Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis Demo Released

The single-player for Crysis is now available, either earlier or later than planned, depending on which plan you are discussing, capping a couple of days of confusion about the release. The download is a whopping 1.77 GB, which can be found on 3D Downloads, 4players.de, ActionTrip, AusGamers, ComputerGames.ro, eXp.de, FileFront, Fragland.net, FanGaming, Fileaholic, FilePlanet, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, Internode Games Network, nZone, OnlineWelten, PixelRage, Shacknews, and Strategy Informer. Contrary to our speculation earlier, this is apparently both the DX9 and DX 10 demo. Also, new NVIDIA beta drivers for the demo were released earlier today (story).

View
165 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

85. Re: drinks Oct 27, 2007, 13:36 FU

Nothing wrong with it being FarCry with a coat of paint

Yes there is. how are you going to market the real FarCry 2 set in Africa. Wow look at the trees break, Wow look at the physics on this and that. LOL people are amazed at the way a table leg splinters again. I guess it goes in cycles. Crysis is a tech demo that they are going to sell to you. Nothing new i saw

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 13:36.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

84. Re: drinks Oct 27, 2007, 13:22 Krovven

Nothing wrong with it being FarCry with a coat of paint, after all thats what Tribes 2 was to Tribes 1

Uhhm no. You obviously didn't play Tribes 2. Gameplay was quite different. Much slower.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

83. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2007, 13:21 Krovven

The voice acting is 10x better than that of FarCry, and 10x better than most other titles out on the market. If you are bitching about the voice acting in this game you better find a new hobby because you are very very rarely going to find games with good voice acting.

Graphics suck? What crack are you people smoking?

The suit is a gimmick...ALL GAMES are one big gimmick. Gimmicks sell games. The abilities are usefull at times. It's great getting into a firefight, realizing you are outnumbered and out flanked. Hit Cloak, and find new cover, preferably while flanking them.

The game does run slow unfortunately. But I do need a new video card 8600 GT 256mb right now. In the process of moving, so it's gonna have to wait. Plus I've barely had time to play any of my other games let alone another new one. TF2 is even getting played right now. Top game is Dark Messiah with 3 hrs in 2 weeks, ouch.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

82. Re: drinks Oct 27, 2007, 13:19 mOOzilla

Nothing wrong with it being FarCry with a coat of paint, after all thats what Tribes 2 was to Tribes 1

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko

81. Re: drinks Oct 27, 2007, 13:18 mOOzilla

I prefer Bushmils whisky, oldest and best in the world

Fcuk Coca Cola products, its the worlds evil.

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko

80. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2007, 13:18 Overon

At the beginning, I don't understand what happens. The guy says something like "my reserve parachute is gone and my main one won't deploy"? I still don't understand what happens. Does the guy plunge like 20,000 feet into water that's about 6 feet deep and the suit allows him to survive?

79. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2007, 13:06 Slink

In the screenshots it appears that there's a haze around mountains in the distance. I don't get that in game with all settings maxed. Is that only for DX10?

- - - - - - - - - -
Bioshock, Crysis, Quake Wars, HL2:Episode 2/Portal/TF2, Gears of War PC, Unreal Tournament 3... it's going to be a good Q4. :-)

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

78. No subject Oct 27, 2007, 12:59 Trainwreck

The "ethnic-macho-aggressive" voice acting is painfully detrimental to the immersion level.

I was wondering if I was the only one annoyed by that. Here's an FYI for the ignorant: I have seen and met a nuber of special operators, and none - NOT ONE - looks or sounds like that. Most of them have a Lance Armstrong-type physique, are white, and talk and act like normal people. Not Vin Diesel.

On the other hand, the C-17 in the intro was modeled perfectly. I felt like I was on my way to Afghanistan again.

77. Re: Killer Kane Oct 27, 2007, 12:52 Sepharo

Zephalephelah

Atheists are just trying to be popular? Aren't atheists the least "trusted" demographic?

Trying telling me Atheism is the cool thing to do after spending a day in my shoes:

A day where you go to 400 level class and they decide to have a small classroom debate on creationism. The professor says "Well, what do you guys think? Should it be taught in schools?" Everyone squirms around not wanting to contribute anything. So then the professor says, "... there's plenty of evidence on both sides of the debate." So I raise my hand to, you know, contribute, "Excuse me, there is no scientific evidence of creation."

*GASP*

Professor: "Oh, there's plenty of scientific evidence of creation!"

Me: "Could you please explain, I guess I haven't seen it before."

Professor: "Oh of course, back in the 1600's a scientist did studies to find out where the maggots on meat come from... Do they just arise out of the air or were they put their by God. People didn't know where the maggots came from and they arrived like by creation..."

Me: "... ... But that was proven to not be true... We all know where maggots come from it's quite obvious.

Professor: "Oh, of course we figured it out... but it just shows... you know."

Me: "Well do you have any other examples?"

Professor: "Well, we need to move on and get working on the next assignment. Good discussion class."

The entire time this little debate was going on random students in the class would turn and face me and say things like "But where do you think it all comes from?" "It has to start somewhere" "... Are you an atheist?"

Then they all want to debate the existence of God. Which wasn't the debate. You can believe in God and still believe in evolution. Ugh, "believe in evolution", that's certainly not the way that should ever be written. It's a fundamental observable law of nature. Just as we shaped dogs and domesticated corn, bananas, etc. evolution has been shaping life on this planet for millions of years.

MAN DID NOT WALK THE EARTH WITH DINOSAURS

76. FarCry with silk stockings Oct 27, 2007, 12:50 FU

Classic case of TOO MUCH HYPE. should have picked another level to demo. too much like farcry

75. Re: Killer Kane Oct 27, 2007, 12:45 Dr.Hamstring

not believing in god is a product of thinking for yourself..

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 12:47.

74. Gfx... Oct 27, 2007, 12:39 BrutalDeluxe

Are the gfx as good as the screenshots, such as this one:
http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/crysis_snow.jpg

?

73. Re: drinks Oct 27, 2007, 12:28 BFSoLo.

ok ...
so far:

Demo is good.
64bit is bad.
splosions are good.
Intros are bad.
Voices are bad.
EA is bad.
Consoles are not ...
God is good.
God is bad.
Sprite is good.
Sugar is bad.

ok, I think I'm ready to install !!
or maybe not ... ?

72. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2007, 12:24 A51Abductee

Basically FarCry with a new coat of paint, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The suit is a gimmick. There are only a handful of instances where its use is mandatory.

Demo was playable for me at 1024x768 on Medium settings using:

C2D 6420 running @ 2.7GHz
BFG GeForce 7800GT OC
2gb DDR2 @ 425MHz

anything higher than 1024x768 and it was too choppy/laggy.

In response to a previous post, the voice acting and plot are just as cheezy as FarCry. The "ethnic-macho-aggressive" voice acting is painfully detrimental to the immersion level. Apparently we lost a lot of personnel in Iraq; the recruitment standards for special forces have apparently seriously declined by 2020.

71. drinks Oct 27, 2007, 12:15 rocketpcguy

mOOzilla... reminds me of milk. speaking of drinks, I think Sprite is better than 7up. its the difference of sugar that makes the difference.

70. No subject Oct 27, 2007, 12:07 Killer Kane

That movie was originally titled "Twinkle Twinkle Killer Kane" when I saw it in a theater...I didn't take the moniker from the film though....he wad a gangster in the 30's, and the bass player from the "New York Dolls" (seminal pre-punk band)

And the consolitis I refer to is the fact that the sequels to Far Cry were console games (I played one on the Wii)...and THEY SUCKED!...and this is a disappointment as well, compared to the original Far Cry, gameplay wise in my opinion

I never think of the future, it comes soon enough."

69. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2007, 12:00 g_mann

I played through the demo and found it meh at best. Just far cry with a new coat of paint, Nothing innovating in it at all.

68. god in crysis? Oct 27, 2007, 11:59 zirik

huh? too lazy to read the entire thread but how did this become a religious debate?

67. No subject Oct 27, 2007, 11:48 Sempai

Wow Zeph, i like your words m'friend.

Just played through the demo, i like it..i like it alot.
Looks good and is a solid shooter, funstuff, mowing down trees makes me giggle with glee!

e6700@3.0ghz
8800gtx KO
2gb ram
x-fi
37' 1080p westy.

Running the game in 1080p with all on high, no aa.
If i try running 16q aa it gets ugly framey, hehe.

The game still looks superb with no aa in dx9.

/golf clap to Crytek, well done.

66. Sigh Oct 27, 2007, 11:44 Creston

Downloading 1.77GB on my 756k connection would take... 3,742 years?

Is anyone running this demo on a (crappy) rig comparable to mine?

Athlon 3500
1 Gig
Geforce 7900 GT OC

I think I'll overclock to 4000 our so, but I'm guessing my meager 1 gig is going to kill me.
Just curious if anyone has similar specs and how it runs for you.

Btw, does the game properly support widescreen? Seeing as how EA got its fucking paws all over it and all...

Creston

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 11:45.

165 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo