?', and how will the game play on a PC compared to a console controller wise and what type of game it is.

Mirror's Edge would be a clear choice to play it on a console due to controls, and I personally probably wouldn't replay it more then twice, so would trade it in.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 13:41.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

4. Re: PC Only Sep 17, 2008, 19:23 |RaptoR|

I think that makes sense.

Personally, I'm getting it on Xbox anyway. As much as I love my PC, playing games on the couch on my big TV is just more appealing nowadays than sitting in my office playing on the PC.

Preference of course.

Playing: Overwatch, FFXIV, Ion Fury
Xbox Live: Heinekev
PSN: Heinekev

3. Re: PC Only Sep 17, 2008, 19:10 The Half Elf

I have to wonder... are the PC version of games like say, GTA4, Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect, etc., held back so that companies can get more profit out of the console versions due to generally higher price of console games, and/or piracy?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

2. Re: PC Only Sep 17, 2008, 17:44 mOOzilla

Keep the pressure on them. I will not buy "limited" games like this.

If you are going to have a requirement for online authentication then make a proper service not this.

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko

1. PC Only Sep 17, 2008, 17:17 |RaptoR|

Article mentions the PC version only, saying that the console versions appear to still be on track.

Playing: Overwatch, FFXIV, Ion Fury
Xbox Live: Heinekev
PSN: Heinekev

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >