Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Universe at War: Earth Assault

The Petroglyph Games Website has word that Universe at War: Earth Assault is gold, and the science fiction RTS game is nearing release (thanks FiringSquad). The announcement is pretty sparse, here it is:

The game is at the manufacturer as I type this, and we'll be hitting store shelves soon!

Thanks to all of you who have been following the development, participating on the boards and playing along. It's been a hell of a ride.

(Now to see what I can do about that beta patch.)

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2007, 20:52 Talisorn

(And I haven't had a computer music idol since Keith303.)
Isn't that how the Chemical Brothers started?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2007, 18:04 Yakuza

Wait, they didn't patch the beta and they're STILL releasing it?

What the fuck can they possibly be thinking?

The game has a lot of potential but if they expect to have good reviews they shouldn't be releasing the game as it is, unpatched and broken. This doesn't bode well for Petro.

9. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2007, 18:03 Bone43

Every time I see the name "Universe at War", I think of Universal Combat.

Ha Ha to funny same thing here..

Derek Smart!

Derek Smart!

Derek Smart!

8. No subject Nov 29, 2007, 16:39 Optimaximal

I'm giving the game a wide berth because Star Wars : Empire at War was so utterly and irrefutably pants...

Is there a demo on Steam?

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 16:40.

7. Good RTS Nov 29, 2007, 15:34 MrBone

Ignore the haters, this RTS is great stuff as far as the demo is concerned. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace and gameplay. The graphics on a high-end system are just about equal to CoM; the effects are not up to that RTS' level. Of course, try the demo yourself and find out.

6. No subject Nov 29, 2007, 13:00 JohnBirshire

I seem to be a minority because of the comments posted so far, but I was actually looking forward to this game until I played the demo. The thing that was immediately noticeable to me about this game was how it seemed to be the slowest paced RTS I've ever played. Your actions per minute could be less than ten and you'd still have no trouble whatsoever micromanaging your buildings and units.

My first and only impression of this game so far was "yawn fest". Wait for reviews before you purchase this one....

5. points to filefront Nov 29, 2007, 12:18 Cheese

go get it there fast too. I have tried it and yes the music is great but the game is even better shape than i thought its nice to see this comming out.

4. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2007, 12:02 Xenopulse

Huh. I hadn't heard of it before. (And I haven't had a computer music idol since Keith303.)

Sell me on it?

3. No subject Nov 29, 2007, 10:57 Ecthelion

Every time I see the name "Universe at War", I think of Universal Combat. Dammit, now Derek Smart is ruining our dictionary AND gaming.

2. Re: WOOHOO Nov 29, 2007, 10:15 manic half

i'll be buying it for the music alone. frank klepacki is my hero/idol/whatever.

but the demo i played was fun so could be good!

1. WOOHOO Nov 29, 2007, 10:02 kanniballl

I've been waiting for this, granted I only heard about it a month ago. But still, I'm happy.

Gonna Steam it as soon as it's ready for pre-load.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo