Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

City of Heroes/Villains Issue #11

The City of Heroes Forums have word on today's new content update for City of Heroes and City of Villains bringing the superhero/villain MMOG combo to issue #11 (thanks JonB). The City of Heroes Community Site has highlights of the new release, which is titled "A stitch in time."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2007, 13:07 creatorswhim

Yeah, but WoW is for the obsessive/compulsive personalities and those with Asperger's syndrome. Like Fion said, CoH/V is for a much more casual player.

If CoH doesn't fill the all-consuming void of your blackened soul, don't play it. PLEASE don't play it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2007, 10:03 ColoradoHoudini

when they make a Part 2.. if they ever do (I don't see why they wouldnt)..
I want them to take everything WoW has.. and steal it.

dailies
heroics
big raids that arent just one boss
maybe some reputation stuff
crafting of everything
drops.. item drops.. not just power ups. (a new cape that gives you +speed to flying or whatever).. and you can re-color it as you wish. A new pair of boots that add to strength for tankers.
etc..

5. Re: No subject Nov 28, 2007, 14:36 The Half Elf

Fion, I really have to ask what your smoking.

Worst grind in any western MMOG? If anything it has the second easiest grind, with WoW being the first.

I'll give you deep character customization, but deep advancement system? CoX has the worst case of cookie cutter builds of any MMO I've played to date. And I won't even go into Fire/Kinetics Controllers that shoulda been nerfed to hell.

As for Content, ever since CoV, they rehash shit they have done on one side and give it to the other, or recycle crap like crazy. Issue 10 Rikti Invasion was 1 Hero Zone revamped for both Heroes and Villains and was 100 times more laggy then the end of CoH Beta Rikti Invasion. Combine recycled baddies (Rikti in issue 10 that have been buffed up a bit more), same repetitive tilesets, and balance issues out the ass, how can you say the content that is there is good?

Now with Issue 11, they add Willpower, which is Scrappers Regen and Tankers Invulnerability just spliced together.
Heroes and Villians can NOW go back to contacts and jump through stupid hoops to finish story arcs and get missions.
I mean I honestly can't think of a MMO out there that says 'oh wait sorry, your too big and strong to talk to me anymore, I'll just have to find a weakling superhero to save the day'.
I mean hell, even Superman with all his godly powers, got a damn cat out of a tree for a little kid.

And as for best content patches in the industry? Compair Cryptic's PVP content patch vs WoW's PVP content patch. If you can't or don't know the difference let me know. Better yet let me explain it. PvP in CoX is crap as only a select few builds can survive in PVP. Where in WoW, each class is viable.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

4. Re: No subject Nov 28, 2007, 12:45 Fion

CoX did have very little content at release, but now it's chock full of it. Sure most of what you do to level is grind missions, but theres a much larger variety then there used to be and the combat in the game helps make up for it. It's easily some of the best of any MMOG. Also the character customization and advancement systems are very deep and fun use.

CoX however is a casual MMOG. You'll get bored and fast if you spend 8+ hours in it a day. It's best played with friends for an hour or two a night, every few days. Downside is the level grind is one of the worst in any western MMOG of the last several years. They do a 'double xp weekend' every 6 months and the server populations skyrocket for that weekend. They need to make it faster.

I11 rocks! Cryptic (now NCSoft) does the best damn content patches in the industry!

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 12:47.

3. Re: No subject Nov 28, 2007, 12:33 The Half Elf

I think the biggest issue is that all of NCSoft's games (Guild Wars which I HATE, being the exception), has little to no content. And that it does have is of the 'Same Monster, little bit bigger, with a different color'.

Granted COH/COV has the best visual character customization options, there are only so many costumes/powers you can do before you've 'done it all'.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

2. No subject Nov 28, 2007, 11:58 dryden555

this is the only MMO game I liked but then again -- like all of them -- it gets boring doing the same things and earning only slight rewards for the effort. i'm not convinced MMO's can continue to be popular unless they come up with something truly different.

1. If there is a god... Nov 28, 2007, 11:01 The Half Elf

Let this MMO die so Star Trek Online may live!

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo