RF Online Freed

Rising Force Online Goes Free to Play as Codemasters Online Re-launch Game has word that RF Online is now a completely free-to-play MMOG:
Wednesday, 17th October (2pm GMT) – Codemasters Online is pleased to announce that RF Online is now a completely free-to-play MMORPG with the full game now available for download with no monthly subscription required.

RF Online is an epic mix of traditional fantasy and futuristic Sci-Fi set in the deep space galaxy of Novus where three races compete in an ultimate struggle for power and resource. Celebrating the games re-launch, new players can now also experience the all-new free expansion, Episode II: Pioneers of Novus available for free to all players of the game.

“RF Online is a great game with a strong community and by making the game free-to-play we’re inviting absolutely everyone to come and enjoy this unique Sci-Fantasy online RPG,” commented Kyle Rowley, Community Manager, Codemasters Online.”

Following the recent hugely successful re-launch of ArchLord as a free-to-play game growing the games player base by 700%, Codemasters Online are looking forward to attracting a surge of new interest in this amazing and now free MMORPG.

“Moving RF Online to free-to-play game marks yet another milestone for Codemasters Online and the wider industry. We have proven with ArchLord that has been downloaded over 1million times the potential success that can be experienced and we are pleased to be in a position to re-launch RF Online using a similar model. We invite players from around the world to download the game for free and join us in Novus,” commented Ed Relf, Director of Marketing, Codemasters Online.”

For more information or to download the full free game of RF Online please visit www.rf-onlinegame.com
View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: yuk
Oct 17, 2007, 21:39
Kxmode

Re: yuk Oct 17, 2007, 21:39
Oct 17, 2007, 21:39
 Kxmode

"Dog poop is free too.. but I'm not gonna eat it."

Dog poop is way more palatable than Korean MMOs.

Koreans eat dogs

-----
http://www.myspace.com/kxmode
p/reviewer for Game Industry News
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Re: RF online
Oct 17, 2007, 21:38
Kxmode

Re: RF online Oct 17, 2007, 21:38
Oct 17, 2007, 21:38
 Kxmode

I'm guessing all of you, like me tried it a long time ago, in beta and that's where your impression comes from.

Doesn't matter what new bells and whistles are added the fact is grinding is still part of the core gameplay. All comments and existing ratings stand until the developers decides to make drastic gameplay changes ala SOE/SWG in which case it would be worth a second look/review. But that's not going to happen because RFO is popular in Korea.

-----
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Re: yuk
Oct 17, 2007, 20:42
Re: yuk Oct 17, 2007, 20:42
Oct 17, 2007, 20:42

"Dog poop is free too.. but I'm not gonna eat it."

Dog poop is way more palatable than Korean MMOs.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 20:42.

Re: No subject
Oct 17, 2007, 20:40
Re: No subject Oct 17, 2007, 20:40
Oct 17, 2007, 20:40

You couldn't pay me to play a Korean MMO.

Re: RF online
Oct 17, 2007, 16:25
Re: RF online Oct 17, 2007, 16:25
Oct 17, 2007, 16:25

None of you seem to be answering the question here...ok so the game has/had a horrible grind. But have any of you played it recently that can answer the question if the game has changed or not.

I'm guessing all of you, like me tried it a long time ago, in beta and that's where your impression comes from.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

RFO
Oct 17, 2007, 14:37
Kxmode

RFO Oct 17, 2007, 14:37
Oct 17, 2007, 14:37
 Kxmode

Daily grind. No really...

-----
This comment was edited on Oct 17, 14:39.

RF online
Oct 17, 2007, 14:22
RF online Oct 17, 2007, 14:22
Oct 17, 2007, 14:22

This game is one huge grind fest, probably the worst one I have tried.

I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. How anyone could find this game enjoyable is beyond me.

yuk
Oct 17, 2007, 13:52
yuk Oct 17, 2007, 13:52
Oct 17, 2007, 13:52

Dog poop is free too.. but I'm not gonna eat it.

Oct 17, 2007, 13:11
Re: No subject Oct 17, 2007, 13:11
Oct 17, 2007, 13:11

I tried RF, and I couldn't stand it. It felt really clunky and I could not stand the movement controls. The only other bad experience I can compare it to was trying Tabula Rasa a couple weeks ago. What a piece of shite that game is. It needs at least another 6 months of work, if not a year.

I ended up going back to Guild Wars recently, and I am really enjoying the simplicity and lack of grind/time sinks. After playing WoW through to level 70, then playing LOTRO until I got bored with it, it's been a refreshing change. I stopped playing it before any of the addon games (Factions, Nightfall, GW:EN) came out, so there is a ton of content.

I was hoping LOTRO would carry me over until Conan came out in October, but as we all know, it was pushed to next year. Until then, playing Guild Wars is time well spent. I'm excited to see where Guild Wars 2 goes, but that's probably going to be an '09 title.
This comment was edited on Oct 17, 13:15.
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Oct 17, 2007, 11:08
Re: No subject Oct 17, 2007, 11:08
Oct 17, 2007, 11:08

Unless you really enjoy typical Korean MMO Grinding (which makes even Everquest grinding look tame) go for it, otherwise I would avoid this, free or not.

No subject
Oct 17, 2007, 10:35
No subject Oct 17, 2007, 10:35
Oct 17, 2007, 10:35

I am looking for a game to hold me over until Hellgate:London comes out, and after I play that for quite sometime I again will need something to hold me over until Warhammer Online and Age of Conan are released.

RF Online and Archlord are both games I had heard of, but quickly lost interest after the average review across all review sites for RF Online was 56%, and 44% for Archlord. However, as we all know, many MMORPGs are horrid at release, but some get exponentially better several months later. So my question is, is either of these two games actually worth the time to download at this point in time?

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older