Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Afternoon Consolidation

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2008, 02:35 kyleb

The pausing with chapters is brief because they aren't loading much, those pauses wouldn't be much longer loading off a x12 DVD drive. And again, simply switching disks when changing chapters rather than having to sit though an install would be a plus.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2008, 00:11 Krovven

Those 3 minute installs between chapters are hardly quick, they are some of the longest loading sessions I've ever seen in a game.

And the load times throughout the game are non-existent. It flows in and out of game & cut-scene with brief pauses. That's not worth an install vs long load times?

----------------------------------------------------
Civilization Revolution, Grand Theft Auto IV, GRID

PSN ID= Puscifer73
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

11. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2008, 18:32 kyleb

MGS4 look better on the 360?
I can't point to anything MGS4 does which could even be reasonably argued to be beyond the capabilities of the 360, can you?

"The bonus" of swapping disks and waiting for longer load times is better than waiting 3min for a quick install?
Those 3 minute installs between chapters are hardly quick, they are some of the longest loading sessions I've ever seen in a game. So, yes, being able to switch between chapters as quickly as you can switch between games on the 360 would be plus compared to what we currently have on the PS3.

10. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2008, 15:49 Krovven

It's only obvious plus is the high density optical media format, which MGS4 doesn't even rightly make good use of. I have little doubt MGS4 could be ported to the 360 and look just as good if not better on it, and with the bonus of only having to swap DVDs to switch chapters rather than having to sit though minutes of installs every time.

Then what was your intent in chearing on PR fluff? I just felt like sharing some facts to dispel the hot air, as a happy owner of all three consoles who is familiar with the techology in them.

So Space just giving his opinion on MGS4 being graphically stunning, and pointing out that it's due largely in part to the PS3 capabilities...that's cheering on PR?

But your fanboy comments quoted above..."dispels hot air"? MGS4 doesn't make good use of the Blu-Ray disk? MGS4 look better on the 360? "The bonus" of swapping disks and waiting for longer load times is better than waiting 3min for a quick install? How the fuck is that a bonus? Games that are optional installs on the PS3 I still install. Now you want to try and claim DVD swapping is a BONUS?

Fanboy or not, you're an idiot. Space Captain should have put you in your place when you first posted that crap.

----------------------------------------------------
Civilization Revolution, Grand Theft Auto IV, GRID

PSN ID= Puscifer73
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

9. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2008, 04:36 kyleb

Then what was your intent in chearing on PR fluff? I just felt like sharing some facts to dispel the hot air, as a happy owner of all three consoles who is familiar with the techology in them.

8. No subject Aug 4, 2008, 21:00 space captain

i have no intention of getting into any sort of console fanboy debate

case closed

Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: Conquest Mode Aug 4, 2008, 19:25 Mega Fantasy Sci-Fi PostApocalyptic MMORTRPFPS 9000

This better include a patch that fixes mics & sound cutting out. Absolutely sloppy for a console release. I expected better QA for console games, but I guess that's what I get for expecting.

6. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2008, 16:55 kyleb

im afraid ps3 has the gfx dept nailed, some devs are starting to tap all the cores and it really shows... been said plenty of times before, but watching mgs4 in action is *crazy* when it seamlessly switch from cutscene to game
That is Kojima and crew having th gfx dept nailed, they are great artists. They made some of the best looking games of their time last generation on the PS2 as well, when that was arguably the least powerful console of the era.

As for the PS3 it only has one core, while the SPUs are simply co-processors. It also has a less powerful and less feature rich GPU than the 360, lacks unified memory, and spends more of it's memory on the OS. It's only obvious plus is the high density optical media format, which MGS4 doesn't even rightly make good use of. I have little doubt MGS4 could be ported to the 360 and look just as good if not better on it, and with the bonus of only having to swap DVDs to switch chapters rather than having to sit though minutes of installs every time.

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 16:56.

5. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2008, 16:35 Tumbler

Since I dont really want to play MGS4 at all there's no reason to switch to the ps3 just yet.

Do you think you'd really "switch"? I'm guessing I'll buy a PS3 at some point in the future because the exclusive games I see coming for them look just good enough but I don't see it replacing the 360 as my primary game system.

When you finally hit that point where you buy a PS3 are you thinking you'll quit the 360 cold turkey?

I guess owning both is a luxury and it would be easier to just move from one to the other instead of owning both.

4. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2008, 15:56 Flo

Since I dont really want to play MGS4 at all there's no reason to switch to the ps3 just yet. 360 has more games with equal or slightly superior performance. This all may change in the future and if sony's price is right I'll be there. Always do the math on this and don't be the companies' whore, that's my credo.
Edit: and we all know how important it is to have the bleeding edge hardware, now don't we? (PS2 wiped the floor with xbox 1,wii wipes the floor with all of them)

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 15:59.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

3. No subject Aug 4, 2008, 14:19 space captain

im afraid ps3 has the gfx dept nailed, some devs are starting to tap all the cores and it really shows... been said plenty of times before, but watching mgs4 in action is *crazy* when it seamlessly switch from cutscene to game  
Go forth, and kill!

2. Re: Conquest Mode Aug 4, 2008, 14:08 Flo

Just bought Bad Company cheap for the 360. Looking forward to playing it.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

1. Conquest Mode Aug 4, 2008, 13:33 Tumbler

Good news on the BF BC free download. I haven't played it much lately because the Gold Rush mode gets old fast. Hopefully conquest will bring some variety back to the games.

And PS3 graphics did look very good on the Killzone 2 footage. Better than what we've seen this gen so far in my opinion. Resistance also looked very cool. It will be interesting to see what the finished products look like.

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 13:36.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo