Adam Syndrome Announced

Dark Motif Announces New Adventure Game Adam Syndrome announces a new adventure game for PCs in the works at independent Israeli developer Dark Motif, planned for a Q3 2008 release:
Tel-Aviv, Israel, July 28, 2007 – New independent game-development studio Dark Motif today announced the launch of their new official website as well as the production of a brand new adventure game for the PC.

About the Game
Adam Syndrome is an original adventure game based on a dark mystery of novel-like size and depth. As the plot unfolds, the player will take control of Professor Adam Reed on his quest for answers following a strange chain of occurrences that ends with the sudden and mysterious death of his wife.

During the course of the game, the player will guide Adam through more than fifteen unique locations all over the world; locations that include ancient lost cities, futuristic laboratories, underwater complexes, gloomy old cemeteries, and many other fascinating places, as the character is plunged into an intricate web of conspiracy and secrets dating back to the very beginnings of mankind.

Blending real-life historical facts along with provocative fiction, Adam Syndrome brings storytelling back into the focus of gaming in a contemporary tale of survival, extinction, and the choice that lies between.

Backed by cinematic techniques, Adam Syndrome utilizes detailed, high-resolution backgrounds along with real-time special effects and a moody and suspenseful original soundtrack, to create a dark, immersive atmosphere that provides the perfect feeling for the game. Adam Syndrome makes use of the powerful Wintermute Engine, taking full advantage of its many advanced features such as the dynamic lighting and shadows and the particle system - all of which play a major role in the creation of the game's believable world.

Story
In a desperate attempt to discover what happened to his beloved wife, Professor Adam Reed becomes entangled in a web of conspiracy that threatens to tear apart the tapestry of his own life. Through a shocking series of revelations, Adam learns that he has unwittingly been playing a major role in a dark and mysterious conspiracy. By following a 400 year old trail left behind by John Dee, the 16th-century occultist and famous advisor to Queen Elizabeth I, he unearths secrets of the biblical giants known as the Nephilim and the ancient myth of the Great Flood, and finds himself facing powerful adversaries - the members of a strange and elusive society - as he uncovers a malevolent plot. With time running out, Adam must stop these men from wreaking monumental catastrophe by unveiling a secret buried thousands of years ago by blood and by time itself - a shocking truth that will shake the very foundations of humanity.

Key Features
- Complex storyline, filled with exciting twists and surprises
- Cinematic approach to scene composition
- Dark and immersive atmosphere
- Moody and suspenseful original soundtrack
- Real-time weather effects (thunder-storms, rain, fog, etc.)
- Puzzles written originally into the plot
- Classic-style point-and-click interface
- 3rd person perspective
- 150+ pre-rendered 1024x768 3D backgrounds
- 50+ fully interactive real-time 3D characters

Adam Syndrome is currently planned for a Q3 2008 release.
View : : :
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Jul 31, 2007, 08:10
... Jul 31, 2007, 08:10
Jul 31, 2007, 08:10

If he really wants to stick with his convictions he will give up his personal computer. Intel has a new research and fab facility in Israel. And even if he uses AMD, AMD has lots of Intel tech in them; hell they are based around the whole design by Intel.
I was indeed aware of that but there is nothing I can do about that - much like I can't stop buying US products just because their government provides MASSIVE support to Israel. However, anything that is directly attributable to Israel I will avoid (if I am aware of it) - so, for instance, a lot of tomatoes come from Israel so I always check the label to see where they're from. There's no need to try and be smart about it. Anything that I can sensibly boycott I will and I will encourage others to do the same.

pssch, anti-semitism is SO 1930s. Get with the program!
It's not anti-semitism - it's a hatred of Israel's military policy / government and oppression of the Palestinians. I have spoken to a former Israeli soldier who was so appalled by what they were doing over there that he quit the military and now campaigns for the Palestinian cause, so I'm not just going off what I read on some random internet site - his name is Gilad Atzmon and he is a world renowned jazz musician.

My intention was just to raise the issue and make people aware of my point-of-view in case people that oppose Israel's actions weren't paying particular attention. If you support state-genocide then feel free to purchase this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Adam Syndrome
Jul 31, 2007, 00:51
Kxmode

Adam Syndrome Jul 31, 2007, 00:51
Jul 31, 2007, 00:51
 Kxmode

I want my name legally changed!

-----
"Well it's true! You're semi-evil. You're quasi-evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil. Just one calorie, not evil enough."
(http://music.download.com/kxmode)
"Listen, Peter... with great horsepower comes... the sickest drifts..." - source

Re: ...
Jul 30, 2007, 21:53
Enahs

Re: ... Jul 30, 2007, 21:53
Jul 30, 2007, 21:53
 Enahs

Woody sure did say my name a lot. I feel like a celebrity!

He sure is great at aligning me with all kinda of various political and social parties from a joke. Brilliant!

Seriously though man, stop saying my name so much. Or are you gay and in love with me? Israel does not support homosexuality or support the practice of it; so therefor you being anti Israel must support and practice homosexuality.

I am very flattered that my joke got you all sex0red up and all, but that is not my thing. Please leave me out of your fantasies, or at least please do not try and make those fantasies come true.

Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesChat.user.js

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

Jul 30, 2007, 21:46
PHJF

Re: ... Jul 30, 2007, 21:46
Jul 30, 2007, 21:46
 PHJF

I don't mean to justify suicide bombing here but rather to make clear that the Israelis are not the good guys. There are no good guys in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, just self-interested parties doing what ever is necessary to seize power no matter how much suffering is imposed on the Israeli and Palestinian people as a result.

What the hell are babbling about? Haven't you heard? The US of A supports Israel. Therefore, via the transitive property, every non-terrorist, democracy-loving, god-fearing global denizen supports Israel. It's just basic math.

------
"That don't look like no golden marmoset I ever seen!"
Steam + PSN: PHJF

Jul 30, 2007, 21:29
Re: ... Jul 30, 2007, 21:29
Jul 30, 2007, 21:29

anti-semitism is SO 1930s.

You don't have to be anti-Semitic to be opposed to Israeli policies. The West Bank is essentially under apartheid with it's military checkpoints, Israeli-only roads, Israeli-only cities and the "security" wall. And don't forget, Israel's occupation of the West Bank is in direct violation of international law. Also going against international law is Israel's steadfast denial of right of return for Palestinian refugess. Likewise, read up on some of the atrocities committed by the Hagana and later the IDF; Dayr Yasin comes to mind as being particularly horrific.

I don't mean to justify suicide bombing here but rather to make clear that the Israelis are not the good guys. There are no good guys in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, just self-interested parties doing what ever is necessary to seize power no matter how much suffering is imposed on the Israeli and Palestinian people as a result.

Jul 30, 2007, 20:32
Re: ... Jul 30, 2007, 20:32
Jul 30, 2007, 20:32

Hey everyone! It's Mel 'Woody' Gibson! Hitting the bottle again, Mel?

What are you lookin' at sugartits?

"Well that sounds like fun times, Peter. Tell me...where does James Woods fit into the "fun times"."
- James Woods, Family Guy
"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."

Jul 30, 2007, 18:32
Re: ... Jul 30, 2007, 18:32
Jul 30, 2007, 18:32

pssch, anti-semitism is SO 1930s. Get with the program!

TheyAreComingForYou is a NooB
Jul 30, 2007, 18:09
TheyAreComingForYou is a NooB Jul 30, 2007, 18:09
Jul 30, 2007, 18:09

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 16, 09:42.

Jul 30, 2007, 17:48
Enahs

Re: ... Jul 30, 2007, 17:48
Jul 30, 2007, 17:48
 Enahs

yeah i'm not touching that post with a 10 foot pole... or a pole of any length, for that matter.

What about if the pole was made my an Israeli manufacturer?

If he really wants to stick with his convictions he will give up his personal computer. Intel has a new research and fab facility in Israel. And even if he uses AMD, AMD has lots of Intel tech in them; hell they are based around the whole design by Intel.

So I guess that he now knows this, we will never hear from him again?

Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesChat.user.js

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js
This comment was edited on Jul 30, 17:50.
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

Jul 30, 2007, 17:37
Re: ... Jul 30, 2007, 17:37
Jul 30, 2007, 17:37

so pirate it if you don't support buying them a new ak with each game sale

Jul 30, 2007, 16:40
Re: ... Jul 30, 2007, 16:40
Jul 30, 2007, 16:40

Yeah kinda like in the west, there is this country that refuses to support itself or it's citizens. Holy shit the world sucks

Jul 30, 2007, 15:57
Re: ... Jul 30, 2007, 15:57
Jul 30, 2007, 15:57

yeah i'm not touching that post with a 10 foot pole... or a pole of any length, for that matter.

Jul 30, 2007, 14:09
... Jul 30, 2007, 14:09
Jul 30, 2007, 14:09

Israeli developer? Well that immediately puts it on my botcott list. I don't give a shit what other people think about my position but I oppose Israel's actions in the middle east and refuse to support it or its citizens in any way. If you care about what is happening over there then I suggest you too boycott this game and any other Israeli product.

Yes my message is preachy but boycotting products DOES work - you only have to look at apartheid to see that. US citizens should also try to stop their government supporting Israel's actions through foreign aid and arms exports.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

ok but..
Jul 30, 2007, 13:24
Tom
ok but.. Jul 30, 2007, 13:24
Jul 30, 2007, 13:24
Tom

Who considers 1024x768 to be high resolution these days?

Re: No subject
Jul 30, 2007, 12:50
Re: No subject Jul 30, 2007, 12:50
Jul 30, 2007, 12:50

i saw alien syndrome at first... i was like, didn't they already redo that one for the wii?

Jul 30, 2007, 11:22
ibm
Re: No subject Jul 30, 2007, 11:22
Jul 30, 2007, 11:22
ibm

Good luck with the game Dark Motif. I always like to try out new adventure games. Especially when some occult mysteries are thrown into the story.

edit: oops spelt Motif correctly.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 11:22.

Jul 30, 2007, 10:39
Re: No subject Jul 30, 2007, 10:39
Jul 30, 2007, 10:39

The first thing I thought when I read the article title was "Hmmm....Bioshock expansion?"

No subject
Jul 30, 2007, 10:20
No subject Jul 30, 2007, 10:20
Jul 30, 2007, 10:20

WOOHOO! Full page news release.

Rev. Norb: I'd just like to say that four for a dollar Tijuana tacos seemed like a good idea at the time. Please pass the toilet paper.
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older