Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis Demo Released

The single-player for Crysis is now available, either earlier or later than planned, depending on which plan you are discussing, capping a couple of days of confusion about the release. The download is a whopping 1.77 GB, which can be found on 3D Downloads, 4players.de, ActionTrip, AusGamers, ComputerGames.ro, eXp.de, FileFront, Fragland.net, FanGaming, Fileaholic, FilePlanet, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, Internode Games Network, nZone, OnlineWelten, PixelRage, Shacknews, and Strategy Informer. Contrary to our speculation earlier, this is apparently both the DX9 and DX 10 demo. Also, new NVIDIA beta drivers for the demo were released earlier today (story).

View
165 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

105. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2007, 16:31 frostee.uk

Considering the average dev cycle for a good game is 2 years I dont think 5 years is over the top at all, also taking into acount that there simply isn't that many dev houses able to pull off quality triple A titles. What game in particular do you see on the horizon to be better looking (not talking about art styles here, just technically) ? or which dev house to you hold in such high regard that will make what you see in Crysis look dated any time soon? You are no better than the people saying 'oh this sucks' without even giving reasons for your comments. Maybe I am retarded and arogant but at least I dont come on here calling people names just because they like to give thier own opinions

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

104. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2007, 16:17 sponge

For those guys that think this game is sucks and the graphics are bad and all that. Just out of curiosity what games do you like? What game do you think is fun and has good graphics?

Recently, I've absolutely loved anything to do with Portal. ETQW has been my main pub game, and I still play Quake3 every so often. I'm sick of these quasi-realistic games that companies have been churning out for the past few years. I'm getting ready for GH3 on the XB360, too. I also enjoyed Bioshock, and MoH:Airborne, but in the case of the former, not as much as everyone else was declaring it.

And, no, I don't have incredibly high standards. I'm just not impressed by graphics and average gameplay. I will not buy Crysis based on how it looks alone. That would be an absolutely retarded decision for me to make, especially after hating the multiplayer, which was running around an island capturing different looking flags, only to relose them a few minutes later. Not fun for me by a longshot.

And no, I don't like UT3 either. As you can probably tell, I chose Quake3 over UT99, and UT3 is closer to UT99 than any game has been so far.

Seeing the replies after mine, it's far too obvious how easy people are suckered in by a good looking game. An advanced engine FIVE years out? That statement is absolutely retarded considering the verge we are on with multi-core processors, and 4 or 5 new generations of video cards. We are talking basically about the year 2013 here. What an ignorant statement.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 16:21.

103. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2007, 16:15 frostee.uk

Crysis demo is nothing short of AMAZING, I can understand people saying that its not their kind of game or whatever, but people saying that it outright sucks are either totally burnt out on the FPS genre or are simply bitter they dont have the rig to play it the way its meant to be played. I guess there might be other reasons too, anti EA people or people that just think its cool to go against the hype, console boys aka PC haters, whatever, who cares, finally a game that puts PC right where it should be, light years ahead of what any console can dream of pulling off.

Its clear to me now that Crysis has taken the crown for most advanced game engine, I truly believe its 2 or 3 years ahad of everything else, maybe even 5. Not just the engine either, I found the whole package from the voice acting to the cinematic sequences even the menus and HUD to be 9.5 or 10 on a scale of 10. Finally I'd like to say this is not fanboy rant as I was myself sceptical as to wether this would be as good looking as the pre-release screenshots, and it is, Crytek have delivered. Thank You Guys, all your hard work has payed off in full.

102. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2007, 16:01 SpectralMeat

For those guys that think this game is sucks and the graphics are bad and all that. Just out of curiosity what games do you like? What game do you think is fun and has good graphics?

I am not trolling just curious because I loved Crysis and I do not think there is any game out there that comes even close as far as graphics goes. As for gameplay I love the open environment and the ability to approach your objective in so many different ways, unlike in HL2 and all those other shooters on rails.

So to me this game is a must buy but I would love to know those people that are complaining about this game what games do you like? That satisfy your incredibly high standards.
Or is it just the style of gameplay that Crysis offers not your cup of coffee because you prefer UT3 over Crysis.

I have to admit UT3 has nice graphics but the game is so fucking fast I don't have time to look at the graphics and I think Crysis graphics engine is much better and capable of much more than UT. But that just my opinion.

Steam: SpectralMeat

101. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2007, 15:52 PHJF

Hey if you really think this game is that bad, play Jericho. Puts a whole new perspective out there.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

100. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2007, 15:48 Slink

In my opinion, the game is fun - but the real gameplay lies at the highest difficulty level. Anything less and the game is really easy.

However, I've yet to see a real use for the strength-mode of the suit besides jumping. There's really no reason for me to super-punch someone unless I'm out of ammo. I've found it increases the accuracy of your weapons (I guess since you have the strength to hold the weapon steady and nullify the recoil) but other than that, I really only use the armor mode, cloak mode, and speed mode to a lesser extent.

The graphics are amazing. On my Pentium D 3.0ghz, 2g of RAM, 8800 GTS card I am surprised how well the game runs. I can turn everything on High (Very High is reserved for DX10 I guess) and can turn off AA (jaggies aren't too prevalent in this game) and have it run great. The only time it really slows down is at the end with the ice boat. That killed my FPS for some reason.

The only thing I'm annoyed about is that in the screenshots, distant mountains look hazy and cloudy (like they would in real life) however this doesn't happen whatsoever in the game. Is this DX10 only?

- - - - - - - - - -
Bioshock, Crysis, Quake Wars, HL2:Episode 2/Portal/TF2, Gears of War PC, Unreal Tournament 3... it's going to be a good Q4. :-)

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

99. No subject Oct 27, 2007, 15:37 sponge

Game is semi-sucks. The gunfights aren't fun. Pretty graphics aren't enough to win me over, like some people here, unfortunately

Quake Zero can't come soon enough. EA have trashed another once good company.

98. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2007, 15:07 ShadyPete

This game is not good...

97. No subject Oct 27, 2007, 15:01 Trainwreck

Hmmm...I tried the benchmark on high settings and still noticed pop in...then again, I'm DX9, if that makes any difference.

96. Re: Killer Kane Oct 27, 2007, 14:45 Fibrocyte

Most believe in God. It's really only in America and the United Kingdom where those beliefs are trailing off. Why? Our school systems from elementary to college teach evolution as fact and do not teach God and even ridicule God.

Wrong. I was born smart.

95. Re: Meh Oct 27, 2007, 14:42 PHJF

There are some pretty nasty clipping distance issues. Random twigs on the ground on the road, for instance, magically appeared literally no more than 2 meters in front of me. Just pop right in out of thin air.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

94. Meh Oct 27, 2007, 14:14 Fausticle

Its ok, its not the second coming like a lot of people were claiming on these boards.

93. Re: So Far So good... Oct 27, 2007, 14:10 Krovven

I found the AI to be pretty bad most of the time actually. Never noticed so much weird behaviour in FarCry. I was standing in the open, near a building. Shot a guy in the shoulder. He kept looking up and aiming his rifle at the sky.

Another instance, again standing in the open, lower body in the bushes. Guy is walking towards me, pop him in the head, but doesn't die, but instead gets in a battle stance and starts looking around for more...in the complete opposite direction as I was...and he was only 20 feet away and was looking right at me when i shot him.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

92. Suit Oct 27, 2007, 14:04 Tyrsis

A lot of people say the suit is a gimmick, but it really isn't, and takes some time to actually figure out how to use effectively. In the multiplayer open beta, it was pretty important to know when and how to quickly change between modes. Though it had it's problems. Stealth mode wasn't really stealth, as it would still cast a feint shadow on the ground, or if you looked at someone invisible properly you could see a feint shimmer, which is a neat effect, but sometimes made it a bit useless. It's definitely useful for long range sniping though, fire off a round and cloak before someone spots you.

The power armour is killer though, as one punch kills everyone. So if you find yourself low on ammo, or with a bad weapon, you just sprint up to someone and punch them in the face. Also the super jump allows you to quickly get into good positions for kill people from above.

All in all I found the multiplayer to be pretty fun, and I don't really play a lot of multiplayer anymore.

91. So Far So good... Oct 27, 2007, 14:03 wtf_man

Plays fine for me @ 1280x1024, 4xAA, Everything High on XP.
(E6600 C2D @ 3.6GHz, 8800GTX OC @ 650 / 2000 - Liquid Cooling for both)

I only have played to the point of about to take out the GPS jammer... so far, it's ok. I think the graphics are definitely better than Far Cry, but then again, I'm not a graphics whore (the higher end rig is meant to play ANY game smoothly for a long time... especially since this is my last gaming rig to ever be built).

I'm not exactly sure what a lot of folks here are bitching about.

~It's a shooter.
~It's made by the same guys that made Far Cry.
~It's set on tropical islands.
~The graphics, physics, and AI are improved.

So, of course it's going to be "LIKE" Far Cry.

I don't see how this was over-hyped. Maybe I just didn't set my expectations as high as others. /shrug

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 14:06.

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

90. LOL Oct 27, 2007, 14:01 Cheese

Well I enjoyed this it does look like farcry all over agian. The graphics are good with a 8800GTS card best Ive seen. the gameplay is standard FPS so im happy there.

I know Blues is never happy and its the place to come to hear the truth. even if i disagree with some of the posts im glad we have ppl that argue fuss and bicker. thats what keeps this industry moving. FLAME ON guys we want perfection!!!!!

89. Pop-in Oct 27, 2007, 13:55 Ice Nine

A lot of people are referring here to the object pop-in. I put all the settings to "high" and didn't have any pop-in, but when I dropped them to "medium" there was lots of pop-in. One of the options probably deals with it; just put that one to high and then leave everything else where it is. It's really a trade-off on the power of the system for framerate, not something you're forced into. The game is simply designed to be played as we've been seeing the videos, on the best available hardware, not on even on a prev-gen beefy video card like a 7900GTX.

88. Re: drinks Oct 27, 2007, 13:54 IMSabbel

You disqualified yourself with that comment. "real" farcry 2, yeah.
Real as in "ubisoft still has the ip and nobody working with the first one has anything to do with it"...

87. Fix bullet ballistics! Oct 27, 2007, 13:41 Techie714

The bullet ballistics are WAY off. I emptied a clip at a guy at close range and he didn't go down till half the clip was empty. A little more realism & less arcade. And the suit takes WAY to much damage. IMO

I guess I'm to spoiled with games like Project Reality & Rainbow Six.

The game play is fun & the graphics are fantastic!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

86. No subject Oct 27, 2007, 13:40 Trainwreck

Also, this game literally has THE WORST object pop-in I've ever seen in a game since Trespasser. I didn't think any *new* games would be released which would actually surpass Oblivion in this area, but I guess I was wrong. The graphics are a 9/10 until you factor this 'feature' in, where it gets knocked down to a 7/10.

Overall though, the game very much does feel like Far Cry, and it still is a fun game. It does look mostly good and runs pretty good for my mid-range system.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 13:41.

165 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo