Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Op Ed

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Re Sep 17, 2008, 22:11 PHJF

... because I overanalyze every situation instead of just taking it for what it is: a social, non-destructive form of entertainment.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re Sep 17, 2008, 18:44 Fion

'Parents and Rock Band 2: Why I'm not getting the game'

... because I'd rather my kid explores her talents that run in the family and pick up an actual instrument (or three,) and in doing so find far more joy and social development then hanging out with two of her friends in the house all day pretending to be rock stars.

3. Re: shocking! Sep 17, 2008, 15:19 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm not sure that I really buy into her argument, but I kinda want to play Dishwasher Hero now...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

2. shocking! Sep 17, 2008, 14:04 space captain

the wife wears the pants in that family

its all just one big crack of the whip

1. No subject Sep 17, 2008, 10:51 InBlack

We won't be getting Rock Band 2. Sure, I believe what I believe. But part of good parenting is compromise. My wife feels strongly about this issue, and our policy is generally to respect the wishes of the more cautious parent at any given time. Since we both come from different backgrounds, I think this helps us cover a lot of bases.

I think our daughter's life will be just as fulfilled without Rock Band 2 in it, so it is no loss there. Plus I'll still get to play it at Anand's house, so I'm not missing out on anything either.

Certainly we aren't trained in child psychology or anything. But as parents we still need to consider all this stuff. As more and more technology enters the home, the impact this has on young children will only become more relevant. We don't have all the answers, but we do try and carefully consider these issues.

But what do you guys think?

Pretty smart wife

I have a nifty blue line!

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >