On Savage 2 Linux Client Delays

The Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Forum explains the delay to the Linux client for Savage 2, the just-launched action/strategy sequel (thanks Ant and LinuxGames). Word is:
The person writing the OpenGL renderer for the client went AWOL, so we had to put it on hold while we prep for launch. As soon as all the chaos of launching the game has died down, somebody will be working on this.
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

re
Jan 20, 2008, 13:58
re Jan 20, 2008, 13:58
Jan 20, 2008, 13:58

It's a good game when you have 2 balanced teams.

Re: Savage...
Jan 20, 2008, 13:52
Re: Savage... Jan 20, 2008, 13:52
Jan 20, 2008, 13:52

The game is a piece of shit. You can demo the game for 5 hours with a new account to see for yourself.

way to go into detail dude. How about explaining why you feel it isn't a good game instead of a generalized "it sucks" statement which I can get from the 12 yr old retards at the Gamespot forums?

I've just started the tutorial so I can't say it sucks or it doesn't but so far it seems like it would be a pretty deep and interesting game. As good as CoD4 is, it can get monotonous after endless hours of just run-and-gun shit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

Re: Savage...
Jan 20, 2008, 13:18
Re: Savage... Jan 20, 2008, 13:18
Jan 20, 2008, 13:18

The game is a piece of shit. You can demo the game for 5 hours with a new account to see for yourself.

Savage...
Jan 20, 2008, 13:08
Savage... Jan 20, 2008, 13:08
Jan 20, 2008, 13:08

I bought the original Savage the day it came out and promptly began playing online. When the server was full and people were working together, the game was a blast. However, as we all know, those circumstances are rare in an online game where you are playing with "randomly generated people". Also, after a couple weeks had passed it seemed as if finding a server that was even half full with remotely balanced teams was a rarity.

That being said, how is Savage 2 holding up so far? Are my previous concerns warranted? Can you play it online in a respectable environment without having to go hardcore, join a clan, and make sure you are always fighting against other organized clans?

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older