Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Pirates of the Burning Sea Beta Event

The Pirates of the Burning Sea Website has word that the open beta testing of Flying Lab Software's seafaring MMORPG has been extended through January 1 to give players a chance to play through the holidays (thanks FiringSquad), and now the Pirates Of The Burning Sea Vault has posted a "letter" from Captain Kidd to Blackbeard that hints at an upcoming event to conclude the beta test with a bang.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: How are things now? Dec 29, 2007, 14:50 maldoror

"rum, sodomy and the lash"

A night at your moms house?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: How are things now? Dec 29, 2007, 14:15 ibm

"rum, sodomy and the lash"

Anyone who went to a private school talking about their school days?

8. Re: How are things now? Dec 29, 2007, 08:19 Burrito of Peace

"rum, sodomy, and the lash",

Winston Churchill, discussing Britain's "naval tradition".

7. Re: How are things now? Dec 29, 2007, 03:43 Cutter

If I can engage in "rum, sodomy, and the lash", I'll play! Gimme' some grog and a cabin boy and I'm pirate for sure, yaaaaaarrrrhhh!

10 points to whoever gets the reference in quotes.

"Grab a napkin, homie. You just got served."
- Wolowitz

"Rmabo. John J.? Well what do you know? Ol' Harry here's a soldier."

6. Re: No subject Dec 28, 2007, 19:30 Some Dude

Wow. This game just set a record for "shortest lifespan on my computer".

For something that looks so awful you'd think it'd run pretty well on a machine that makes a bitch out of its specified requirements, but you would be wrong. I could probably overlook that if it was fun, but even the tutorial fighting is about as much fun as prison rape.

Pass.

5. Re: No subject Dec 28, 2007, 18:26 ibm

Well it's good to hear the lag might of cleared up. The graphics definitely leave something to be desired but I quite like the drama that sparks up sometimes between the nations and larger guilds during pvp etc.

I'll probably give it a go when it's released as I'm not subbed up to any mmo at the moment and I'm losing interest in the Warhammer beta (more focused testing isn't much fun), see if I can get back into Los Bucaneros and have some fun fighting the Brits.

4. No subject Dec 28, 2007, 17:07 Will

I played in closed and open beta and the game is pretty fun. Only thing I disliked about the game is the graphics and style seems way outdated compared to todays games.

3. Re: How are things now? Dec 28, 2007, 14:14 Mead

Still have port contention, don't know what the difference might be now though.

Haven't seen much lag at all aside from immediate post-zoning chop.

I'm looking forward to this game. The economy system is quite entertaining and group battles are fun too.

2. It's ok... Dec 28, 2007, 14:12 Techie714

I have been playing it for awhile now. It's great to FINALLY see a MMO no filled with dragons & such. It's a pretty fun game but I lost interest in it pretty quick. It may just not be my kind of game. One thing I thought was pretty bad was the graphics, they looked like they were from like 5 years ago. This interface is pretty well made & the fighting is kind of fun. Although it would have been awesome to add finishing moves with the sword fighting like they did in The Witcher. Damn The Witcher is such an awesome game!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. How are things now? Dec 28, 2007, 12:54 ibm

So anyone played this lately? I was in closed beta for a few months but after a couple of wipes I lost interest.

I bowed out after they introduced the new port contention battles - bigger maps, narrow water ways and horrible avatar combat in the town - has that changed at all?

Also there was an annoying bug with group open sea combat where some members of your group couldn't enter the battle instance and were locked out. Also horiible lag on the open sea when the servers got moderately busy.

How are things now?

Yes, I'm sorry, I'm too lazy to reinstall and try it out for myself or read through the open beta forums.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo