Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I looked down at the Gunnar-man last night and it struck me that I'd forgotten his birthday, which was November 2, making our monster poodle three-years old now. That helps explain (or at least rationalize) how I overlooked the date at the time, as at this age he should have clearly emerged from puppyhood by now, which has not turned out to be the case. Anyway, I'm not going to sweat failing to mark the occasion. As I've pointed out before, every day is a special day for Gunnar, no external effort required.

Celebratory Links! Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Squeezy Rider.
Vote: The Ken Kutaragi Crazy Executive Quote Award Game.
Link of the Morning: The Lego Brick Artist - Nathan Sawaya.
Science: Concussions Put College Players in Murky World.
Media: I'm Listening to What You're Saying But I Hear What I Want. Are you smarter than a shoe?
Cherry Chocolate Rain. Thanks Michael.
Mythbusters - Shooting Fish In A Barrel...To the EXTREME.
Teh Funny: UserFriendly.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. No subject Nov 30, 2007, 12:58 Retired

Update to the RK thing -

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071129/ts_nm/rodneyking_dc

"(King) and the whole house were very intoxicated and very uncooperative," Lewis said.

I wonder if he is aware that filing a false police report is a crime.

Supporter of the Cell Phone Jamming movement.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Old(er) Dog- Old(er) trick Nov 30, 2007, 00:23 CarplTunnl

Three years?! Can't believe Gunnar is already this "old". Kinda like the surprise at my friends hu-man child entering kindergarten. If dog math is correct, he should be legal to imbibe now. My pooch, "ROM" (yes, Read Only Memory), was christened with hefeweizen. He's a Shepherd so the taste may differ for Airedales.

Regardless, five years later and ROM is still a puppy. I imagine Gunnar will be the same =)

9. No subject Nov 29, 2007, 19:54 zincthallinide

GROIN PULL!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

8. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2007, 19:23 The Half Elf

Well finally got my (working) copy of Mass Effect today.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but Citadel (basically the starting city) is just too damn big. Graphically it's not bad but I simply cannot stand not having sharp edges on textures. Example the gold trim on a Navy Blue Officers jacket and seeing bits of blue instead of a sharp line.

Again not sure if I'm just overly tired or what, but I really feel like I've played this game before, except it was called KOTOR. Only 5 hours in, guess I'll re-check around 10 hours.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

7. No subject Nov 29, 2007, 18:03 Retired

The time between incident and calling the police makes me call BS on this one.

Wouldn't surprise me if he said the cops did it....what an idiot.

6. Here's a shocker.... Nov 29, 2007, 17:55 Warhawk

Rodney King in the news again. This guy is like a poor man's OJ, just can't seem to stay away from trouble....

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/29/rodney.king.shot/index.html

RIALTO, California (CNN) -- Rodney King, whose 1991 police beating sparked widespread rioting in Los Angeles and other U.S. cities, was recovering Thursday after being slightly wounded by gunfire.

Rialto, California, Police Department Sgt. Don Lewis said King was grazed on his face, arms, back and torso. The wounds were superficial. A shotgun was believed to have been the weapon used.

Lewis said that after King was shot Wednesday night, he rode his bicycle from San Bernardino to his home in Rialto, before calling police about 11:40 p.m.

Information on possible suspects or the hospital where King was treated were not immediately available.

Amateur video captured King's beating after Los Angeles police officers stopped him for speeding March 3, 1991. Police beat King repeatedly, delivering 56 baton blows and six kicks -- causing skull fractures, and brain and kidney damage.

Since then, King has had a handful of run-ins with the law, including a guilty plea in 2004 to driving under the influence of a controlled substance and reckless driving.

Now these points of data make a beautiful line
And were out of beta, were releasing on time
So Im GLaD I got burned, think of all the things we learned
For the people who are still alive

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

5. Proof - Nov 29, 2007, 14:06 Retired

That the oil market is FULL OF SHIT.

So an oil pipeline broke here in MN today.
Reports everywhere are "Prices sky rocket because pipeline breaks".

Well, they remain unchanged here in MN day over day.

4. Every day is a special day... Nov 29, 2007, 12:25 Mindstorm

Reminds me of this onion article about a dog: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/32953

3. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2007, 11:04 Lorcin

omg Nathan Sawaya really needs to stay out of photos of his art. There's something kinda creepy about him.

2. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2007, 10:56 The Half Elf

We must teach Gunnar to hide the coffee supplies, THAT WILL TEACH THE HUMAN!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

1. No subject Nov 29, 2007, 10:13 nin

Gunnar's post:

Well, it's almost a month now, and dad still doesn't remember. What's it's going to take? How many times must I "smell" the calendar, tactfully pointing my nose DIRECTLY at November 2nd??? Hell, it's almost December, THEN what will I point at?

Humans!

Tonight, he shall walk through the living room barefoot, and step in a very (very) nasty surprise.

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo