Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

Two Worlds: The Temptation Announced

This press release provides an oddly sparse announcement of Two Worlds: The Temptation, an upcoming expansion for Reality Pump's RPG planned for release for PCs and consoles in the first half of next year. The Official Two Worlds: The Temptation Website is online, though the teaser site only offers a few screenshots for the time being. Here is the entirety of the proclamation:

Karlsruhe, 28. November 2007 – Head for a new horizon! With the add-on, “Two Worlds – The Temptation”, the “Two Worlds” universe continues to grow, introducing new game content, extended gameplay and providing you with the answers to many questions and mysteries which arose in the main story!

The developers are focusing on a blend of the proven and the new: besides several well-known regions of Antaloor, there are also completely new territories to explore. The combat system has been further enhanced too – now you can use active blocking, for example. Many other additional developments have been added – developments which have enabled a completely new means of transport and a much enhanced reaction from NPCs – but more on these and a whole host of other surprises shortly! The release of “Two Worlds – The Temptation” for PC and consoles is planned for the first half of 2008. You can get an idea of what to expect at www.2-worlds.com/temptation.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. No subject Nov 29, 2007, 07:33 dryden555

The major reviewers typically trashed the game after playing it on the 360. It was actually quite a lot of fun on the PC platform, as action RPG's go.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. No subject Nov 29, 2007, 00:41 Cabezone

Yeah I was enjoying it's Diabloness until about halfway through it became apparent I'd already found every single type of item in the game. If all you have is actiony combat and cool loot.....the loot has to last throughout the whole game.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

14. Re: Great game Nov 28, 2007, 21:15 AcidDrone

the only problem with this game was the loot was terrible there was no variation.

You spent 9hrs combining the same sword together to make the ultimate sword with the same name.

It needs to take ideas from diablo 2/hellgate itemization where its fun to roll a billion mobs caus you know somewhere in there something pink blue green orange is gonna drop and boy is it delicious.

13. Re: 5/10 Nov 28, 2007, 19:41 Bone43

If you haven't played The Witcher yet, do. Friggin' amazing RPG.

Yes very good game.. Now if I could only take the best parts of the Witcher and drop them into a Gothic size world that would be my ultimate RPG.

12. Re: 5/10 Nov 28, 2007, 18:57 Cutter

I enjoyed it. Was hella better than Oblivion. Felt a lot like Gothic 2. If you haven't played The Witcher yet, do. Friggin' amazing RPG.

"Grab a napkin, homie. You just got served."
- Wolowitz

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

11. Re: 5/10 Nov 28, 2007, 18:43 Bone43

even though action RPGs are 'supposed' to be click bad guy, kill, loot, gain xp, buy new mouse, can't we at least see an evolution after that long?

I agree but I doubt your going to see it from Reality Pump.

The game IMO was kind of a Gothic want to be not to bad certainly not great but a good time waster.

I will most likely buy the expansion if for nothing else just to explore the game world.

10. Re: No subject Nov 28, 2007, 17:53 MMORPGHoD

How was the coop aspect of this game? Does it support LAN?

9. Re: No subject Nov 28, 2007, 17:15 wings

I have to say that I enjoyed the game. Some balance and control issues needed to be addressed, But I enjoyed the story and the size of the gameworld. I will be looking forward to an expansion.

8. 5/10 Nov 28, 2007, 17:08 Evil Timmy

Is this the expansion that makes the game fun?

Really, some decent concepts, story was alright, blah blah blah...the whole game just felt really flat. Combat was dull, the RPG system felt sorely uninspired, graphics were average with weak artistic direction, writing and voice acting left something to be desired. Not to say it was abysmal in any category, just mediocre. Diablo came out 11 years ago now (yeah, I feel old too), and even though action RPGs are 'supposed' to be click bad guy, kill, loot, gain xp, buy new mouse, can't we at least see an evolution after that long?

7. Re: No subject Nov 28, 2007, 16:59 ibm

Yeah I didn't give it much of a chance when I first tried it, may reinstall when I've had enough of my current favourites.

6. No subject Nov 28, 2007, 16:53 blood_rose

I think Two Worlds is a diamond in the rough. The combonation of Diablo 2 style hack and slash with an oblivion style open world and character interaction is interesting.

Unfortunately, the game's engine, controls, and balance leave much to be desired. Hopefully these things will be fixed in the expansion.

5. Re: Nah Nov 28, 2007, 14:56 Elf Shot The Food

"How about you fuck off and realize this is a game site and people are entitled to their opinion?"

True, but you've only made two posts on Blue's and when the first one is about how great Two Worlds is, it makes you come across as a bit of a shill.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 14:56.

4. Re: Nah Nov 28, 2007, 14:31 maldoror

I have to agree, the game was pretty fun for what it was. It was also really buggy but there was some good gameplay there no doubt.

3. Nah Nov 28, 2007, 14:30 creampie

How about you fuck off and realize this is a game site and people are entitled to their opinion?

I like the game, you don't, eat shit and die.

2. Re: Great game Nov 28, 2007, 13:53 Kajetan

Dear Mr. Guerilla-Marketeer! Would you PLEASE go away and stop posting such nonsense?

1. Great game Nov 28, 2007, 13:36 creampie

A lot of people bagged on this game due to its unoriginality, yet what game is original these days (Except maybe Stalker).

This game is very fun and successfully accomplished a 3D diablo vibe which no game, not even dungeon siege, has been able to accomplish.

Oblivion? Sure it looks better, but Two Worlds has excellent horse fighting! Full gallop, swing that ax on some giant monster, strike for 12,000 points of damage! A weak character can actually take on larger opponents that way.

Plus the horse have saddle bags and can carry stuff for you!

Really cool, glad to hear of an expansion. One thing for sure, there are over 1gig worth of patches! That shows two things. The game was buggy, but the dev team is fixing everything they can, bravo!

Two Worlds, better than Gothic 3, almost as good as Oblivion.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo