Demigod Q&A

The Demigod Q&A on Gaming Nexus discusses Demigod with Mike Marr, lead designer on the upcoming action/RPG/RTS hybrid. They discuss the game's use of the Supreme Commander engine, the game's "hook," specifics about the game's eight demigods, resource management, other types of units, piracy, and more. His answer regarding piracy shouldn't be a surprise considering Stardock is publishing the game: "Bottom-line? For this title Stardock and GPG believe that the solution to the problem is worse than the problem itself."
View : : :
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: No subject
Sep 17, 2008, 21:40
Darks

Re: No subject Sep 17, 2008, 21:40
Sep 17, 2008, 21:40
 Darks

This is why I whole heartedly support their games and will support DemiGod. I’m on the beta and love this game. It’s a blast to play with friends against the AI. They trust in the customers to buy their games and we support them by doing so.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Re: No subject
Sep 17, 2008, 16:00
Re: No subject Sep 17, 2008, 16:00
Sep 17, 2008, 16:00

It means that they feel DRM is worse than piracy. Therefor, there will be no DRM on the game, and Impulse (while similar to Steam) will not need to be running in any way, shape, or form in order to run Demigod, or any other product acquired through it, for that matter.

Truth be told, I have little interest in this game. However, I'll be buying it on launch or just before simply to support their stance on DRM. Hell, it won't break my gaming budget since I keep passing on other games with DRM.

No subject
Sep 17, 2008, 11:24
No subject Sep 17, 2008, 11:24
Sep 17, 2008, 11:24

Bottom-line? For this title Stardock and GPG believe that the solution to the problem is worse than the problem itself.

...I have no idea what this means....

I have a nifty blue line!
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older