Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: No subject Nov 28, 2007, 16:17 BrutalDeluxe

"Humiliation Time", dont' think so. "With the configuration file hack mentioned earlier, the Very High options are available to you even in DX9, and looks nearly the same as DX10."

NEARLY.
So you gain a little better image quality, you lose a bit more performance. My comment still stands.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Crysis Performance and Benchmarks. Nov 28, 2007, 15:51 Ray Marden

So, basically, I should go out and buy a new operating system and new hardware for...decreased performance? Or the unplayable DX10?
Not to mention possible incompatibilities!
Umm...yeah - I think I will hold for now.

Thinking a XP/Vista comparison would be very nice to see,
Ray

-----
I'm william Shatner and I'm a shaman - what's your game?
http://www.livejournal.com/users/raymarden/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.

2. Re: Crysis Performance and Benchmarks. Nov 28, 2007, 13:14 MMORPGHoD

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad QX6800 @ 2.93GHz
Memory 2 x 1GB DDR2 800 (5-5-5-12)
Operating system Windows Vista Ultimate

Crysis - Very high settings - DX9 - 8800GT

1280x1024 24 FPS

Crysis - Very high settings - DX10 - 8800GT

1280x1024 17 FPS

Given that the user would see little or no difference under DX9 compared with DX10, I see no reason to take a 25% performance hit.

The only question I have is, what would the benchmark be for Very high settings with DX9 under Windows XP? 30 FPS or higher perhaps?

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 13:15.

1. Crysis Performance and Benchmarks. Nov 28, 2007, 11:37 rocketpcguy

As we mentioned earlier, there really is little reason to run Crysis in DX10 mode. Right now, the game runs slower in DX10 than DX9 on every card we tested. With the configuration file hack mentioned earlier, the Very High options are available to you even in DX9, and looks nearly the same as DX10.

HUMILIATION TIME:

BrutalDeluxe: Oct 29, 12:16
But here's the thing: we were never told that dx10 could do things dx9 couldn't. What we were told is that DX10 is an API more efficient than DX9 for certain effects. Meaning you'll get more performance from a dx10 card if the codebase has planned for it.

SFSW: Oct 29, 15:16
That's true. Any scene rendered in DX10 can be rendered virtually the same in DX9, there are just some 'common sense' performance improvements in DX10 to allow running more of them simultaneously.

Malakai: Oct 29, 17:10
So just what is everyone comlpaining about? It's CLEAR that the DX10 render is miles ahead of the DX9. Are people just complaining because they're pissed off they cant afford the hardware to run Crysis properly? Or is it because people dont want to upgrade to Vista because of "incompatability"?

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo