Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gunrox Beta

As announced here, the Gunrox Website now offers open beta testing of Gunrox, a squad-oriented, turn-based tactical combat game from developer Enkord:

May 27, 2008 -- When was the last time you played a turn-based squad-oriented tactical combat game? Okay, but when was the last time you played a GOOD turn-based squad-oriented tactical combat game? We'd like to point you to the beta of an up-and-coming title from developer Enkord called Gunrox.

In it, you create a squad of soldiers and battle players around the world in head-to-head or cooperative skirmishes. Highlights include simple character customization, the acquisition of powerful weapons and useful skills, and a highly accessible battle system. Give it a play while it's free and have a hand in shaping the final product.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: No subject May 27, 2008, 21:52 Kxmode

tried it, it is a piece of shit clone of 100 better games that came before it, the end

Gunsux?

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. No subject May 27, 2008, 17:48 loomy

tried it, it is a piece of shit clone of 100 better games that came before it, the end

6. re May 27, 2008, 15:10 Zawath

I liked this. It's simple and fun. There are lots of different weapons and you get to keep them if you win the round which is very nice. I just got a nice AKSU-74 with a grenade launcher attachment.

5. No subject May 27, 2008, 14:03 manic half

well after a few games, i just couldnt get into it.

its very x-com/jagged alliance but its also very very kiddie/anime. the 'simple character cuomstization' is actually a weakness, as everybody looks the same.

there is no real violence in the game, you have guns but when you attack you just hear a noise accompanied by a nice big chunk of text saying things like 'CRITICAL' over the enemy.

the only thing i really liked was the lobby when you logged in, it was very simple and straighforward and easy to setup or join a game)

somebody just take jagged alliance 2, make a good online lobby like this game has, and im sold.

4. Re: Weird Looking May 27, 2008, 13:21 Aero

Looks like X-Com. Might be fun.

3. Re: Weird Looking May 27, 2008, 12:22 manic half

it 'looks' fun, but i guess ill give it a shot and see.

2. No subject May 27, 2008, 12:06 loomy

surprisingly appealing plea from whoever wrote that news bite

the last time I played a game like that was... KOTOR

1. Weird Looking May 27, 2008, 12:03 TychoCelchuuu

The graphics are really turning me off but I might give it a try. Turn based tactical combad games aren't exactly a dime a dozen.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo