1. Find a server that suits your game play. I found 4-5 hardcore mix servers I play so each game type is played, yet Domination is the most prevalent.
2. There are maps that use elevation, although not always obvious
3. Yes, there are small maps, but not all servers run those maps, see rule #1
4. Airstrike and Helo? I don't see anything wrong with it, you can hear the airstrike coming and take cover, unless you are in the wide open. Helo? an easily be shot down before it kills anyone as long as your team works together.
5. I see very few sub lvl 55 players on the servers I play, and now finding some servers with custom maps. They will continue to get bigger with time, remember, they had to cater to the console kiddies. With everyone as 55, there is no need for 'ranked' servers.
6. Yes, cheating is there, but again, refer to rule #1, I don't have a problem with it on the servers I play.
Glad you got it Zeph, hope you come around eventually and really like it. Took me a while, but I had played previous CoD games and knew there was a curve to the game play. Having put thousands of hours in DoD and DoD S, it is a lot different.
I can't even play DoD S anymore, feels like a kiddie game.
Alls I have in this world is my balls, and my word - and I don't break 'em for no one.