12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Hey Microsoft
Feb 22, 2008, 11:27
Re: Hey Microsoft Feb 22, 2008, 11:27
Feb 22, 2008, 11:27

I think I read somewhere that Riddick was pushed back to this year. Definitely will be picking that one up though...

Feb 20, 2008, 23:21
nin
Re: Hey Microsoft Feb 20, 2008, 23:21
Feb 20, 2008, 23:21
nin

Crimson Skies is great. I think it's worth it for $15. It's like the PC one, but the planes are a bit less customizable, and a completely different story. It has problems (hard to track bad guys sometimes), but very fun. If you liked the one on the PC, I don't think you can go wrong. Maybe my favorite Xbox (original) game...after Riddick.

I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks! Speaking of Riddick, someone was doing a 360 port of that game, and it was supposed to be here around xmas. Wonder WTF happened to it...

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zXIyyaJss&NR=1

Feb 20, 2008, 17:37
Re: Hey Microsoft Feb 20, 2008, 17:37
Feb 20, 2008, 17:37

Crimson Skies is great. I think it's worth it for $15. It's like the PC one, but the planes are a bit less customizable, and a completely different story. It has problems (hard to track bad guys sometimes), but very fun. If you liked the one on the PC, I don't think you can go wrong. Maybe my favorite Xbox (original) game...after Riddick.

I just learned to live with the sticks on Sylpheed. It had so many pretty colors and flashing things I was usually curled up on the floor twitching, but I did find that I enjoyed it. I don't know why. It might have been that there was so much going on on-screen...

Feb 20, 2008, 17:26
nin
Re: Hey Microsoft Feb 20, 2008, 17:26
Feb 20, 2008, 17:26
nin

Crimson Skies and Psychonauts (both Original downloads actually...and I love 'em).

Is CS worth $15? I really like the original I had on the computer, and didn'tknow if the console version was any good...

Not that I have the time, mind you...

Project Sylpheed (I liked it)

Did you ever find a way, in the retail version (I only played the demo) to remap how the sticks work? I hated the fact that if I did a hard left or right on the left stick, the ship would spin, instead of turn in that direction...

That was the only thing keeping me from buy that game, the controls...

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zXIyyaJss&NR=1

Feb 20, 2008, 17:19
Re: Hey Microsoft Feb 20, 2008, 17:19
Feb 20, 2008, 17:19

Or, if you don't want to blow a couple grand on a gaming rig for Crysis, you get a 360. :p

All kidding aside, it only matters if you like the games that are being offered specifically for that console. I would rather poke my eyes out than play another Final Fantasy game, or listen to any of the prolonged diatribes in Metal Gear.

I can think of maybe two games I might want for a PS3: Warhawk and Ratchet & Clank. But I can easily come up with functional equivalents fro each of those ...heh...Crimson Skies and Psychonauts (both Original downloads actually...and I love 'em). So, no real purpose for me to have a PS3.

A nice Blu-Ray player is certainly something to look at now. But spitting out a Blu-Ray add-on for Xbox 360 is probably a month or two away. I can wait. Not like I don't have access to HD movies without a Blu-ray or an HD-DVD player.

And MS has something Sony is still a good 5 years from: Live. Live alone keeps me entertained, and squarely in the Microsoft camp. Hell, the mileage I am getting out of COD 4 alone, is ridiculous. So, maybe high-def discs don't sell consoles, but Live does. It's not Home, it's not complicated. It's plugging in a game, getting an invite, and within 30 seconds of turning the console on being in a 32-person COD 4 free-for-all. Simple. Fun.

No. I haven't played Home. It might be fantastic. That's great. But considering that MS basically used all of its first Xbox-time as a breeder for Live and Sony's track-record with all things online, I'm not exactly holding out a lot of hope for it.

Also, there's a slew of other Xbox 360 games out there besides Mass Effect, Gears of War, and BioShock that, I suppose taken in their entirety, make it well worth it. Already mentioned here is Forza 2 (which kicks ass), PGR, Saints Row (surprise surprise), Viva Pinata (I need help, I know), Crackdown, Dead Rising, Battlestations: Midway (another game only appreciated on Live I think), Project Sylpheed (I liked it), Chromehounds (I don't care, I got miles and miles out of this on Live), etc., etc.

And those are past releases. Not future ones. Eight of the twelve F7 listed are future releases. Some look cool, like Resistance: Fall of Man 2. For all I know it may be the next Lair. It might be great though, I don't have that level of comfort with PS3-only titles. Sure, Halo 3 wasn't the greatest game ever, but it was good, and I knew it would be good. And I don't want to buy another set of controllers with rumble to replace the ones without. And I don't have ANY purpose for a Bluetooth remote (WTF?).

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 17:23.

Feb 20, 2008, 09:09
F7
Re: Hey Microsoft Feb 20, 2008, 09:09
Feb 20, 2008, 09:09
F7

Mass Effect, Gears of War, and Bioshock are all on the PC. These are the three biggest titles I would even consider a 360 for, but since I already have a gaming PC, I'll just play them on my PC. And just like Halo 1 & 2, you can bet Halo 3 will come to the PC.

PS3 has games neither the 360 or PC will get. Littlebigplanet, Metal Gear 4, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, SOCOM, The Agency, DC Universe, God of War 3, Killzone 2, Ratchet & Clank 5, Resistance: Fall of Man 1 & 2.

Microsoft is right, games also sell consoles. However when those same games are being released on the PC, for me it makes that console obsolete.

I'm ecstatic with my PS3. Updatable Blu-Ray player, part-time Linux box (love using Ubuntu on a 50" plasma), and exclusives no other console or PC will see.

Feb 20, 2008, 08:26
Flo

Re: Hey Microsoft Feb 20, 2008, 08:26
Feb 20, 2008, 08:26
 Flo

I definitely agree with half elf on Mass Effect.
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

Feb 20, 2008, 08:10
Re: Hey Microsoft Feb 20, 2008, 08:10
Feb 20, 2008, 08:10

Mass Effect has no replay value?!? As a ADD gamer, when I finished Mass Effect the first time and immediately started a second run, it says something about the replay value.

If your a car lower, Forza 2 and the PGR series would be enough for you to buy the system.

Hell my sister is about to buy one just for Xbox Live Arcade.

And what about all the exclusive content for GTA4? I know people that bought PSP's just for the GTA titles.

And then you have the Madden issue. There are crazy people in this world that eat, sleep and shit Madden football, and would easily buy a 360 for the best experience possible in Madden.

But when prices start dropping for Blu-Ray player to the point where they are the same price or cheaper then a PS3, is when SOFTWARE will be mandatory for the PS3.

Feb 20, 2008, 05:33
Re: Hey Microsoft Feb 20, 2008, 05:33
Feb 20, 2008, 05:33

Dude, it's just Halo 3 and Gears of War. That's really all the PS3 doesn't have that anyone cares about, and they're both shooters so it's not like those two games make a wide spectrum.

Mass Effect and Bioshock are good games but I'd never recommend a 360 for those two games. They have so little replay value and their gameplay sucks.

Anyway, it seems pretty clear that neither MS nor Sony will be sending a knockout blow to the other in the next 4 years, nothing like how HD-DVD just got killed off.

Maybe next generation will determine the outcome but it sure ain't gonna be this one.
Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

Feb 20, 2008, 04:28
Re: Hey Microsoft Feb 20, 2008, 04:28
Feb 20, 2008, 04:28

They make money off the Blu-rays they sell so it is all good.

Feb 20, 2008, 01:01
Re: Hey Microsoft Feb 20, 2008, 01:01
Feb 20, 2008, 01:01

But software sells the hardware. And Sony is seriously lacking in the software catalog dept.

Hey Microsoft
Feb 20, 2008, 00:38
Hey Microsoft Feb 20, 2008, 00:38
Feb 20, 2008, 00:38

As long as the PS3 offers the best price/feature combination among Blu Ray players, high-def discs will sell consoles.

And speaking of games, nice job of selling Bungie and watching as EA bought Bioware. EA isn't going to keep Bioware essentially exclusive to the Xbox (has Bioware released any PS games?), and there's nothing in particular keeping Bungie from putting Halo on other systems. Let's not forget Bizarre Creations was bought by Activision, so PGR is pretty much gone too (sure, MS owns the rights to PGR, but Bizarre won't be doing anymore sequels).

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older