PC Mass Effect in May

This press release announces plans for a PC edition of Mass Effect, saying a "re-designed for the PC" edition of BioWare's science-fiction RPG will be released in May:
Chertsey, UK – February 12, 2008 – Leading video game developer BioWare™, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) company, has announced that the award-winning space epic Mass Effect™ will be released for the PC in May 2008. Published by EA and re-designed for the PC, Mass Effect invites players to take the role of Commander Shepard as they set out on an adventure to save the galaxy from imminent destruction. Wrought with treachery, heroism, difficult decisions and a universe filled with unique and colorful species, Mass Effect delivers a truly compelling storyline.

Optimized for the PC, Mass Effect for the PC incorporates the following features:

• Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.

• High resolution visuals – Mass Effect for the PC features highly detailed textures, characters and environments.

• Fully customizable controls – PC gamers can re-map the control scheme any way they like.

• Run & Gun Control – Players can assign biotic powers or skills to ‘hot keys’ allowing them to play Mass Effect with a heavier focus on action.

• New decryption mini-game.

• New inventory screen GUI and functionality – The enhanced inventory system makes it easier for players to equip and modify their weapons and armor.

“Mass Effect serves as a powerful example of video games as an art form, delivering new levels of emotional intensity, realistic characters and a gripping storyline – all set in a compelling new universe,” said Ray Muzyka, General Manager, BioWare and Vice President, Electronic Arts. Frank Gibeau, President of EA’s Games Label added, “EA has struck an agreement with Microsoft to handle future publishing for Mass Effect. We are looking forward to releasing Mass Effect on the PC this Spring and brand new titles in the future.”

Originally released for the Xbox 360™ videogame and entertainment system, Mass Effect has received critical acclaim throughout the world with more than 70 awards including Game of the Year, Console Game of the Year and Role-Playing Game of the Year. Mass Effect combines a deep story with intense combat and challenges the player to make difficult decisions that can significantly impact the course of events. An innovative conversation system allows for lifelike interaction with some of the most realistic digital actors, voiced by Hollywood actors such as Seth Green, Marina Sirtis, Lance Henriksen and Keith David. Mass Effect for the PC has not yet been rated by the Entertainment Software Rating Board.
View : : :
107 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  ] Older

ankara nakliye şirketi
May 17, 2008, 15:35
ankara nakliye şirketi May 17, 2008, 15:35
May 17, 2008, 15:35

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 3, 20:45.

Re: No subject
Feb 14, 2008, 11:23
Re: No subject Feb 14, 2008, 11:23
Feb 14, 2008, 11:23

Think that's the only way you'll be playing it...

Weird - for some reason I thought it was on 360/PS3 as well.

we walk the streets at night
we go where eagles dare........

Feb 13, 2008, 20:30
Re: No subject Feb 13, 2008, 20:30
Feb 13, 2008, 20:30

I only wish the English translations were more accurate. Hopefully they'll put more effort into them for the sequel.

Feb 13, 2008, 19:25
Re: No subject Feb 13, 2008, 19:25
Feb 13, 2008, 19:25

That was exactly my thoughts......did you get Witcher on PC? I am considering.....

Great game, stop considering and get it.

I had to restart it because Gramps got stuck on geometry in the swamp and I couldn't progress the main storyline because of it. But I'm glad I've restarted as I'm getting more out of the storylines and individual characters now.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in The Witcher, Burnout Paradise, Company of Heroes, Crysis

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

Re: The benefits of piracy once again.
Feb 13, 2008, 18:34
Re: The benefits of piracy once again. Feb 13, 2008, 18:34
Feb 13, 2008, 18:34

awesome I can sell my console version with its shitty control scheme and play a real Mass Effect now

Good idea, but would gamestop even give anything more then 20 dollars? Cheap fucks.

Pissed I bought this instead of persona 3 which was my first instinct. Thought for sure it would take forever to come out like jade empire did.

Feb 13, 2008, 16:57
nin
Re: No subject Feb 13, 2008, 16:57
Feb 13, 2008, 16:57
nin

did you get Witcher on PC? I am considering.....

Think that's the only way you'll be playing it...

At least for now...

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zXIyyaJss&NR=1

Feb 13, 2008, 16:48
Re: No subject Feb 13, 2008, 16:48
Feb 13, 2008, 16:48

I'll consider this on the PC...but not until I've finished The Witcher (Just started Chapter 3 atm), and a few other games.

The timing for this release is just dumb (imo) being within a month of GTAIV.

That was exactly my thoughts......did you get Witcher on PC? I am considering.....

Feb 13, 2008, 16:34
Re: No subject Feb 13, 2008, 16:34
Feb 13, 2008, 16:34

I'll consider this on the PC...but not until I've finished The Witcher (Just started Chapter 3 atm), and a few other games.

The timing for this release is just dumb (imo) being within a month of GTAIV.

As for the whole piracy thing...many people do, and for different reasons, but they aren't retarded enough to go on a non-pirate forum admitting it then following that up with lame-ass excuses to justify it.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in The Witcher, Burnout Paradise, Company of Heroes, Crysis

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

Feb 13, 2008, 16:10
Re: No subject Feb 13, 2008, 16:10
Feb 13, 2008, 16:10

Has anyone not picked this up, and is going to on the 360 still? Or wait now for the PC?
I haven't played it yet, because I don't have any consoles. I may get it for the PC, after I gauge the community's response and read some reviews. But I have enough games to keep my very limited gaming time filled up as it is.

No subject
Feb 13, 2008, 15:36
No subject Feb 13, 2008, 15:36
Feb 13, 2008, 15:36

Ok, well, getting back on track then.

Has anyone not picked this up, and is going to on the 360 still? Or wait now for the PC?

I just don't see how I can fit any more games in.....ugh.

No subject
Feb 13, 2008, 15:14
No subject Feb 13, 2008, 15:14
Feb 13, 2008, 15:14

Nah. Going OT and hijacking threads is uncool behavior no matter one stripes it.

Feb 13, 2008, 14:53
Re: No subject Feb 13, 2008, 14:53
Feb 13, 2008, 14:53

C'mon this is way off topic guys

Well, yeah, anything over 50 posts usually is.

Feb 13, 2008, 14:41
Re: The benefits of piracy once again. Feb 13, 2008, 14:41
Feb 13, 2008, 14:41

I'm sure you are going to say a demo doesn't reflect the full game, but I think it does. It's true that the full game might get repetitive and boring past what the demo reveals, but that's why combining reviews (good ones from trustworthy sites) with demo play is the best way to make an accurate decision whether to buy the game.

Actually, the best way to make an accurate decision whether to buy the game is to play through the game first.

Feb 13, 2008, 13:36
Re: The benefits of piracy once again. Feb 13, 2008, 13:36
Feb 13, 2008, 13:36

As for only buying games from trusted developers, that's a double-edged sword. I've been burned by developers I used to trust. Deus Ex 2 and Gothic 3 come to mind as the most traumatic examples. To assume that a developer will always have a flawless record seems folly to me and now that more and more developers are jumping the console bandwagon, I find my trust a little waining. In addition, by only buying games from developers you trust, you potentially miss out on a lot of great games by more obscure devs. I'd have never played Gothic or Tribes had they not been pirated. However, I did play them and now they are two of my favorite games ever (which I did buy).
I've been burned once or twice, but never badly enough to change my habits. For example, Deus Ex was so good that I more than got $50 out of it (I even bought it again on Steam - although at a much cheaper price), so when I paid $30 for Deus Ex (I waited for reviews) I didn't think I wasted my money. I enjoyed it, even though it wasn't the masterpiece the first one was.

Perhaps I should have clarified my buying habits a little better. There are very few developers I trust enough to buy a game without playing it first. Even among that group, I generally read reviews before buying. Valve is probably the only developer I don't need to read reviews for.

As far as missing out on games, that's what demos are for. Sometimes there is no demo available, and that's a shame. But I don't have a lot of time for games anymore, so missing a few potentially great titles doesn't bother me much. I'm sure you are going to say a demo doesn't reflect the full game, but I think it does. It's true that the full game might get repetitive and boring past what the demo reveals, but that's why combining reviews (good ones from trustworthy sites) with demo play is the best way to make an accurate decision whether to buy the game.

Feb 13, 2008, 12:07
Re: The benefits of piracy once again. Feb 13, 2008, 12:07
Feb 13, 2008, 12:07

So regardless of the work someone put into a game, it has to pass your own personal muster before it is worthy of being paid for?

Unfortunately, results mean more than effort. Even a shoddy movie tie-in requires a ton of work by the developers. Making a game for multiple platforms with a one-year dev cycle is hell and requires that everyone work excessive hours. Does that mean I should buy every movie tie-in? No, because in spite of the tremendous amount of work that goes into them, they almost always end up being crap. Results are what matter.

I could just have such arbitrarily high standards that NO game could live up to, then after 20 or so hours with it, say "Hmmm - just not worth my money."

Yes, you could. But then what would be the point? If I didn't want to support developers that make great games, I wouldn't. I wouldn't need some excuse to justify it. And if a game isn't worth buying, I certainly wouldn't play it for 20 hours.

Unless you also steal movies, you pay for those before you watch them, don't you?

I pirate most movies too and buy the ones I really like. There are some movies that are best seen in a theater and those I do pay for before seeing them. However, I'm paying more for the theater experience than the movie itself.

If it were a system like your own personal one, everyone would say, "Nah - didn't like it - not paying."

Unfortunately, this is true. People lack discipline. Ideally, people would be honest and would do what I do. This would result in games selling based on merit rather than hype. However, any system, no matter how logical, will be inevitably be corrupted when adopted by those who lack the conviction to uphold its tenets.

As for only buying games from trusted developers, that's a double-edged sword. I've been burned by developers I used to trust. Deus Ex 2 and Gothic 3 come to mind as the most traumatic examples. To assume that a developer will always have a flawless record seems folly to me and now that more and more developers are jumping the console bandwagon, I find my trust a little waining. In addition, by only buying games from developers you trust, you potentially miss out on a lot of great games by more obscure devs. I'd have never played Gothic or Tribes had they not been pirated. However, I did play them and now they are two of my favorite games ever (which I did buy).

No subject
Feb 13, 2008, 11:56
No subject Feb 13, 2008, 11:56
Feb 13, 2008, 11:56

C'mon this is way off topic guys

Feb 13, 2008, 11:27
Re: The benefits of piracy once again. Feb 13, 2008, 11:27
Feb 13, 2008, 11:27

I'm not willing to pay $7 to see it in the theater or buy the DVD for $12, but if I could get the DVD for say $2-$3 I'd probably do it.
I don't usually find DVDs that cheap, but I get DVDs used a lot of the time, and I've found one or two for $3 or $4 with shipping. Usually I end up paying $5 to $10 though.

There are only a few movies that I don't mind paying full price for. Unfortunately, there are enough collectors out there who pay full price for movies (usually multiple times, when new versions of the DVD come out), so studios can get away with charging a lot.

Feb 13, 2008, 10:33
Re: The benefits of piracy once again. Feb 13, 2008, 10:33
Feb 13, 2008, 10:33

Someone else brought up a good question. Do you do the same thing with movies? If you enjoy a movie, will you buy the DVD regardless of whether you want to own it?
Well, we are pretty far off topic here, but I wanted to comment on this. There are many, many movies I would be willing to watch if I could do so for a significantly reduced price. I'm not willing to pay $7 to see it in the theater or buy the DVD for $12, but if I could get the DVD for say $2-$3 I'd probably do it. For now I just do without (don't bother trying to pirate the movie) but I'm guessing there are plenty of people in the same boat. This device is trying to resolve it: www.vudu.com but I don't think it's quite there...
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

No subject
Feb 13, 2008, 10:01
No subject Feb 13, 2008, 10:01
Feb 13, 2008, 10:01

Like a HL2 thread up in here!

Feb 13, 2008, 09:29
Re: The benefits of piracy once again. Feb 13, 2008, 09:29
Feb 13, 2008, 09:29

I find it unbelievable that someone would buy a game they've never played.
I generally don't buy games I've never played if they're by a developer I'm unfamiliar with. But for most of the games I buy before playing, I'm getting games from developers I trust. Anything Valve makes will be high quality. I didn't need to play HL2 or any of the episodes to know I would like them, because I liked everything else they made. The same is true of Obsidian and a handful of other proven developers.

Of course I have bought a few games that didn't live up to what I expected, but they are few and far between.

Someone else brought up a good question. Do you do the same thing with movies? If you enjoy a movie, will you buy the DVD regardless of whether you want to own it?

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 09:29.
107 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  ] Older