Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Rage Not Cut Because of 360 Limits Sep 18, 2008, 13:01 The Half Elf

Or id could just use the fucking hard drive?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Rage Not Cut Because of 360 Limits Sep 17, 2008, 20:09 necrosis

All I can say is that if the PC version is neutered because of Xbox360 limitations id software (one of the few gaming companies out there I still stand by) gets moved to my 'shit list'.

Overall things like this don't surprise me. The track record for PC games build around consoles is not good, and at this rate I don't see this ever changing.

4. Peter Moore Sep 17, 2008, 18:31 the_culture

First the Dreamcast, then the XBox. Both consoles cut down early while Moore was in charge.

This may actually be a good sign. Maybe he'll bring down EA!

3. Re: Rage Not Cut Because of 360 Limits Sep 17, 2008, 18:08 Jerykk

"we originally wanted to have around 5 or 6 smaller wasteland environments but later decided instead to have 2 larger wastelands. Mostly because we were going to be shipping on two DVDs for the 360"

Ah, the joys of designing a game for an inferior platform.

2. Nintendo Press Conference Sep 17, 2008, 16:30 CrimsonPaw

They need to do something because their "Big Showing" at E3 was a fucking joke. If these guys want anything more than a 1.2 attach rate they need to start kicking out the software. Then again, I haven't touched that console for at LEAST 6 months.  

~~Crim~~

1. Rage Not Cut Because of 360 Limits Sep 17, 2008, 15:49 Repeat Offender

"id has previously stated that the Xbox 360 version of Rage will look worse than its PC and PS3 counterparts due to the limitations of the DVD medium. The studio had hoped to circumvent this by spreading the 360 release across three DVDs, though Microsoft's royalty rates apparently make anything beyond two discs financially impracticable."

and

"we originally wanted to have around 5 or 6 smaller wasteland environments but later decided instead to have 2 larger wastelands. Mostly because we were going to be shipping on two DVDs for the 360"

Yeah, sure sounds like the 360 limitations had nothing to do with cutting back.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >