Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Ken Levine Threatened Over BioShock DRM

Computer and Video Games quotes BioShock designer Ken Levine saying he received some "nasty f-ing threats" over the copy protection for BioShock, which had a limited number of allowable installations and the constant desire to phone home for authentication. He doesn't seem embittered by the experience, rather talking about the need for someone in his position to take responsibility for such decisions.
View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2008, 20:43 Kxmode

DEREKSMART

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/
DRM needs to die... now

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. No subject Sep 11, 2008, 08:39 space captain

Remember what the doorknob said  

13. No subject Sep 11, 2008, 06:36 dryden555

dont feed the troll

12. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2008, 06:06 Optimaximal

Hey it could happen. Look at how fan ire caused Ubisoft to drop that horrible Starforce crap a couple of years ago.
Wasn't that down to several class-action suits? There's an idea!

11. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2008, 05:58 space captain

hey space captain!

there's a yard sale down the street from you selling a sense of humor. you should check it out

i dont buy my sense of humor from yard sales, i'll leave that to the incapables like yourself.. the ones that purchase mediocrity and then hold it up like a trophy they won

10. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2008, 01:18 Nuclear Watchdog

You're not punishing them by buying their game, you are rewarding them. That's 20 bucks, not zero.
I consider that punishing them a little. If everyone did that, the game would likely fail.

9. No subject Sep 11, 2008, 01:14 tuddies

You're not punishing them by buying their game, you are rewarding them. That's 20 bucks, not zero.

8. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2008, 23:47 Nuclear Watchdog

Hopefully they'll, uh, not include it next time then? Just a thought...

Hey it could happen. Look at how fan ire caused Ubisoft to drop that horrible Starforce crap a couple of years ago.
It could happen. It's not like we're dealing with EA here or anything. I'm holding out some hope. If not, I'll just do what I did this time and not get the game until it's $19.99. No big loss. They punish me, I punish them, simple.

7. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2008, 23:42 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2008, 23:37 Nuclear Watchdog

Hey everyone! Nuclear Watchdog is sucking my test-i-cles... You've seen how he loves using his mouth on everyone here.
HAHAHA! YES!

That you Creston? Come on, admit it. Thank you for that post, and the confirmation that all I've done on here hasn't been in vain, as YOU are the ultimate representation of my success here. Just as I was getting bored, and was about to leave this board for good, along you came, breathing new life into my efforts. For this I truly thank you.

Let me explain to you the anatomy of "The Troll", because clearly you don't understand it at all. I'll speak slowly so you can understand it.

When a troll goes on a board, and gets acknowledgment, that is the pinnacle of The Troll's success. When another poster is so annoyed by The Troll that they MAKE A SCREEN NAME in his honor, that's the ultimate symbol of victory! You, sir, are the reason troll's exist! If nobody responded to The Troll AT ALL, that Troll would be considered a dismal failure. Thanks to you, and people just like you, I'm a staggering success. So please, whatever you do, keep the posts coming. I'm sure the people on this board that won't acknowledge me at all will savor in watching you feed The Troll OVER AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER. The entire time you're doing that, do you think it upsets The Troll? Am I surprised you don't understand these concepts at all? No.

In the end you've become the very thing you hate, and you don't even realize it. It's truly sad for the rest of us on this board to watch you succumb to a TROLL in such devastating fashion. This is truly a sad day, for you.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 23:52.

5. No subject Sep 10, 2008, 23:26 Nuclear Watchdog

4. No subject Sep 10, 2008, 23:17 Nameless Again

Hey everyone! Nuclear Watchdog is sucking my test-i-cles... You've seen how he loves using his mouth on everyone here.

3. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2008, 23:01 Ataneruo

hey space captain!

there's a yard sale down the street from you selling a sense of humor. you should check it out

~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. No subject Sep 10, 2008, 21:48 space captain

hey dumbfuck!

YOURE NOT FUNNY!

1. No subject Sep 10, 2008, 21:46 Sepharo

Hey Blue's posters!

CALM DOWN!

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >